Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
If Okie had a church :) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

If Okie had a church :)

+4
watchman42
aksafeone
newlife
farmgirl
8 posters

Go down

If Okie had a church :) Empty If Okie had a church :)

Post by farmgirl Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:19 am

If Okie had a church…

I would be a member. What makes some churches “explode” (aka Joel Osteen) and some “not” is my question. I have found Okie’s site a real case study of someone who has stepped into a “moment in time” of being exactly where God wants them doing exactly what He has asked him to do and he must be exhausted! There are now over 17,000 members on his site. WOW!
The “dinar world” was a mystery to us until six months ago so I have to bow to the greatness of the folks who have been in longer. But having been in ministry since 1986 in various aspects – the latter decade + planting ministries, missions and other various interdenominational type events, I feel qualified enough to write this little thought down for you.

If my husband and I were working with Okie, we would first off make observations about what is working, the various players and the interpersonal dynamics and we would know that he was “right on track”.

THE DISCIPLES? Not one time have I ever doubted the respect, honor or loyalty each of the folks involved as wingmen or mods feel for Okie (that is NOT saying they are always correct but they are loyal). That loyalty they feel says things about him that no written word , no checking account, and and no “reporter’s opinion” can sway. That being said – we really can NOT expect them to feel that way about each other and THAT is OK as long as they respect the order of the house set by Okie. You may or may not agree with that because “Okie isn’t perfect” or “you would do it different”. That just says that you have never been in his shoes or theirs. Those of us that have lived long enough had had to say “oops…” and “do over” publically a few different times. It makes us who we are. Okie is one of the kindest, most patient, brilliant men I have had the privilege to observe as he works with quite a variety of strong personalities and fragile hearts.

WINGMEN & MODS: I think of all the intel providers(Wingmen) and the mods. Each of them are amazing believers with divine destiny written all over them in their own right but have been called into this house for this season of time. They are successful in their own worlds and quiet spunky. They will never be the same when this season is over and we thank them for that sacrifice and dedication. BUT just like the disciples in biblical times – sometimes they are like Paul and Peter in Galatians and go “toe to toe” over motivations or details yet they are ALL loyal to Okie. Sometimes they are the “Sons of Thunder” – ( as Jesus called James and John) and just want to “kill all of us” on the site – “shut it down” or at least ban us!! Others are like Peter – GREAT achievers – dedicated and passionate for the good of the whole and the leader but ready to “cut off our ears” if we try to touch Okie (I kinda like those folks).

OKIE HAS KEPT HIS EYE ON HIS CALL: Thankfully, when the smoke finally clears, the voice of reason always comes through Okie to bring it all together because he has his eye on the goal; to equip a force of people who are called by “His Name” (Jesus) with the finances to make a change in families, neighborhoods, cities, regions and nations for God’s glory.

SUCCESS: This season under the humble man of God has really just started – I believe great things will come out of the relationships forged here in the fires and they will glorify the ONE that Okie serves. That will be his reward. US – doing the right thing for the right reason. I hope I am part of that and until heaven Okie and his team will not see the totality of their work and reward so I want to take a moment to say “thank you” to them and to each of the Okie members who have made me laugh and driven me to my knees a few times as well.

THAT WHICH DOESN'T KILL US...: What about some of the conflicting events, conflicting personalities, “misses” and “spot on” hits? If Okie’s folks and direction is “on track” then why? The answer, if you well: Each of the folks involved is being tested and tried in fires for preparations for greater things. Greater things?

THE OTHER SIDE OF DINARLAND: Greater things...Yes. Remember – this is about the greatest transfer of wealth in our generation – use the Moses analysis like many have and apply it here. Okie is indeed the “minister of helps” as he has stated many times, but in this season he has stepped into the “Lord…but I have stammering lips”! LOL and he is leading a group that is sometimes over achievers of greatness and in some moments… grumblers. The analogy goes on and on BUT he or other folks that the Lord has put in our lives to guide us will be with us all on the other side of dinarland  God didn't bring us this far to kill us Smile

Some will be total bone heads of course…. Look at all the folks that fell away when walking with Jesus got “too tough” or “unpopular” and will just be broke in five years - but many of us will go on to do great things and that is my prayer for you - that you go on to do "greater things".

“Nuff Said” and we all honor your heart Okie and say "thank you" on "this side of Glory".

With Love,
Farmgirl
farmgirl
farmgirl

Back to top Go down

If Okie had a church :) Empty Re: If Okie had a church :)

Post by Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:33 am

THE BEST POST EVER! AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by newlife Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:41 am

Amen! Amen! Amen!
newlife
newlife

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:44 am

If Okie had a church I'd start attending it - even if I had to fly in from way up here in the Northland. Nuff Said.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by watchman42 Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:53 am

What makes some churches “explode” (aka Joel Osteen) and some “not” is my question.

Why? Answer: "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears" 2 Timothy 4:3

For the time will come ... - Probably referring to the time mentioned in 2 Timothy 3:1, following.

When they will not endure sound doctrine - Greek, "healthful doctrine;" i. e., doctrine contributing to the health of the soul, or to salvation. At that time they would seek a kind of instruction more conformable to their wishes and feelings.

But after their own lusts - They will seek such kind of preaching as will accord with their carnal desires; or such as will palliate their evil propensities, and deal gently with their vices; compare Isaiah 30:10. "Speak unto us smooth things; prophesy deceits."

Shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears - The word rendered "heap" - ἐπισωρεύω episōreuō - does not occur elsewhere in the New Testament. It means "to heap up upon, to accumulate;" and here "to multiply." The word rendered "itching" - κνήθω knēthō - also occurs only in this place in the New Testament. It means "to rub, to scratch;" and then "to tickle," and here to feel an "itching" for something pleasing or gratifying. The image is derived from the desire which we have when there is an itching sensation, to have it rubbed or scratched. Such an uneasiness would these persons have to have some kind of instruction that would allay their restless and uneasy desires, or would gratify them. In explanation of this passage we may observe,

(1) that there will be always religious teachers of some kind, and that in proportion as error and sin abound, they will be multiplied. The apostle here says, that by turning away from Timothy, and from sound instruction, they would not abandon all religious teachers, but would rather increase and multiply them. People often declaim much against a regular ministry, and call it "priest-craft;" and yet, if they were to get rid of such a ministry, they would by no means escape from all kinds of religious teachers. The deeper the darkness, and the more gross the errors, and the more prevalent the wickedness of men, the more will a certain kind of religious teachers abound, and the more it will cost to support them. Italy and Spain swarm with priests, and in every pagan nation they constitute a very numerous class of the population. The cheapest ministry on the earth is a well-educated Protestant clergy, and if society wishes to free itself from swarms of preachers, and prophets, and exhorters, it should secure the regular services of an educated and pious ministry.

(2) in such classes of persons as the apostle here refers to, there is a restless, uneasy desire to have some kind of preachers. They have "itching ears." They will be ready to run after all kinds of public instructors. They will be little pleased with any, and this will be one reason why they will have so many. They are fickle, and unsettled, and never satisfied. A desire to hear the truth, and to learn the way of salvation, is a good desire. But this can be better gratified by far under the patient and intelligent labor of a single religious teacher, than by running after many teachers, or than by frequent changes. How much would a child learn if he was constantly running from one school to another?

(3) such persons would have teachers according to "their own lusts;" that is, their own tastes, or wishes. They would have those who would coincide with their whims; who would foster every vagary which might enter their imagination; who would countenance every wild project for doing good; who would be the advocates of the errors which they held; and who would be afraid to rebuke their faults. These are the principles on which many persons choose their religious teachers. The true principle should be, to select those who will faithfully declare the truth, and who will not shrink from exposing and denouncing sin, wherever it may be found.
watchman42
watchman42
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by SunDigger Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:06 pm

Thanks for posting this. I really like your analogies to Moses and Jesus with his disciples. The disciples really were people just like us who were transformed by their relationship with Jesus, both before and after His resurrection. They, like us, had to learn to see the greater vision and to believe in something they couldn't see yet. I do pray that we all can rise to be those who are greatly blessed and go on to do Greater things in God's Kingdom and for His Glory. Come RV! Come Lord Jesus!

SunDigger

Back to top Go down

Post by farmgirl Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:12 pm

Watchman42.... SIGH. Really? Aren't you a little dramatic? What does your odd post have to do with this subject.

It is evident that you have no platform and want to be heard but that you have a sincere want for "truth" (though oddly put out) - You must be lonely.

We understand that folks like you "Must come to show those of us that are mature" as Paul noted in Corinthians about folks like you- so - we honor that you help us all do our job just a little better and God Bless YOU in your endeavor and may Jesus meet you on your road and give you the biggest hug ever to heal you up and make you an amazing tool in His hand for His glory :arrow:

In Him,
Farmgirl.

farmgirl
farmgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by watchman42 Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:10 pm

farmgirl wrote:Watchman42.... SIGH. Really? Aren't you a little dramatic? What does your odd post have to do with this subject.

It is evident that you have no platform and want to be heard but that you have a sincere want for "truth" (though oddly put out) - You must be lonely.

We understand that folks like you "Must come to show those of us that are mature" as Paul noted in Corinthians about folks like you- so - we honor that you help us all do our job just a little better and God Bless YOU in your endeavor and may Jesus meet you on your road and give you the biggest hug ever to heal you up and make you an amazing tool in His hand for His glory :arrow:

In Him,
Farmgirl.

Watchman42.... SIGH. Really? Yes Aren't you a little dramatic? Not at all What does your odd post have to do with this subject. Just your opening statement

It is evident that you have no platform Funny that you would say this on just your first or second post and want to be heard but that you have a sincere want for "truth" (though oddly put out) - You must be lonely. Again, funny

We understand that folks like you "Must come to show those of us that are mature" NOT TRUE Farmgirl, as you are not mature, rather very naive if you believe that Joel Olsteen is drawing in the crowds for the right reasons as Paul noted in Corinthians about folks like you- so - we honor that you help us all do our job just a little better Then hopefully you will learn before making such unwise statements in the future and God Bless YOU in your endeavor and may Jesus meet you on your road We've already met and I am one of His and give you the biggest hug ever to heal you up and make you an amazing tool in His hand for His glory

How about a little test? Do you believe that mormons are christians? Joel does....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-ZTeOEG6a4&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDuDN2FtrIo&feature=related

In Him,
Farmgirl.
watchman42
watchman42
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by farmgirl Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:21 pm

watchman42 You win Smile
farmgirl
farmgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaya Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Watchman42, God bless you for standing on truth. Not many today desire to know truth. ONLY the Word of God speaks for itself and IF you took the Apostles of God or the SOUND DOCTRINE and stood behind the pulpit of Joel's 40,000 plus church, in ONE month, you might have 2000 left. When you study scripture, you find out, AFTER JESUS preached Kingdom, less and less followed him. Be blessed and thanks for speaking nothing but the Word of God.

Jesus IS Lord! Jesus said, Marvel not that I said you MUST be Born Again--Jn.3;3-8
Siaya
Siaya
Elite Member
Elite Member

http://NewCovenantWorldOutreach.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pgo Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:54 pm

Watchman, Granted, I do not know much about the morman religion, but that 1st video clip is way beyond what I do know and sounds to bizzare to be what that religion is all about. Just seems to me that would be more spoken of, if this were the whole basis of this religion.

Second vid, making fun of anothers spiritual concepts is not cool. If I recall, it is written somewhere in the bible that Jesus did come that we have life, and have it more abundantly.

Just sayin'...
pgo
pgo
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by watchman42 Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:04 pm

Siaya wrote:Watchman42, God bless you for standing on truth. Not many today desire to know truth. ONLY the Word of God speaks for itself and IF you took the Apostles of God or the SOUND DOCTRINE and stood behind the pulpit of Joel's 40,000 plus church, in ONE month, you might have 2000 left. When you study scripture, you find out, AFTER JESUS preached Kingdom, less and less followed him. Be blessed and thanks for speaking nothing but the Word of God.

Thanks Brother,

People just do not seem to understand what is going on inside these churches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu9k60-GgVk

Thank goodness for this fella is preaching the truth outside Olsteen's Church.

Blessings my friend,

watchman42
watchman42
watchman42
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by watchman42 Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:14 pm

pgo wrote:Watchman, Granted, I do not know much about the morman religion, but that 1st video clip is way beyond what I do know and sounds to bizzare to be what that religion is all about. Just seems to me that would be more spoken of, if this were the whole basis of this religion.

Second vid, making fun of anothers spiritual concepts is not cool. If I recall, it is written somewhere in the bible that Jesus did come that we have life, and have it more abundantly.

Just sayin'...

"Granted, I do not know much about the morman religion", then take the time to learn before criticizing those of us who do.

I am not making fun of anyone here as these decisions have eternal consequences, rather I am presenting the truth to everyone from God's word. This topic is of utmost importance today, because this is how it will be during the time just before the Lord's return. Here again, if you were more aware of what the Bible had to say you would be coming along side and supporting the truth as Brother Siaya has done. This is what the Lord has commanded us to do.

A really good place to start is here:

http://www.gty.org/search/#.TrLZ7WB20sE
watchman42
watchman42
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Siaya Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Thanks Watchman42 for sending the link to the brother in Christ preaching outside Joels church. God bless that man for his boldness to proclaim such truth, while the masses walked by into darkness. I appreciated reading your heart today and knowing YOU KNOW the Word of God, by which ALL men will one day be judged. Praise God for knowing scriptures and living according to God's ways and not our own. If people only knew how much God hated religion and why Jesus NEVER preached on Christianity, man's ways. He preached the Kingdom of God in power. Be blessed.

Jesus IS Lord! Jesus said, Marvel not that I said you MUST be Born Again--Jn.3;3-8
Siaya
Siaya
Elite Member
Elite Member

http://NewCovenantWorldOutreach.com

Back to top Go down

Post by watchman42 Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:56 pm

Siaya wrote:Thanks Watchman42 for sending the link to the brother in Christ preaching outside Joels church. God bless that man for his boldness to proclaim such truth, while the masses walked by into darkness. I appreciated reading your heart today and knowing YOU KNOW the Word of God, by which ALL men will one day be judged. Praise God for knowing scriptures and living according to God's ways and not our own. If people only knew how much God hated religion and why Jesus NEVER preached on Christianity, man's ways. He preached the Kingdom of God in power. Be blessed.

Amen !!!
watchman42
watchman42
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:11 pm

I feel blessed to be in the presence of so many fine Christians. . . Thanks for the posts, they are very uplifting!

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum