Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Philanthropy Ideas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Philanthropy Ideas

+9
openmind
MiddleClassMaiden
Kevind53
SEBtopdog
Dinar4silver
dinarstar
jallen
ktdidd1953
pygmalyn
13 posters

Go down

Philanthropy Ideas Empty Philanthropy Ideas

Post by pygmalyn Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:02 pm

I'd like to start this post as a place for all of us to brainstorm, research, and list places where we can make a difference in the world with the resources God gives us.

I know for me, in addition to my own family, I am looking at various Christian missions ... and missionaries... people who are serving around the world to provide economic, medical, spiritual, and physical relief to the suffering peoples of the world.

Here are some I've been looking at:

e3 World Ministry - http://www.e3partners.org/Page.aspx?pid=1209

New Tribes Mission - http://usa.ntm.org/

Samaritan's Purse - http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

Compassion International - http://www.compassion.com/default.htm

Precious Stones Adoption Ministry - http://www.missionhills.org/index.php/ministries/adoption
This is a ministry of a church in my area... (Not mine)... I am impressed by the large numbers of people in their congregation who have embraced adoption as an outreach ministry to orphaned children... This page has many resources to find agencies and possibly provide 'scholarships' for willing parents.

These are a start to the list... what sources and ideas can YOU post... ??
pygmalyn
pygmalyn

Back to top Go down

Philanthropy Ideas Empty Re: Philanthropy Ideas

Post by ktdidd1953 Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:23 pm

St. Jude's Children's Hospital

The Shriners Children's Hospital

Red Cross

Baptist Children's Home

Boys Ranch, Amarillo, TX

ktdidd1953

Back to top Go down

Post by jallen Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:15 pm

before donating to:
St. Jude's Children's Hospital
The Shriners Children's Hospital
Red Cross
Baptist Children's Home
Boys Ranch, Amarillo, TX
Look into their masonic connection. Also be sure to discover the $ of funds that actually go to alleged purpose and what portion to management/masons.
KNOW who you support.

jallen

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:20 pm

I support those who need it,with or without any "connection".

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar4silver Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:29 pm

I have now heard everything!

I can see the headlines now..............

Masonic conspiracy's: The Next Generation!

Thanks for my best chuckle of the day!
Dinar4silver
Dinar4silver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:34 pm

My hope is to donate directly to people in need, anonymously of course.

Also, to bring comfort and safety to abused women and children, as well as homeless families.

Animals play a big part in my life, and I plan to do what I can to help in rescue and shelter. I will donate money to be used specifically to spay and neuter animals in shelters prior to adoption, pets of people who cannot afford it, and catch/spay or neuter/release of ferrel cat populations. Over 12,000,000 unwanted animals are euthanized every year in this country. This statistic is shameful.

Philanthropy Ideas Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

Philanthropy Ideas Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar4silver Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:40 pm

I've worked with St.Judes, Best Buddies, and Special Olympics for years.

I can see the next Masonic conspiracy now:

"Special Olympics revealed to be Masonic training center for assassins!"

I'm sorry I had to use Special Olympics to make light of this sites latest conspiracy theory!
Dinar4silver
Dinar4silver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:42 am

jallen did have one valid point. Be sure to investigate any charity thoroughly before giving to it ... some make very poor use of their donations with only pennies on the dollar actually making it to the intended recipients with the balance going to administrative expenses (read over paid staff). There are sites that rate different charities, not necessarily user friendly and many only look at certain groups but the research can be done.

My wife and I have chosen several groups we will give to, in some cases we know the people involved personally, in other cases we have checked them out and found that little, if any of the donations go to "administrative expenses."

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Philanthropy Ideas 2805820865  Philanthropy Ideas 2805820865  Philanthropy Ideas 2805820865  Philanthropy Ideas 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by MiddleClassMaiden Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:49 am

re: Philanthoropy Ideas - Great list of worthy ministries/charities.

Another that's doing a very special and needed work worldwide is Wycliffe Bible Translators http://www.wycliffe.org/

I worked with this group both in the US and in Colombia, South America.

Each of their missionaries (including leadership and administrators) trust God for their financial support through individuals, churches and groups. Neither the organization nor the individual missionaries receive any guaranteed income. The organization has a policy of 'Full Information Without Solicitation', and do exactly what they say they do. Face it, there is only 3 things any of us can do when it comes to serving God. We can go, we can give, and/or we can pray.

Of course, the bottom line on any Philantropic Outreach/Sharing... is to seek God's guidance... listen to the Holy spirit on the matter... and obey that still, small voice as to what God wants you to do. Then do it. Simple as that...

THANK YOU so much for sharing your experiences and recommendations. It is THIS WAY we can prepare for the next step in our life-changing gift of God that is so near at the moment... May God richly bless you as you seek His will and direction during these historic days.
MiddleClassMaiden
MiddleClassMaiden
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar4silver Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:59 am

Kevin

You bring up several good points!

Please keep in mind that when researching charities, evaluating a charities expenses is critical, but often difficult to compare to other charities.

Take the Red Cross for instance. When a natural disaster occurs any where in the world, the Red Cross is expected to be there in a moments notice. Transportation of goods, materials, equipment and volunteers, can be very expensive when time is of the essense.
Dinar4silver
Dinar4silver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:08 am

Yes true Dinar4Silver ... I will used to volunteer with the RC as an instructor, but stopped when I moved and the local branch wanted me to pay to re-certify so I could volunteer to teach classes they charged for ... give me a break! Also if I remember correctly their higher ups have some pretty hefty salaries compared to other charities ...

One I definitely will give to is Iris Ministries they work in Africa (mostly Mozambique) ministering to the orphans, preaching the gospel and raising up indigenous pastors. They have one of the only blanket licenses to drill wells there, and the vast majority of their staff raise their own support. Almost 100% goes to direct aid and or transportation (trucks, jeeps, bush aircraft etc.)

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Philanthropy Ideas 2805820865  Philanthropy Ideas 2805820865  Philanthropy Ideas 2805820865  Philanthropy Ideas 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar4silver Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:31 am

Kevin

After reading your post it came to me that a good rule of thumb for choosing a charity should always include the fact that you are passionate about the charities mission.

There will always be charities that need donations and volunteers. Finding a charity that makes us passionate is good for us and the charity.
Dinar4silver
Dinar4silver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by openmind Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:24 am

First an RV is required.

RON PAUL 2012

"People want to see real hope restored, not false hope hyped up!" ---Me

"I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it."---Dinar Pumpers
openmind
openmind
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:56 pm

openmind wrote:First an RV is required.

No RV is required to research and plan for philanthropy, openmind. Please don't throw cold water all over an uplifting post. Thanks.

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:28 pm

Dinar4silver wrote:Kevin

After reading your post it came to me that a good rule of thumb for choosing a charity should always include the fact that you are passionate about the charities mission.

There will always be charities that need donations and volunteers. Finding a charity that makes us passionate is good for us and the charity.

I love this post,
we will be working with the orphans in Kremenchug,and helping my brother finance his ministry in South Africa,
in the meanwhile we can all make donations to those we wish to,relative to our current financial circumstances.
I quote and thank Seb for these words

"SEBtopdog

openmind wrote:
First an RV is required.

No RV is required to research and plan for philanthropy, openmind. Please don't throw cold water all over an uplifting post. Thanks."

Blessings to everyone,in every way 👼

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:32 pm

Thank you for your kind words, dinarstar. Like you, I love to hear what work people have planned when we receive this blessing. If it comes through as hoped, we have such an opportunity to change lives, and perhaps the world.

❤

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar4silver Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:37 pm

Let's all keep and open mind about all Philanthropy Ideas!

For the most part, that isn't a difficult request.

Now if we could just find someone who fit the monicker "openmind"
Dinar4silver
Dinar4silver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar4silver Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:48 pm

I saw a tv special a few weeks ago and I wish I had recorded the entire show. The show centered on several "billionaires" and what they did for their Philanthropy projects.

The one segment that really made me sit bad and think, involved a couple who spent tens of millions of dollars each year setting up programs that taught people to take care of themselves. One of their pet projects involved teaching people to effectively garden in order to feed their families. His contention was that handing people money, only helped them on the short term. Teaching people to garden or to learn a trade, provides them with a lifetime of support.

One aspect of the show frightened me. The United States is supposedly one of the most advanced counties on Earth, yet almost 1/3 of American's live under the poverty limit.

I am often overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of the number of charities that need support. I will personally try to assist in the charities in the United States and if my wife and I become the next Bill Gates and wife, then we will branch out.

I am really enjoying the points being made on this thread!

The next step is making the ideas happen!
Dinar4silver
Dinar4silver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:06 pm

We want to work with orphans,as when they reach a certain age,they are on their own,street kids basically.
I love the city,and the people,so we are formulating a way to do something similar to what you refer to,a program to identify the children's talents,and then train and educate them to hone their skills,so that by the time they have to leave their orphanage homes,they will be profficient and employable.
We will also eandevour to find them work prior to exiting the facility.
The number of teen suicides is shocking there amongst these children,most will spend their lives abused,trafficked and forgotten.
In all consience,my wife and I cannot let this happen.
We do not have much dinar,but it is enough to make the difference,and hopefully set an example for others to join and follow.
RV,it's just wonderful that we found the IQD and this amazing,caring site.
Thank you all!
🙇 🙇 🙇

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar4silver Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:47 pm

Dinarstar,

I had this poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson (about Success) framed year ago:

Based on your comments, I think you will like it:

SUCCESS:

To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you lived. This is to have succeeded.
Dinar4silver
Dinar4silver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nickd11 Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:17 pm

I do not have much dinar but if it actually rv's and after I pay the taxes, whatever is left I will get myself to zero debt first. Then will help my ex wife even though she does not speak to me, then help my daughters. After that I want to help children who are in need. I have always had a desire to help the less fortunate and it would make me feel great to give and never forget the times I needed help and had know one to turn to. Or the times I needed help and had someone to turn to. With the grace of Jesus if he wants us to have the money we will have. We all are chosen to have a chance at this and if it comes to fruision, get on your knees and thak the lord and be sensible with the money. My heart goes out to everyone.

nickd11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:35 pm

Dinar4silver wrote:One aspect of the show frightened me. The United States is supposedly one of the most advanced counties on Earth, yet almost 1/3 of American's live under the poverty limit.

This is true, however keep in mind that what we call poor would be considered rich in most countries of the world. That third world laborer working for one or two dollars would love to have what the average needy person gets just in food stamps.

We have all seen the occupy protests. What seems to be forgotten in their rants against the 1% is that on a world scale they ARE the 1%. Personally most of our charity will be focused in the third world. Just a little food for thought.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar4silver Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:25 pm

Kevin,

Sadly, you are very correct.

Anything we do to help those in need, will be more than most.

Dinar4silver
Dinar4silver
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KAI Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:23 am

Now arguing about charities?

crap
KAI
KAI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HillbillyPreacher Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:26 am

My wife and son have just been approved for a 501 (c) (3), non-profit. We will be helping veterans and the deaf. I like the idea of helping the children, because if you can reach the children, you might can reach the parents. We will be reaching out to them in the communities. We also will be helping Dave Roever's group.

HillbillyPreacher

Back to top Go down

Post by konacoffeegal Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:37 am

Whether your heart is telling you to give to those less fortunate in your home country or otherwise is God trying to cover all the bases.
konacoffeegal
konacoffeegal
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:13 am

Dinar4silver wrote:Dinarstar,

SUCCESS:

To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you lived. This is to have succeeded.

Thanks for that D4S :cheers:

I am going to print it out,frame and hang it right next to my door,so I can read those words going out and coming in,thanks once again,it is very very special 🙇

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:43 pm

Dinar4silver wrote:Dinarstar,

SUCCESS:

With a tip of the hat to you Dinar4Silver, I think I'll have this one framed, too. What a beautiful philosophy!

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum