Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law

2 posters

Go down

Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law Empty Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law

Post by matwms Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:07 pm

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's signature healthcare law got a boost on Tuesday when an appeals court agreed with a lower court that dismissed a challenge and found the law's minimum coverage requirement was constitutional.

The Appeals Court for the District of Columbia Circuit upheld a lower court ruling that had found it constitutional to require Americans to buy healthcare insurance coverage by early 2014 or face a penalty and had dismissed a lawsuit challenging it.

"It certainly is an encroachment on individual liberty, but it is no more so than a command that restaurants or hotels are obliged to serve all customers regardless of race ... or that a farmer cannot grow enough wheat to support his own family," wrote Judge Laurence Silberman in the majority opinion, citing past federal mandates that inspired legal fights.

"The right to be free from federal regulation is not absolute, and yields to the imperative that Congress be free to forge national solutions to national problems, no matter how local -- or seemingly passive -- their individual origins."

It was the latest victory for the Obama administration, which sought the new law to try to stem the soaring costs of healthcare and to increase coverage for the more than 35 million Americans without healthcare insurance.

COURTS DIFFER

Two federal courts have thrown out the so-called individual mandate but others have upheld it. The Supreme Court is expected to take up the matter this term.

In the latest case, Judge Brett Kavanaugh broke with the other two justices on the panel and said the court did not have jurisdiction to decide the case.

In his 65-page dissent he wrote that the Anti-Injunction Act, "limits the jurisdiction of federal courts over tax-related matters" and said the penalty charged for not having insurance is a tax.

Kavanaugh also cautioned the courts against rushing to decide the constitutionality of the law, known as the Affordable Care Act, and urged waiting until 2015 when tax refund or enforcement suits would be filed over the mandate.

"We should hesitate to unnecessarily decide a case that could usher in a significant expansion of congressional authority with no obvious principled limit," Kavanaugh wrote.

Last month the Obama administration asked the Supreme Court for a quick ruling on the requirement. The high court could resolve uncertainty over the law that is affecting the federal government, states and companies. The court's current term runs through June 2012.

More than half the states have sued to challenge the law, saying Congress overstepped its constitutional authority.

A three-judge panel of the 11th Circuit Court agreed, saying in August that the law is not protected by the Commerce Clause of the Constitution, which allows Congress to regulate commerce among states.

It too said the penalty for not having insurance was akin to a tax, which the government was not entitled to levy.

But an Appeals Court in Cincinnati said the individual mandate was constitutional.

Meanwhile, Virginia is asking the Supreme Court to overturn a decision throwing out its challenge that contends federal law cannot trump a state one allowing residents to forego health insurance.

(Reporting by Jeremy Pelofsky and Lisa Lambert in Washington, editing by Howard Goller and Eric Beech)

matwms
Elite Member
Elite Member

http://www.ocalamobilenotary.com

Back to top Go down

Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law Empty Re: Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:15 pm

well it will end up in the Supreme Court. Come and get me in 2014, I will not not get it. Sorry, I have my own health care plan and it is with the Lord, along with eating the right things, cleansing the body a couple times a year and taking the minerals the body needs with proper oxygen. No need for commercial negativity and forced association. AJ

Back to top Go down

Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law Empty Re: Appeals court backs Obama healthcare law

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:17 pm

and oh, by the way, if your a washington dc citizen, you have to follow the laws for the 10 sqaure miles.............that does not mean they extend to me, if you know what true rights are.

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:47 pm

And, the Supreme Court will have a delima to decide from. 1. Does the United States "corperation" have jurisdiction. OR, 2. Does America, the Republic have jursdiction, in which Obamacare is, IS, unconstututional. We will see how it goes...love each other and yourtself...rick152

NO INCUMBENTS ELECTED IN 2012. FEDERAL, STATE OR, LOCAL
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:14 pm

rick152 wrote:And, the Supreme Court will have a delima to decide from. 1. Does the United States "corperation" have jurisdiction. OR, 2. Does America, the Republic have jursdiction, in which Obamacare is, IS, unconstututional. We will see how it goes...love each other and yourtself...rick152

NO INCUMBENTS ELECTED IN 2012. FEDERAL, STATE OR, LOCAL

Answer to 1: sure if your election is a US citizen, and 2: If your election is one of the People.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum