Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Removing the zeros question. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Removing the zeros question.

+2
therealbutterfly
ibcraig0
6 posters

Go down

Removing the zeros question. Empty Removing the zeros question.

Post by ibcraig0 Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:04 pm

I keep seeing people talk about removing the 3 zeros like it is a great thing or something that has to happen before the RV. Maybe I don't understand this but IMO if they do that they are DE-valuing the money and making it worthless to us. The way I understand it is that if they remove 3 zeros that makes 1 million dinar worth 1 thousand dinar and if they do that it doesn't matter if it revalues at 10 dollars, we don't get what we are hoping for.

I can only see removing the zeros as a bad thing for us investors hoping for financial salvation. On top of that we would all have to exchange our notes for lower notes so that our 25000 note would then be a 25 dinar note. I don't see them making the exchange easy for anyone outside of Iraq to exchange their notes either so unless there was a way for us to do that, we would be left with a bunch of worthless paper.

Please if I am wrong please explain it to me because every time I read someone saying that they have to remove the zeros first my stomach knots up and I want to throw up a little bit.
ibcraig0
ibcraig0
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Removing the zeros question. Empty Re: Removing the zeros question.

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:14 pm

ibcraig0 wrote:I keep seeing people talk about removing the 3 zeros like it is a great thing or something that has to happen before the RV. Maybe I don't understand this but IMO if they do that they are DE-valuing the money and making it worthless to us. The way I understand it is that if they remove 3 zeros that makes 1 million dinar worth 1 thousand dinar and if they do that it doesn't matter if it revalues at 10 dollars, we don't get what we are hoping for.

I can only see removing the zeros as a bad thing for us investors hoping for financial salvation. On top of that we would all have to exchange our notes for lower notes so that our 25000 note would then be a 25 dinar note. I don't see them making the exchange easy for anyone outside of Iraq to exchange their notes either so unless there was a way for us to do that, we would be left with a bunch of worthless paper.

Please if I am wrong please explain it to me because every time I read someone saying that they have to remove the zeros first my stomach knots up and I want to throw up a little bit.

IF they LOP, which is what you are implying, it doesnt render your dinar worthless. Basically it just means you just about break even. If a 25k note is worth currently $21.50 and they lop and a new 25 note is now worth $21.50 and they can be used interchangeably. Thats IF they lop with no increase in rate. But if you put all factors in, I cant see a straight lop like you suggest. Could it happen? SURE but will it? Dunno....
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by watchman42 Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:14 pm

Craig,

This is a good thing. They are talking about removing them (25,000, 10,000, 5,000 & perhaps 1,000 bills) from circulation to make room for the smaller denominations because the currency is going up in value. If you were in Iraq and took a 25,000 bill, with a revalue of $80,000.00 +/-, to buy a coke and snickers bar, then the merchant would not be able to make change and would not accept your currency to begin with. Now, on the other hand, when the smaller denoms are put into circulation after the RV, it won't be a problem.

Blessings,

watchman42

Last edited by watchman42 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
watchman42
watchman42
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by mitkire Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:16 pm

no effect on r/v. same as if you had an uncirculated $1000.00 bill. you'd get ten $100.00 bills in exchange. net effect = zero.

mitkire
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ibcraig0 Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:24 pm

I see what you all are saying but let me put this out there.

If I have 1 million dinar and it RVs at 1 to 1 then I effectively have 1 million dollars.

On the other hand if they LOP I then have 1 thousand dinar and with a 1 to 1 revalue I then have 1 thousand dollars.

Right?
ibcraig0
ibcraig0
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:39 pm

ibcraig0 wrote:I see what you all are saying but let me put this out there.

If I have 1 million dinar and it RVs at 1 to 1 then I effectively have 1 million dollars.

On the other hand if they LOP I then have 1 thousand dinar and with a 1 to 1 revalue I then have 1 thousand dollars.

Right?

Correct. So basically you are close to break even with your investment if you got in recently.
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by humingbyrd Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Right?

If you have a million dinar, then you have a million dinar! Whether you have 1 million dinars in 25K notes or if you have 1 million dinar in 250 notes.

If you were going to purchase an item right now, before RV/I that cost the equivalent of $100 US dollars, it would now take 100 times 1170Dinars or 117,000 dinars to purchase that $100 item. On your example of a 1 for 1 RV/I, then that item would now cost 100 Dinar. If they had small denominations of bills, say in 5 Dinar Notes, that $100 item would currently require you to have 117,000 divided by 5 Dinar Notes = 23,400 (5 Dinar Notes).

The smaller denoms would/will come into play post RV/I. Since the dinar has such a low value currently, a person would have to carry large piles of bill to purchase things.

Hope this helps!
humingbyrd
humingbyrd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Len Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Right?

most are saying NO lop. the large dinar notes will be removed from circulation because they are worth too much to be used practically.....like what happened to the $10,000 and $1,000 dollar bills in usa. if you have a $10,000 us dollar bill it is still good.
Len
Len
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by ibcraig0 Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:40 pm

I see the light!!!

Thanks for all the help I think I get it now. Whatever happens I just say GO RV!!!!
ibcraig0
ibcraig0
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum