Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Many posters on this site could really use this I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Many posters on this site could really use this

+3
jahlives
DocS
roadglide
7 posters

Go down

Many posters on this site could really use this Empty Many posters on this site could really use this

Post by roadglide Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:38 am

http://work.lifegoesstrong.com/7-spelling-and-grammar-errors-make-you-look-dumb
roadglide
roadglide
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

http://www.reviveamericanow.info

Back to top Go down

Many posters on this site could really use this Empty Re: Many posters on this site could really use this

Post by DocS Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:07 am

You really need to add (y'all) for those of us that live in that part of the U.S.
Very Happy

DocS

Back to top Go down

Many posters on this site could really use this Empty Re: Many posters on this site could really use this

Post by roadglide Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:21 am

DocS wrote:You really need to add (y'all) for those of us that live in that part of the U.S.
Very Happy
Good One!
roadglide
roadglide
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jahlives Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:08 am

roadglide wrote:http://work.lifegoesstrong.com/7-spelling-and-grammar-errors-make-you-look-dumb

--------

Ut oh, not the grammar thing again.....

Many posters on this site could really use this 2211252749
jahlives
jahlives
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:15 am

Did I miss something or is this a college English Composition class? I thought this was a forum for expression and questing for ones desire for knowledge and information relative to the financial condition of the Iraqi Dinar.
In the real world people make mistakes, have various levels of education/understanding/keyboard skills etc.. In the real world grammer and speech mannerisms vary (and have varied emphasis placed on syllables and words or in fact vowels). Some even call these mannerisms such things as drawls, brogues, twangs, guttural embellishments, accent, etc.. Some we can understand and others we can not. When the written word is used these things disappear to some extent as sound is not a factor. Unfortunately, so does some of the emphasis.
I guess what I am saying is - Do NOT be quick to condemn someone for how they speak or operate a computer keyboard. In some cases they are doing the best they can and in others they type so fast (usually as fast as they think) and I know of no one that is exactly perfect on any keyboard. When one takes into consideration physical and mental conditions (not the person's fault) it then becomes a point of wonder as to why someone would bring this subject up and post such a thing as above. Makes one wonder just how perfect that person thinks they are. JMHO OH, I forgot - I WAS an English Major at one time in my life, have multiple copyrights, and I am not perfect either. Thank you.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by roadglide Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:28 am

aksafeone wrote:Did I miss something or is this a college English Composition class? I thought this was a forum for expression and questing for ones desire for knowledge and information relative to the financial condition of the Iraqi Dinar.
In the real world people make mistakes, have various levels of education/understanding/keyboard skills etc.. In the real world grammer and speech mannerisms vary (and have varied emphasis placed on syllables and words or in fact vowels). Some even call these mannerisms such things as drawls, brogues, twangs, guttural embellishments, accent, etc.. Some we can understand and others we can not. When the written word is used these things disappear to some extent as sound is not a factor. Unfortunately, so does some of the emphasis.
I guess what I am saying is - Do NOT be quick to condemn someone for how they speak or operate a computer keyboard. In some cases they are doing the best they can and in others they type so fast (usually as fast as they think) and I know of no one that is exactly perfect on any keyboard. When one takes into consideration physical and mental conditions (not the person's fault) it then becomes a point of wonder as to why someone would bring this subject up and post such a thing as above. Makes one wonder just how perfect that person thinks they are. JMHO OH, I forgot - I WAS an English Major at one time in my life, have multiple copyrights, and I am not perfect either. Thank you.
I was being helpful, not critical. Chances are, in your effort to rebut my post, you did not even click on the helpful link I provided. None of us are beyond learning.
roadglide
roadglide
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:34 am

Sorry SPORT, I DID reference your first posting and I DO take offense to someone who is critical of others that can not help the way they are, look, feel, write or speak. To me that is the act of a bully and since grade school has been out for most of us for a LONG time I find such thing inappropriate. A quirk of mine, that.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:38 am

-"Did I miss something or is this a college English Composition class? I thought this was a forum for expression and questing for ones desire for knowledge and information relative to the financial condition of the Iraqi Dinar."

"After the Dinar," quoth Adianoeta,
"an education has I."

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Many posters on this site could really use this Empty huh

Post by clayf Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:39 am

roadglide wrote:http://work.lifegoesstrong.com/7-spelling-and-grammar-errors-make-you-look-dumb
Whatever!!....(is that spelled right) :cyclops:
clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldPeg9 Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:47 am

I didn't take any offense at this at all.

Perhaps there were even people who were wondering about this - as it was never explained to them properly by their early teachers - thus they appreciated the link.

Some of us had it drilled into our heads by our Mothers/Fathers too - so didn't matter about the teachers. ☀

My Mom sits and picks at the grammar of the news casters on TV. From News Papers, she even writes down their errs, so she can complain to other people about it! LOL :geek:

Helping to Create an Enlightened World in 2012 - Za'Raya
GoldPeg9
GoldPeg9
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roadglide Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:50 am

GoldPeg9 wrote:I didn't take any offense at this at all.

Perhaps there were even people who were wondering about this - as it was never explained to them properly by their early teachers - thus they appreciated the link.

Some of us had it drilled into our heads by our Mothers/Fathers too - so didn't matter about the teachers. ☀

My Mom sits and picks at the grammar of the news casters on TV. From News Papers, she even writes down their errs, so she can complain to other people about it! LOL :geek:
Thank you. You are very wise.
roadglide
roadglide
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jahlives Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:03 pm

GoldPeg9 wrote:I didn't take any offense at this at all.

-------

Lovin' the new avatar, Peggy. Ok, I couldn't resist . . . GoldPeg. GO GIRL! :joker:
jahlives
jahlives
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alchemist Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:08 pm

I may have weak spots. The signage at the top of the article said,
"We are committed to Exec. Sell'En?"

Alchemist
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldPeg9 Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:24 pm

-------

Lovin' the new avatar, Peggy. Ok, I couldn't resist . . . GoldPeg. GO GIRL! :joker:[/quote]

LOL GoldenPegasus9 aka Seven of Nine. Smile

Helping to Create an Enlightened World in 2012 - Za'Raya
GoldPeg9
GoldPeg9
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum