Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India

Go down

U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India Empty U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India

Post by lexie Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:31 am

Oct 7, 2011

U.S. affluent classes dwarf China and India

LONDON (Reuters) - The United States has 10 times more affluent households than China or India, research shows, undermining arguments the global economy can be sustained by consumption in emerging markets.

A survey of affluent households around the world -- defined as having wealth of more than $100,000 -- by research firm TNS found 80 percent of such people live in Western countries.

While the number of affluent households in China and India is 3 million each, the U.S. has more than 31 million, the survey shows.

The results challenge hopes that the boom economies of Asia can supplant an ailing U.S. as the world's consumer of last resort, and keep global growth ticking over.

Reg van Steen, a director of business and finance at TNS, said researchers had to drop the wealth threshold to $40,000 for Brazil to make it possible to find a large-enough sample.

"What really surprises is China has surpassed Germany, France and the UK when it comes to the number of affluent. (But) it will take some time before we really see a shift from West to East," he said.

The number of households with more than $100,000 in liquid assets stands at 2.9 million in the UK, 2.5 million in Germany and 2.7 million in France, the survey of 12,000 people in 24 countries found.

The study also highlights the tiny proportion of overall population taken up by the affluent middle classes in China and India compared with developed countries.

The incidence of affluence in the U.S. is 27 percent, the study shows, 20 percent in Canada and 11 percent in the UK, while the proportion in China is 0.75 percent. India's affluent make up 1.25 percent of the country's population.

A global study of wealth published this year by Merrill Lynch and global consulting firm Capgemini found China has the world's fourth-largest population of millionaires.

However, the top three -- the U.S., Japan and Germany -- account for more than half of the world's millionaires.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/07/us-globalaffluence-idUSTRE79621720111007

"WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE"
lexie
lexie
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum