Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23

Go down

"STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23 Empty "STATUS OF RV" BY DINAR IRAQ AND DONG VIETNAM UPDATE 3/30/23

Post by Ssmith Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:15 pm

ASEAN Countries Finance Ministers & Central Banks Dropping US Dollar From Financial Transactions

An official meeting of all ASEAN Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors kicked off on Tuesday (March 28) in Indonesia. 
Top of the agenda are discussions to phase out the use of the US Dollar, Euro, Yen, and British Pound from financial transactions and move to settlements in local currencies.

The meeting discussed efforts to reduce dependence on major currencies through the Local Currency Transaction (LCT) scheme. 
This is an extension of the previous Local Currency Settlement (LCS) scheme that has already begun to be implemented between ASEAN members.
This means that an ASEAN cross-border digital payment system would be expanded further and allow ASEAN states to use local currencies for trade. 
An agreement on such cooperation was reached between Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, and Thailand in November 2022. 
This follows from Indonesia’s banking regulator, stating on March 27 that the Bank of Indonesia is preparing to phase out Visa and Mastercard while introducing its own domestic payment system.

Indonesian President Joko Widodo has urged regional administrations to start using credit cards issued by local banks and gradually stop using foreign payment systems. 
He argued that Indonesia needed to shield itself from geopolitical disruptions, citing the sanctions targeting Russia’s financial sector from the US, EU, and their allies over the conflict in Ukraine.

Moving away from Western payment systems is necessary to protect transactions from “possible geopolitical repercussions,” Widodo said.
Dodit Proboyakti, a board member of the Indonesian Credit Cards Association (AKKI), has reported in Russian media that Indonesia would apply the experience of Russia and its MIR payment system in promoting its own domestic financial network.

Of the ASEAN nations, just Singapore has enforced sanctions on Russia, while all other ASEAN nations continue to trade with the country. 
There has been alarm at being caught up in US-led secondary sanctions, as are short to impact Central and South Asia countries involved in cotton manufacturing, a major industry in the region employing millions of people.

A decision by ASEAN to disengage from the West’s currencies and especially the US dollar and Japanese Yen will put pressure on Tokyo especially as where its future trade alignments are – with the United States, or with Asia.

Foreign investors in Asia may wish to consider the amount of US dollars, Euros and Yen held in their accounts in light of a pending ASEAN currency trade decision. 
Professional discussions should be taken regarding any movement of company funds to alternative currencies.

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum