Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert

Go down

Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert Empty Vietnam - Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert

Post by lexie Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:24 pm

November 8, 2011

Central bank may adjust forex rate by early 2012: expert

Vietnam’s central bank may adjust foreign exchange rate between the Vietnam dong and the US dollar by early 2012, mirroring its move in late 2010, said an expert.

Since the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) has pledged to regulate the forex rate fluctuation at around 1 percent until the year-end, the market is forecast to see an adjustment by early next year, Le Xuan Nghia, vice chair of the National Financial Supervisory Committee, told Saigon Tiep Thi newspaper.

SBV last month repeatedly raised the interbank average forex rate by up to 0.85 percent, only 0.15 percent below the central bank's commitment.

However, if the central bank had adjusted the forex rate, the adjustment would not be so high as earlier this year, by 8.5 percent on February 11, Nghia said.

The country's international payment balance this year is predicted to be in surplus of $4-5 billion and the inflow of foreign direct investment (FDI) capital into Vietnam may rise 3-4 percent year on year, together with a rise of about 10 percent of inward remittances sent to Vietnam this year, he added.

Nghia also said that the most important task in macroeconomic stability from now till the end of this year is to control the forex rate.

During the last two months, the forex rate in the banking system sometimes touched nearly VND22,000 a US dollar, making the actual US dollar price in the banking system often higher than that on the free market by VND200-400 a US dollar.

Tai Hui, head of the macroeconomic research team in South East Asia of Standard Chartered Bank, has predicted that the official forex rate will be VND22,000 to the US dollar by the end of 2012.

Though the US dollar will depreciate against many regional currencies next year, it will appreciate against the Vietnam dong due to Vietnam’s current account deficit and draining forex reserve, he told Doanh Nhan newspaper.

To ease the pressure on the dong, the central bank should consider maintaining a stabilized high interest rate for the dong to protect investors and dong holders from the devaluating currency.

So, it must choose between offering high depositing rates or curbing inflation as fast as possible to win the hearts of investors and dong holders, he added.

Though the devaluation, in the long-term, may help scale down the trade gap, it will surely be a burden for businesses in the short-term.

As a result, if the central bank has to adjust the forex rate, it should consider a rate that meets the market expectation so that the domestic currency will be stabilized for a longer period of time, he said.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2011/11/central-bank-may-adjust-forex-rate-by.html#more

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum