Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms

Go down

The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms Empty The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms

Post by claud39 Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:11 am

The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms

07/06/2021

The International Energy Agency: The solution to the Iraqi electricity crisis lies in the introduction of long-term reforms 28088

Economy News - Baghdad

The International Energy Agency, in a commentary on the electric power crisis in Iraq, stated that the electricity sector must include in its plans long-term reforms and solutions in order to reduce the crisis of continuous power generation outages.

The past few days have witnessed power outages that pervaded large areas of Iraq amid rising temperatures that affected millions of Iraqis, including the people of the capital, Baghdad, and the southern cities and governorates. The Ministry of Electricity said that the power stations generated about 4,000 megawatts on Friday, which is less than the generation rates of between 12,000 and 17,000 megawatts. And escalated generation in the middle of the day to 8,000 megawatts.

Ali Al-Saffar, director of the Middle East and North Africa Program at the International Energy Agency, said in an interview with The National news website, "The Iraqi electricity problem requires the development of a short, medium and long-term plan. However, successive governments have tended to the option of short-term reforms. But if We did not want to reach a system of continuous and stable generation of electric power, but this could not be achieved with short-term plans only. The three stages are required and will be logical in solving the crisis one after the other."

Al-Saffar added, "What we are witnessing today is a situation in which the generating station is virtually collapsed, and this becomes clear when the generation rates fluctuate up and down, and in the end the system stops."

Electrical outages can occur when the electricity network is operating at its maximum capacity, or due to failures in the transmission and distribution network. High temperatures can also play a role in these stops.

Al-Saffar said, "The temperatures are very high, and this can cause problems. On the other hand, Iraq's imports of gas and electric power have shrunk a lot."

After years of war and economic decline, Iraq needs investments in all its industrial sectors, but power generation is particularly sensitive. As power plants in the aging countries generate few hours of electricity per day, these chronic power cuts were a major cause of anti-government protests that began in October 2019.

The international energy official went on to say, "Regardless of what Iraq has invested over the past ten years, there is a growing gap between the rate of supply and the volume of demand, and when there is a gap between the amount of electricity supply and the volume of demand for it, this demand cannot be met, and this is what causes interruptions in power generation." .

Al-Saffar said that there must be a rush to make investments in the fields of energy transmission and distribution, and the maintenance of stations and generators, so that the country can avoid a loss of equipment.

Iraq can generate 20,000 megawatts, but the actual generation capacity, which is affected by technical waste, security and maintenance problems, is estimated to be between 12,000 to 17,000 megawatts during the summer months.

The official in the Energy Agency says that Iraq has the potential to confront this problem. He adds that Iraq is among the most countries in the world that burn associated natural gas. He pointed out that it burns sufficient quantities of gas to meet its energy needs.

Al-Saffar says, "We know that Iraq depends on imports. It burns large quantities of gas. In fact, it burns quantities of gas in Basra equivalent to the quantities it imports, and if Iraq is able to manufacture and collect this gas, it will no longer depend on imports."

However, the problem is not only technical, but also has a security aspect. The country has recently witnessed a wave of sabotage attacks targeting power transmission towers carried out by unknown groups.

Al-Saffar said, "There is a targeting campaign by armed groups to strike the transmission and distribution networks and power stations. It seems that there are systematic attempts to strike the electricity system in this heat, with the aim of angering people." Last Thursday, a 400 kV transmission line between Kirkuk and Qayyarah was sabotaged. And sabotaging another line on the same day in Salah al-Din with a capacity of 132 kV.

Al-Saffar added that if the new government that will emerge from the October elections sets the electricity problem as a priority in its government program, then the electricity problems can be solved. Noting that the government of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi has pledged to bring the private sector and global investors to the country.

Last week, Masdar, the UAE company, said it would develop new solar energy projects in Iraq. And signed an agreement with the Iraqi National Investment Authority to develop photovoltaic projects with a minimum production capacity of 2 gigawatts.

"It's a lot of energy," Al-Saffar said.

Translation: run

https://economy-news.net/content.php?id=25620
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum