Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE

5 posters

Go down

Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  Empty Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE

Post by peter3 Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:53 am

Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE Spent almost 3 hours with IRS today and here in a nutshell what they told me, coming from their Law Dept on Currency. Currency is not considered an investment. It is NOT a Capital Gain because it is not the sale of anything. Currency Exchange is treated as an exchange and not the sale of an asset. You would have to pay taxes on currency if purchased through an exchange such as the Forex, but currency is not treated like a bond, stock etc. the only way you could be taxed on currency is if congress passes a NEW LAW to collect taxes on this event. This was told to me by an IRS Law Dept Lawyer. I would like someone out there to show me proof or where in the IRS Tax Code where Currency is considered a capital gain. The IRS sure as heck could not show me or tell me that it was. Where is everyone getting this information that currency is a capital gain? I think this is made up just like a lot of the other
information on these \
peter3
peter3
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  Empty Re: Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:00 am

Pub 525 pg 33 mid col

Foreign currency transactions. If you have
a gain on a personal foreign currency transac-
tion because of changes in exchange rates,
you do not have to include that gain in your
income unless it is more than $200. If the gain
is more than $200, report it as a capital gain

Back to top Go down

Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  Empty Re: Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE

Post by gwp1616 Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:03 am

[/quote]

§ 988. Treatment of certain foreign currency transactions

(a) General rule
Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter—
(1) Treatment as ordinary income or loss
(A) In general
Except as otherwise provided in this section, any foreign currency gain or loss attributable to a section 988 transaction shall be computed separately and treated as ordinary income or loss (as the case may be).

gwp1616

Back to top Go down

Post by debneureka Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:10 am

This makes sense--so we must get advice for a tax attorney. Hope they will know what the truth is!

debneureka

Back to top Go down

Post by Mountainman Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:26 am

Randy Kouce from Currency Chatter informed us that he has a ruling from the IRS concerning the dinar. This ruling cost him $1500.00. He told us that he has a signed ruling and that once the dinar RV's that he would post his copy. He said that we could print off a copy and take it to our tax man and then they would know how to go about obtaining a similar ruling.

This ruling states that he will be paying a flat 15%. Randy stated that he will glue it to his butt so if the IRS tries to do something else with him he will have it to present. By having a copy of what has already been ruled on for one should make it less costly for us. He thought that it might cost us $1000.00 but 15% flat would be awesome.

It seems everyone has an opinion how the IRS will rule. In the past I've received different rulings dealing with different IRS agents. That alone tells us that they can't keep up with their constant changes.

Mountainman

Back to top Go down

Subject: DINAR INFO FROM VERY GOOD SOURCE  Empty IRS- Foreign Currency Profits = Cap-Gains Tax

Post by starship1 Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Listed below is a posting that was at DV back in March. I made a copy of it so I could refere back to it and I called myself, talked to Mr. Kirk back in April and received the same info. It can be found in IRS Pub 525 - a short blurb about foreign currency profits exceeding $200 is taxed under Cap-Gains. Not my words - but the IRS, so I am going by the PUB 525 - not some IRS Lawyer that seems to be grossly under-informed.

A Call to the IRS 03/14/2011 posted by Trac

I called the IRS yesterday with a couple of questions.

After spending approximately 15-20 minutes on hold I got to talk to a Mr. Kirk ID# 5906613. When you call 1-800-829-1040 you should ask for the Complex Individual Issues.

I spent approximately 30-40 minutes with Mr. Kirk, a very nice man of which answered my question very well.

1. The first question of number one on most of our lists which concerned just how are we to be taxed on our currency transaction. He mentioned (2) publication that he would be using to answer this question. Pub 525 and Pub 550. His first question to me was did I purchase the foreign currency using a futures contract and then also mentioned 1256 contracts. I said no contracts. I then went on to explain exactly how I purchased my foreign currency, that it was sent to me from a foreign currency dealer here in the United States via Federal Express and I paid for it using a money order. He said if my gains were less than $200 then I would not owe any taxes. I said it will be over $200 gain. He then said you will be taxed as capital gains. I asked him what the tax rate would be ? He asked me when did I purchase the currency and I told him. In my case I have held my currency for well over a year. I told him I had been told that it could possibly be regular income ? His reply was no - Capital Gains. I asked him what publication and paragraph would I use ? He lead me to Pub 525 on the internet and page 33 of that publication then had me find Foreign Currency Transactions.

I asked him so what is that Pub 550 you had mentioned ? He said that is if you purchased your currency using a futures contract. I said I did not do anything like that. He said then you will file this transaction on Schedule D - Capital Gains and Losses.

Note: I did mention what about a getting a certified letter of opinion ? He said the cost of those start at around $1000.00 - there is no need for you to have anything like that. This currency transaction you have made is simply Capital Gains.

2. My second question was on the gifting. I stated out with gifting US currency and tried to get information about the lifetime gifting increase. The $5,000,000 lifetime gifting does not come into play the way it was previously explained to me. If you wish to gift US currency either keep it under the $13,000 gift exclusion. If you gift over the $13,000 exclusion the amount over the exclusion will be deducted from your lifetime gifting of $1,000,000. The $5,000,000 does not come into play at all with this gifting even though it is included in your estate lifetime your lifetime gifting exclusion over and above the $13,000 exclusion is still $1,000,000. I used the example that if I gifted one of my childrean $15,000 how will I be taxed on it if I have not used any of my lifetime gifting. He said I would file on the $15,000 gift - then subtract the $13,000 exclusion and the $2000.00 would be deducted from my $1,000,000 lifetime exclusion. Once I have exceeded my $1,000,000 total lifetime exclusion I would have to pay gifting tax of approximately 35% for any amount gifted from that time on that was over the $13,000 gift exclusion. So I asked him when my lifetime exclusion is used up I can still gift the $13,000 per year per person without having to pay any gifting tax ? He said that is correct. But if in a years time you gift to any one person over the $13,000 exclusion you will owe a gift tax on the amount that exceeds the $13,000.

3. My third question was at what amount does the recipient of the gift has to pay any taxes on the money they receive as a gift. He was a bit of a comedian and said they would enter that amount on there tax return where they enter their Christmas gifts. I am a little slow sometimes but did not take me long - and I said so they never have to file the gift on their tax return regardless of what the amount is ? He said that is correct.

4. My fourth question was if I gift the foreign currency to my children and I will use the example of : At the time I gift the foreign currency to my children it is worth $100 but when they sell it how will they be taxed on it ? He said capital gains. So I said do I give them some kind of letter or what to show when I gave it to them and how much I paid for it. He said yes they will need a paper trail of where the money came from and what the basis was on it. I said do I need to have this notorized ? He said no - and followed with the question - Is your tax return notorized. I said no. He said the paper trail does not need to be notorized either. So I gave him another example : If I wrote a letter stating the amount of the foreign currency - the price I paid for the currency and the date that I gifted the foreign currency and attached the receipt of my purchase of the foreign currency to show I actually gave them the gift after my proof of purchase date, would that be sufficient ? He said that would be fine. I said so what tax rate would they have to pay ? He said it would depend on how long they actually held the foreign currency.

Well I thanked him sincerely for his time and information and we said goodbye.

Take this for what it is worth to you. I don't care to debate this with anyone. I am only trying to pass on my actual experience with the IRS that I had today.

If you call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 you should ask for the Complex Individual Issues.

I believe why some are getting conflicting answers from the IRS is because they are all calling different departments and the people are experts only on those particular issues.

5- I have heard so many conflicting stories as to how we will be taxed on this investment. I finally decided to call the IRS myself. And you can do this too just for peace of mind if nothing else.

When you call 1-800-829-1040 you should ask for the Complex Individual Issues.

If you do get any other answers other than what I was told please mention this publication 525 and in that page 33. Foreign Currency Transactions
1. http://www.irs.gov/p...rs-pdf/p525.pdf

Page 33 Foreign Currency Transactions

Then you will use the Schedule D Tax Worksheet located in the Instructions for Scheduled D.

http://www.irs.gov/p...pdf/i1040sd.pdf

We will still owe whatever state tax we have on this investment too but still this is far better than paying our regular income tax rate, especially if you have been holding your dinar for more than a year.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/58679-gifting-of-dinar/#ixzz1GiGTDGbE

starship1

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum