Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions

2 posters

Go down

FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions Empty FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions

Post by bohmer Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Financial Institution Letters

Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions

Printable Format: FIL-55-2011 - PDF (PDF Help)

Summary: The FDIC is issuing a final rule that imposes requirements on insured depository institutions (IDIs) supervised by the FDIC that engage in certain retail foreign currency transactions with retail customers. The rule is being issued pursuant to section 742(c)(2) of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, and will take effect July 15, 2011.

Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets under $1 Billion: The FDIC believes no FDIC-supervised banks in this size category are affected by the final rule. The rule does not cover traditional spot and forward contracts; therefore, only institutions planning to engage in foreign currency futures, options, or rolling spot contracts would be affected.

Highlights:

The final rule applies to foreign currency futures, options on futures, and options as these terms are used in the Commodity Exchange Act. The rule would also apply to transactions that are "functionally or economically similar" to futures and options, such as "rolling spot" trades. Under the rule:

FDIC-supervised IDIs entering into trades covered by the rule would be subject to requirements in six areas: disclosure, recordkeeping, capital and margin, reporting, business conduct, and documentation. The requirements focus on safety and soundness and consumer protection. Traditional spot and forward contracts would not be covered by this rule. The rule would only apply to covered transactions with a retail customer. For purposes of the rule, a retail customer may include certain small businesses. It may also include an individual with $10 million or less invested on a discretionary basis and who is not using the trades to reduce risks associated with other investments. FDIC-supervised IDIs engaged in or that wish to engage in transactions covered by the rule would be required to submit a detailed business plan, demonstrate board approval of the activity, and obtain written approval from the FDIC to provide such products, among other requirements. FDIC-supervised IDIs engaged in this or any sales or marketing of any investment products should continue to meet the expectations set out in the 1994 Interagency Statement on Retail Sales of Nondeposit Investment Products to the extent such expectations do not conflict with the requirements of the final rule. See FIL-9-94 (February 17, 1994).

Distribution: FDIC-Supervised Banks (Commercial and Savings)

http://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2011/fil11055.html
bohmer
bohmer

Back to top Go down

FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions Empty Just Sharing

Post by bohmer Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Found this on another site and posted here with the link for all to see. Just more confirmation regarding the preparations that are in play regarding the SOON RV of the IQD.
bohmer
bohmer

Back to top Go down

FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions Empty Re: FDIC Retail Foreign Exchange Transactions

Post by 1alaskan Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Folks,

I don't see anything in this news piece that will effect the RV or our cashin. Reason are as follows,

"Statement of Applicability to Institutions with Total Assets under $1 Billion" I can't think of a bank with under a billion in assects we would be dealing with at cashin.

"The rule does not cover traditional spot and forward contracts; therefore, only institutions planning to engage in foreign currency futures, options, or rolling spot contracts would be affected, The final rule applies to foreign currency futures, options on futures, and options as these terms are used in the Commodity Exchange Act. The rule would also apply to transactions that are "functionally or economically similar" to futures and options, such as "rolling spot" trades. Under the rule"
Most of us have hard currency, for the ones with reserves, pay for them, take delivery, cash them in. I don't think we are in any catagory list in the piece,

JMHO
Now is better
North of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum