Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!!

Go down

TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!! Empty TWO MORE U.S.TROOPS DIE IN BAGDAD !!!!

Post by darjohn Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:45 am

Two more US troops die in Iraq, after deadly June
4 hours ago

BAGHDAD — Two American soldiers have been killed in central Iraq, the military said on Friday, reporting the first fatalities since June, the deadliest month for American forces in the country for three years.

The deaths came as the top US military officer, Admiral Mike Mullen, confirmed Washington is negotiating to keep some troops in Iraq beyond a scheduled year-end pullout, and accused Iran of direct support for extremists he said were killing the soldiers.

"Two US service members were killed Thursday while conducting operations in central Iraq," said a brief statement by the military, which did not mention how or where they had died.

In June, 14 American soldiers were killed in Iraq, most of theme in rocket attacks, making it the deadliest month since June 2008 when there were 23 fatalities.

Thursday's deaths raise the full number of American military fatalities in Iraq since the 2003 US-led invasion to 4,471, according to an AFP count based on the website www.icasualties.org.

About 46,000 US soldiers remain in Iraq, down from a high of 170,000 since the invasion, which toppled dictator Saddam Hussein.

All are due to pull out by the end of this year according to a 2008 pact, but Admiral Mullen said on Thursday that Washington and Baghdad are negotiating to keep some US forces in the country beyond the December 31 deadline.

"The negotiations are ongoing and it's hard," Mullen told reporters at a Pentagon Press Association luncheon.

His comments marked the first high-level confirmation from the US military that talks were underway on the politically charged subject, which faces some stiff opposition in Iraq.

Mullen said the discussions were addressing both the size of a possible US military mission as well as the capabilities that Iraqi forces lacked.

He would not speculate on the optimum number of troops that should remain, but said: "It's what the Iraqi government and really the Iraqi people say is acceptable to them to provide for their own security."

The US military chief also accused neighbouring Iran of directly supporting and supplying more lethal weapons to Shiite militants in Iraq who were killing US soldiers.

"Iran is very directly supporting extremist troops which are killing our troops," Mullen said.

Iran has issued recent denials in response to US accusations it was smuggling weapons to insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan.

darjohn
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum