Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it

4 posters

Go down

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it Empty The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it

Post by Ssmith Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:13 pm

The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2e45b9cb32fc60f1db234858eca978ce?s=34&d=mm

Republish
Reprint

Adrian Humphreys | January 1, 2016 11:51 AM ET
More from Adrian Humphreys | @AD_Humphreys

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 16c-bridge
Tyler Brownbridge / The Windsor Star filesBorder agents and RCMP officers at the busy Ambassador Bridge linking Detroit to Windsor counted and photographed more than eight billion Iraqi dinars, at the time worth about $7.4 million.

At the busy Ambassador Bridge linking Detroit to Windsor, the continent’s most heavily travelled crossing, a Canadian border agent greeted three men in a GMC Yukon Denali with the usual recital of questions.

Did they have any firearms? Were they bringing in currency worth $10,000 or more?
“No, no, nothing like that,” the driver answered, according to notes made by members of the Canada Border Services Agency. Unconvinced, the agent told him to pull over for a search.

An inspection of the car would turn up two handguns and some ammunition, but when CBSA agent Celine El-Tayar opened the back door on the driver’s side of the SUV, she faced a wall of banker’s boxes. She tugged on one. It was unexpectedly heavy.

Lifting the lid, she saw wads of money.
Box after box — 24 in all — were similarly stuffed with bound wads of currency, each bill featuring the cursive swoops of Arabic lettering.

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 1219_na_smuggling
http://globalcurrencyreset.netBorder agents and RCMP officers counted and photographed more than eight billion Iraqi dinars, at the time worth about $7.4 million.
Over the next several hours, border agents and RCMP officers counted and photographed more than eight billion Iraqi dinars, at the time worth about $7.4 million.

The driver was asked whose money it was.

“It’s complicated,” he replied.

He was right about that. The border stop on Nov. 18, 2012 was just the beginning.
The RCMP seized the cash under the Proceeds of Crime and Terrorist Financing Act, triggering a fight with an oddball cast of characters over where it came from and who gets to keep it. The battle over the dinars involves a private investigator from California, a purported general from Hong Kong, a man who claims to be a judge but isn’t, a fringe religious group and a little-known American charity.

And along with those claims have come threats, suggestions of corruption and conspiracy and no small amount of buffoonery.
—————–
THE MONEY
What would anybody in North America be doing with 24 banker’s boxes stuffed with such an exotic and difficult to deal in currency as Iraqi dinars?

There is a strange, underground allure to Iraqi money, particularly in the United States, where a mélange of conspiracy theory, shaky geopolitical ideas and biblical End Times prophecy fuels a get-rich belief that buying devalued dinars will yield huge profits when Iraq stabilizes and its currency regains value.

Proponents sometimes claim this was the real, secret reason behind the Gulf War — engineered by a cabal of war-profiteering elites — and encourage ordinary folks to get in on the anticipated bonanza. U.S. military personnel who served in Iraq, members of sovereign citizen movements who reject the laws and oversight of the state and fundamentalist Christian groups are among those who have shown particular interest in hoarding dinars.

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it Headshot-john
HandoutJohn Jagerson is a Utah-based financial analyst who has written a book about Iraqi dinar schemes.

The pitch has strong appeal for many Christian believers, said John Jagerson, a Utah-based financial analyst who has written a book about Iraqi dinar schemes. The ancient city of Babylon was in what is now Iraq and the Bible foretells the rise of Babylon preceding the second coming of Jesus Christ. Some think buying dinars will help hasten Christ’s return.

“So it is seen as an opportunity for a windfall wrapped up with spirituality, and invoking the authority of the Bible to show this is a reasonable proposition, when it really isn’t,” said Jagerson.

Most organized dinar sales schemes Jagerson has tracked, he said, are scams.
But that hasn’t stopped a scramble to claim the Canadian border stash.
—————–
THE PRIVATE EYE
As the 8,185,910,250 Iraqi dinars from the SUV were counted, the driver, Jesus Berrios, found himself in a serious pickle. Within minutes, Berrios, 53, of Daly City, Cali., was in handcuffs with his brother Jose and nephew Richard, who were with him in his SUV.

The next morning, the RCMP questioned him.

Berrios, it turned out, was a former police officer, retired from the California Highway Patrol and working as a licensed private investigator.

The story he told the Mounties began four years earlier when he met a man he called “the Overseer” of a religious group known as Jericho Outreach. Berrios described it as an Amish group in Pennsylvania that does international humanitarian work, according to the Mounties’ notes on the interrogation.

The Private Eye joined Jericho Outreach and acted as secretary and a trustee. Then, about a month before the border stop, Jericho Outreach hired Berrios to collect Iraqi dinars from supporters around the U.S., he said.

He trotted about the country collecting the bills from about 1,000 people. His family was among the investors and they helped organize and package the dinars, he said.

After all the money was gathered and sorted, he left his home in California, heading northeast, with his brother and nephew “along for the ride.”

He was to drive to Buffalo, N.Y.,  and call a fixer who would tell him where to take the money, but on his way, Berrios decided to drive into Canada to see Niagara Falls, he told police. He didn’t know he had to declare foreign currency at the border.

The three Berrios men were criminally charged with failing to declare money valued at more than $10,000, on top of eight firearms charges for the two guns and ammunition found in the SUV.

Released on bail, they returned to California, and apparently haven’t been seen this side of the border since. According to Ontario court records, there are warrants for their arrest for allegedly jumping bail and failing to appear in Windsor.
Just because he was unwilling to return to the country, however, didn’t mean the Private Eye was giving up on the dinars.

In February 2013, he had a lawyer write to the CBSA, objecting to the seizure and asking for its return.

The California Highway Patrol confirmed Berrios was an officer in 1984-92. A call to the security firm at which state records last list him as working revealed only he is “no longer with us.” He could not be reached for comment.

—————–
THE GENERAL

The dinars were still in the custody of the Canadian government and Berrios’ claim pending a year after the seizure when the CBSA received a second claim for the money, in the form of a registered letter from a mystery man.

Signing his name “General L.W.R. (Professor),” his opening volley was stern and domineering: a 72-hour “NOTICE OF DEMAND” on the letterhead of ITIG Trust, based in Hong Kong.

“I have initiated an investigation for fraud and my people have located it inside the borders of Canada where it is being detained by the CBSA,” declared the letter, dated Nov. 13, 2013. “Further investigation proves that certain unscrupulous people’s activity, even operating within my own organization, and in conjunction with certain government officials, have conspired together.”

He demanded “immediate release” of “100% of the cash assets” or he would initiate “all necessary International Financial Crimes enforcement and prosecution.”
His full identity remains a mystery. Is he a general? A professor? Both? Neither?
An email request for an interview sent to the address in the General’s “digital signature” on his demand letter was returned as undeliverable.

Neither the General nor the Private Eye would get their wish. On Feb. 24, 2014, the minister of public safety decided neither claimant had provided any legitimate explanation of the origin of the cash, so it would remain the property of the Crown.
In any event, the General’s interest in the dinars appears to have come at the last minute. A “deed of transfer” submitted in court says 8,185,910,250 Iraqi dinars were transferred to his ITIG Trust on the day of the seizure, from an organization called Noahs Ark Foundation.

That deed says it was filed and registered with the “Ecclesiastical Court of Justice, Pennsylvania.”

And that so-called court is the domain of a man named Nathan Joel Peachey.

—————–
THE JUDGE

Nathan Joel Peachey loves high-falutin’ language.

He often uses unusual word arrangements, legalese and odd capitalization, making everyday objects sound like proper nouns. He has a way of making almost any interaction sound like a legal pronouncement.

That’s also a hallmark of the anti-government “sovereign citizens” movements he has pushed in the past.

Peachey, 44, has been a leader in the Republic for the united States of America (RuSA), once the largest “sovereign citizen” group in America.
He starred in a 2010 online video encouraging citizens to opt out of the United States and join this “newly established republic here in America” that is subject to the Bible, the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, rather than the litany of laws and regulations enacted since the Civil War.

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 1219_na_smuggling-1
Credit : Handout Scene from a promotional video by Nathan Peachey uploaded in 2013 in which he pushed a fringe political belief of a 'new constitutional Republic for the United States of America.'

Before RuSA’s self-declared president, James Timothy Turner, was sentenced in 2013 to 18 years in prison for conspiracy to defraud the United States, he named Peachey the “Chief Justice for the one supreme Court.” After Turner’s arrest, it was Peachey who announced the process to select Turner’s replacement, according to multiple websites aligned with the movement.

And it is Peachey who is at the centre of the intrigue over the currency the CBSA seized. He is both “the Overseer” the Private Eye named to the RCMP and the man who authorized the transfer of the dinars to the General. So perhaps it was inevitable he would press his own claim to the eight billion dinars.
If the Private Eye’s letter was a request and the General’s a demand, the Judge’s missive might be described as a threat.

In a March 12, 2014, letter to the Canadian government, Peachey offered three options: “I choose to sit down at an appointed meeting and ‘SHED LIGHT’ on this subject matter and settle this between us like Gentleman (sic),” he wrote; or, he would “take all the investigation findings that we have and file criminal charges” and demand three times the amount of cash seized by CBSA; the third option, he wrote, was “Classified.”

He then filed a motion in the Federal Court of Canada, seeking to force the government to rescind the forfeiture.

In an email exchange with the National Post, Peachey rejected the suggestion there was anything fraudulent about his collection of billions in Iraqi currency.
“This dinar project has nothing to do with the RV (Re-Valuing) Internet scam promotions,” he told the Post.

In court filings, Peachey says Noahs Ark Foundation launched a “one-time special project” called the Dinar Exchange Project in August 2012 among “various friends, relatives, and their friends and relatives and associates.”

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 1219_na_smuggling-1_edited-1
HandoutAmong the cast of characters involved in the Iraqi cash seizure case is Tamarau Ngawhaka Kapinga O Te Rangi Puna, a New Zealander known as Tama Puna, who allegedly was to make the border crossing arrangements, seen here on his passport.

Participants transferred Iraqi dinars to one of seven trustees who assigned the money to Jericho Outreach, who in turn assigned it to Noahs Ark for exchange with ITIG.

Berrios, the private eye, was to transport, guard and deposit the dinars — and Peachey submitted a document saying Berrios was selected “by virtue of divine appointment.”

The money, Peachey said, was to be deposited in the Bank of Nova Scotia in Canada or at an institution in New York, all above board. He blames the border trouble on a conspiracy.

In court filings, both Peachey and Berrios claimed a fixer from New Zealand named Tamarau Ngawhaka Kapinga O Te Rangi Puna had told them border clearances and arrangements for the cash had been made ahead of time — a deviation from Berrios’s story to the RCMP.

Berrios was told to “take your guns along,” triggering the border stop, the filings claim.

The Post could not reach Puna for comment. Peachey wants to subpoena him to testify.

Assuming, of course, Peachey ever gets a full hearing in court.

—————–
THE COURT BATTLE

Peachey’s legal battle against the Canadian government has been unconventional.
He previously introduced himself as a “judge and a private international common-law lawyer.” He told the government he has “full attorney-in-fact powers” — a clever notation because he is not an attorney in any usual sense.

He later agreed he has no accreditation from any recognized law school or appointment by any recognized government as a judge, according to court filings.
Instead, he said, he is an “ecclesiastical judge.”

The federal court ordered him to hire a real lawyer. Peachey objected, offering an “affidavit of legal ability.”

“I am adequately knowledgeable of the Holy Bible (King James authorized version), Magna Carta 1215, Act of Settlement 1701, Paris Peace Treaty 1763, Law of Nations 1758, Canadian Bill of Rights 1960, Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms 1982,” as well as other acts, he wrote in the affidavit.

“The common law of nature and of nature’s God is the divine law-form of which all sovereigns therewith are bound to adjudicate their differences. No higher law exists.”

He also sought to subpoena Eric Holder, at the time the U.S. attorney general, and John Gerretsen, Ontario’s then-attorney general.

Peachey asked the court to keep some court filings confidential from government lawyers. He alleged the seizure was not a chance border stop, but rather a “staged seizure” by the CBSA and RCMP in a “conspiracy to fraud.”

He expressed similar concerns about privacy to the National Post.

“The free press is not a ticket or license to publish incorrect and untruthful facts and information that is under strict contractual confidentiality non-disclosure agreement,” he said in an email.

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 1219_na_smuggling-2
HandoutPeachey’s legal battle against the Canadian government has been unconventional.

He discouraged open reporting on the case.

“Do not publish or print your article on this Canada Dinar issue without my approval first on any or all of the facts that they are true and correct,” he demanded, after offering to write an article for the Post.

Peachey has filed unorthodox documents in court showing he authorized himself to have power over each of the organizations involved in the dinar claims: Jericho Outreach, ITIG and Noahs Ark Foundation.

In fact, according to U.S. business records, Peachey’s name is associated with 17 registered companies in Mifflinburg, Pa., a borough of 1.8 square miles and a population of fewer than 4,000. Many have biblical names akin to Noahs Ark and Jericho Outreach, including House of David Foundation, House of James Foundation and In The Word Foundation.

“No explanation is given as to what any of these entities have to do with the issues in dispute,” writes prothonotary Kevin Aalto, the court’s judicial official managing the case, about the deed of transfer entered into court records.

I doubt there is a bank in Iraq that would be willing to give up dollars in return for so much local currency

“The legal status of the applicants is unclear and there is no evidence before the court that they are subsisting entities in law in Pennsylvania or elsewhere.”

The court is still waiting to hear if Peachey has hired a lawyer to further his claims.
In the meantime, the RCMP continues to hold on to the 24 boxes of dinars as evidence until the criminal case against Berrios and his kin can resume in Windsor — which will not be until they return to Canada.

Jagerson, though, is left wondering: Why are people still fighting so hard for the boxes of dinars?

The dinars may be worth millions according to the official exchange rate, but Jagerson believes they are in reality worth very little — because that much Iraqi currency can’t be exchanged on the open foreign currency exchange.

“I doubt there is a bank in Iraq that would be willing to give up dollars in return for so much local currency,” he said.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/the-tale-of-a-mysterious-mound-of-iraqi-cash-seized-at-the-border-and-the-oddball-cast-thats-fighting-for-it
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it Empty Re: The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:20 pm

Wow ... that's all I can say ... Wow! eys picking Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2322496710 eys picking Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2322496710 eys picking Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2322496710 eys picking Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2322496710 eys picking Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2322496710 eys picking Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2322496710 eys picking Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2322496710 eys picking Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2322496710 eys picking Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2322496710 eys picking Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2322496710

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2805820865  Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2805820865  Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2805820865  Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it Empty Re: The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it

Post by Ssmith Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:00 pm

Wonder whatever happened.

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by claud39 Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:08 pm

Ssmith wrote:Wonder whatever happened.

Without insulting you, I asked myself the following question, I believe that the members of your forum expect you, and the other directors, but I speak mostly about you that members expect to have news the Iraqi news, the political, economic, and international, their daily lives today with their stakes in the reality of Iraq today, as I often mention is real news, instead of just sending you news about the gurus to lynch them on the public square, or insulting the world on the forum that does not think like you, I asked myself the following question: what element positive that you bring to the forum and to your members except that the negative, and the news of gurus that means nothing in what is happening in Iraq, it's just a question, a chance that I read from my own my own new, otherwise I will not learn much from e what is happening in iraq, and especially with the appointment of the representative of iraq who is currently united, especially by following you in what you post on the forum !!!

I wish you a good day, from my side I will return to follow the news about Iraq which is much more interesting than reading your post !!!
You see everyone has to see life, I look at the positive side and I do not insult anyone, since I rarely give my opinion, and by dint of reading your commentary I see that you look at the negative side is each one his choice of life !!

Good day to all members of the forum, and I wish you to have an overview on iraq by following your own news !!

Claud (Moose)
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by claud39 Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:22 pm

For your forum members, I'm going to put 2 to 3 news stories today, your members deserve that right?

Claud  (Moose)

https://www.almaalomah.com/2019/03/30/397010/

The President of the Republic meets the King of Jordan on the sidelines of the Arab Summit in Tunis
30/03/2019

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 56393155_427309831337185_4565051027304218624_n-696x463

Information / follow up
President Barham Saleh met Jordan's King Abdullah II on the sidelines of the Arab summit in Tunis.
"President Barham Saleh met with the king of Jordan on the sidelines of the Arab summit in Tunis," a brief statement issued by his office said.
"The two sides discussed various issues of common concern concerning bilateral cooperation between the two countries," he said. End 25 n

https://www.amf.org.ae/ar/content/%D8%B5%D9%86%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%82%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A-%D9%8A%D8%A4%D9%83%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B2%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%88%D8%AD%D8%B1%D8%B5-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B5%D8%A7%D8%B1%D9%81-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%B2%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%89-%D8%AA%D9%88%D9%81%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%B5%D8%A9-%D8%A5%D9%82%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%84%D9%85%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%B5%D8%A9

THE ARAB MONETARY FUND CONFIRMS THE COMMITMENT AND KEENNESS OF ARAB CENTRAL BANKS TO PROVIDE A REGIONAL PLATFORM FOR CLEARING AND SETTLING ARAB PAYMENTS

2019-03-29

The Role of Cross-Border Payments in Fostering Regional Financial Integration

The conference brought together a number of experts from the financial sector and raised the debate on regional and global developments in the field of cross-border payment and settlement systems

Al Mansoori affirms UAE support for Arab clearing project for its prominent role in promoting economic and financial integration between Arab countries and strengthening trade and investment relations with economic partners

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, March 29, 2019: The High-Level Conference on "The Role of Cross-Border Payment Arrangements in Enhancing Regional Financial Integration", organized by the Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), concluded on 27 and 28 March 2019 at the Intercontinental Hotel in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates United Nations. The conference, which was held in partnership with the German Development Agency, was attended by more than 300 experts in financial services and payment systems from around the world. 
As well as senior officials from the ministries of finance and economy and central banks and concerned from commercial banks and financial institutions and bodies involved in the technology sector and financial technology companies from the Arab region and beyond. During which the speakers discussed the most important challenges facing regional and global cross-border payment and settlement systems, as well as proposed solutions. The discussion also addressed a number of related issues and themes, such as the future and role of regional payment systems, the trends of the payment services industry, recent developments and innovations, and the role of modern payment systems in enhancing the efficiency and integrity of financial transactions.
The conference addressed the challenges facing cross-border payment transactions and the opportunities to benefit from the latest developments and technologies to provide radical solutions to these challenges to meet the needs of the market. In this context, the Arab Monetary Fund presented during the conference the draft regional system for clearing and settling Arab payments as an important center for enhancing the efficiency of cross-border financial and investment transactions not only between Arab countries but also between the Arab countries and the main trading partners of the Arab world.
In this context, His Excellency Dr. Abdulrahman Al-Humaidi, Director General of the Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), in his opening speech, referred to the rapid developments in modern technologies and their increasing use in the financial sector and the corresponding growth and acceptance of demand by customers and small and medium enterprises for immediate and digital payment services. And an integrated low-cost chain that meets their needs. Dr. Al-Humaidi expressed the importance of keeping the payments industry in line with the latest trends in the field of technology in order to benefit from them and reduce the risks associated with them which may affect the integrity and integrity of financial transactions. "It is important to encourage and stimulate innovation in an organized environment that can enhance financial stability as well as the overall efficiency of the banking industry and financial markets."
"The payment platform developed by the Fund in cooperation with central banks and the Arab monetary institutions aims to provide safe, fast and low-cost arrangements that contribute to the development of the payment industry today," Dr. Al-Humaidi said. "This platform will stimulate business and investment in the Arab region." "The fund is working hard to launch the platform as soon as possible and will soon announce the date of the first operation through the system."
In a speech to the Governor of the Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates, Mubarak Rashid Al Mansoori, Al Mansouri pointed to the importance of the regional system for clearing and settling Arab payments, which aims to facilitate the implementation of intra-Arab transactions. The Governor also stressed the UAE's keenness to ensure the success of the project, noting the prominent role of the system in intensifying opportunities for strengthening trade and investment relations with all economic partners of the Arab region.  
Participants stressed that, as risks increased, compliance requirements in the financial sector increased, especially in the area of ​​AML / CFT and the examination of penalties. In this context, IFAD emphasized the role of the platform in enhancing compliance by the Arab financial sector with international and regional AML / CFT requirements and penalties.
Speakers discussed the importance of countering cyber threats, in conjunction with increased threats and risks to financial institutions and financial stability. It was noted that the protection of financial market infrastructure has become necessary with the increasing use of electronic devices, which exceeded 50 billion in recent years.
A session was also held to discuss the changing role of technology in regulation. The discussion focused on the use of technologies as a tool for regional and international integration and compliance with international standards and requirements, as well as the positive effects of technologies on financial infrastructure.
The speakers also discussed the means available to Arab financial institutions to include financially marginalized groups in the banking system, and the most appropriate ways to enhance financial coverage in the Arab region and the role of the Arab clearing system in this regard.
The participants agreed that the discussions that took place during the conference would pave the way for further cooperation in the regional payments industry, in order to enhance the process of Arab regional financial integration and economic growth and stability. 
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by claud39 Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:32 pm

That's what your members want to see as news, news of today, and the reality of Iraq, and I could put you news one behind the other, and you see that I look at the news, and the reality of the Iraqi people, not negative comments, and gurus who say nonsense at the long day, good day to you !!!

Claud (Moose)

http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=188020

Foreign relations: the visit of the President of the Parliament of Washington successful and discussed the need for the survival of the international coalition in Iraq

30-03-2019

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it Image

Baghdad

A member of the Foreign Relations Committee, Rihan Hanna Ayoub, confirmed Saturday that the visit of a delegation led by the Speaker of the Parliament to the United States of America was very successful, indicating that the focus of important files in all meetings with US leaders.

Ayoub, a member of the Iraqi delegation headed by Speaker of the House of Representatives Mohammad Halaboussi, who is in Washington, said that "bilateral relations between Baghdad and Washington were discussed, and files of common concern." The two countries in all fields. "

She added that "the files discussed are efforts to eliminate terrorism and combat extremist ideology and eliminate the sources of funding, and the continuation of the international coalition led by the United States to provide security and intelligence support for Iraq."

Ayoub said that "the discussion of activating the investment file in several areas, and supporting the Iraqi government to provide services to citizens and provide employment opportunities," noting that "was discussed the need for international coalition forces in Iraq, especially the current stage."

"The return of the displaced and securing the liberated areas, as well as discussing the situation of the minorities and the need to return to their areas, and provide the necessary means for their stability were among the files strongly in all meetings with leaders in Washington."

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=40453

[size=36]Iraq and America underscore the importance of cooperation in the economic and investment fields[/size]

30/03/2019

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 143032019_9c44bc8e-2e98-433f-a113-32df2c641588

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - US 
House of Representatives Speaker Mohamed Halabousi and US Deputy Secretary of State John Silvan on Sunday stressed the importance of cooperation between Baghdad and Washington in the economic and investment fields, reconstruction and support for the Iraqi government. 
The Information Office of the Speaker of the House of Representatives, in a statement received / Mawazine News / copy, that "Halbusi, met with US Deputy Secretary of State John Silvan," noting that "the meeting discussed a number of issues of common interest, and strengthen the relations and development of the two friendly countries, various fields". 
"The meeting discussed the strategic partnership between the United States and Iraq, the continuation of efforts in the fight against terrorism and extremist ideology and the defeat of a final advocate, and emphasize the importance of commitment to the sovereignty and security and prosperity of Iraq away from threats.
The two sides stressed the importance of cooperation between Baghdad and Washington in the economic and investment fields, reconstruction and support of the Iraqi government to provide services to citizens and provide jobs through the actual contribution of US companies in the reconstruction projects of infrastructure and services for all Iraqi cities.
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:45 pm

Date: 20151019

Docket: T-761-14
Citation: 2015 FC 1183
Ottawa, Ontario, October 19, 2015
PRESENT:   The Honourable Mr. Justice LeBlanc

BETWEEN:
NOAHS ARK FOUNDATION
AND ITIG TRUST
AND NATHAN JOEL PEACHEY SECRETARY
Applicants
and
HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN (CROWN)
MINISTRY OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
ROYAL CANADIAN MOUNTED POLICE
JESUS BERRIOS, JOSE BERRIOS,
AND RICHARD BERRIOS
Respondents
ORDER AND REASONS

I.                  Introduction
[1]               The Applicant, Mr. Nathan Joel Peachey (Mr. Peachey), in his alleged capacity as Secretary for the Applicants Noahs Ark Foundation (Noahs Ark) and ITIG Trust (ITIG), seeks an order to set aside the Order of Prothonotary Kevin Aalto, dated April 30, 2014, pursuant to Rule 399 of the Federal Court Rules, SOR/98-106 (the Rules).  He also seeks an order pursuant to Rule 385 of the Rules to compel the presiding case management judge “to move the case along on its merits.”
[2]               The Respondents, Her Majesty the Queen (Crown), the Ministry of the Attorney General, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (collectively, the Crown Respondents), oppose the Applicants’ motion and request the dismissal of it as well as of the Applicants’ underlying judicial review application.
[3]               For the reasons that follow, this motion is dismissed.
II.               Background
[4]               On November 18, 2012, Respondents Jesus Berrios, Richard Berrios, and Jose Berrios were subjected to a secondary vehicle search by Border Service Officers (Officers) at the Detroit-Windsor border in which Officers discovered the equivalent of $7, 367, 922.45 Canadian dollars in Iraqi Dinars.
[5]               Since Jesus Berrios failed to report the currency when asked if he was in the possession of cash, currency, or monetary instruments equal to or greater than $10, 000.00 Canadian dollars, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) seized the currency as forfeit as it suspected the currency to be proceeds of crime pursuant to sections 12(1), 18(1), and 18(2) of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act, SC 2000, c 17 (the Act).
[6]               On December 4, 2013, CBSA’s Recourse Directorate received a letter entitled “72 Hour Notice-Notice of Demand” from ITIG. The letter was signed by a “General L.W.R.” who stated the following:
I am the owner of ITIG TRUST. It has come to my respective attention that the Financial Group for whom I represent, is currently missing an allotment of IRAQI DINAR […] which I control through ITIG TRUST. I have initiated an Investigation for Fraud, and my people have located it inside the borders of Canada where it has been detained by the CBSA, since the 18th of November 2012, whilst being transported through the Windsor, Canada, Port of Entry CBSA, by Jesus Berrios, who was then acting Secretary for Noahs Ark Foundation.
[7]               On February 24, 2014, the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness (the Minister) confirmed CBSA’s finding that section 12(1) of the Act was contravened and decided that the currency would remain forfeited to the Crown pursuant to section 29 of the Act. Criminal charges were laid against Jesus, Jose, and Richard Berrios with respect to the seized currency, which are still pending.
[8]               Mr. Peachey was not involved in any of the above-mentioned events, including the Ministerial Review of February 24, 2014.  I note in this respect, that the December 4, 2013 letter signed by General L.W.R. does not mention Mr. Peachey at all and that, furthermore, the General, in another paragraph of the letter, requested that CBSA “immediately release” and return the Iraqi Dinars to him and not Mr. Peachey.
[9]               In March 2014, Mr. Peachey contacted CBSA’s Recourse Directorate for the first time to request that the currency be returned to him. In a letter dated March 12, 2014, Mr. Peachey sets out three proposed options with CBSA to resolve the matter.  These options were formulated as follows: (1) “I choose to sit down at an appointed meeting and “SHED LIGHT” on this subject matter and settle this between us like Gentlemen;” (2) “We will take all the investigation findings that we have and file criminal charges, return of currency and triple-times plus punitive damages for theft of property;” or (3) “Classified.”  Attached to the letter is a document signed on behalf of ITIG on November 13, 2012 purporting to appoint Mr. Peachey as Secretary of ITIG.  I note that General L.W.R.’s letter of December 4, 2013 indicates that Jesus Berrios was Secretary of ITIG at the time of the seizure in November 2012.
[10]           Despite his non-involvement in the matter since the initial seizure took place, Mr. Peachey applied for judicial review of the Minister’s decision in a Notice of Application dated March 25, 2014, alleging that he was the lawful owner of the currency through his entities Noahs Ark and ITIG.
[11]           On April 2, 2014, the Applicants filed a motion pursuant to Rule 120 of the Rules asking the Court to grant leave for Mr. Peachey to represent Noahs Ark and ITIG for the purposes of the judicial review proceedings.  Rule 120 states that a “corporation, partnership or unincorporated association shall be represented by a solicitor in all proceedings, unless the Court in special circumstances grants leave to it to be represented by an officer, partner or member, as the case may be.”  The motion was heard on April 15, 2014 and subsequently dismissed by Prothonotary Aalto on April 30, 2014.
[12]           Prothonotary Aalto found that the Applicants did not demonstrate any special circumstances warranting an exception to the general rule found in Rule 120; namely that a corporation be represented by counsel. Instead, Prothonotary Aalto found that the evidence before him demonstrated factors militating toward the requirement of retaining counsel. Prothonotary Aalto found that the Applicants appeared to have the financial resources to retain counsel, that the complexity of the matter requires the expertise of a lawyer, and that the proposed representative, Mr. Peachey, will be a central witness.
[13]           With respect to the legal status of Noahs Ark and ITIG, Prothonotary Aalto found that it was unclear what these entities were since Mr. Peachey submitted self-authored documents to demonstrate that “Noahs Ark Foundation and the ITIG Trust were charted by my signature through Jericho Outreach as private corporation soles and for all intents and purposes of this judicial process shall be treated as a sole proprietor.”  Since the Applicants did not demonstrate any special circumstances, Prothonotary Aalto ordered them to appoint a solicitor to represent them within 30 days of the date of his Order.  He also ordered that the Applicants’ judicial review application proceed as a specially managed proceeding.
[14]           The Applicants were ordered to pay forthwith costs in a fixed amount of $300 inclusive of HST.  These costs have still not been paid.
[15]           Nearly nine months elapsed without further advancement on the merits of the Applicants’ application for judicial review. In this context, the Court issued a Notice of Status Review on February 10, 2015.  Subsequently, the parties attended a Case Management Conference with Prothonotary Martha Milczynski on April 27, 2015.  Prothonotary Milczynski, who has been appointed to case-manage the present matter, ordered the Applicants to retain counsel by May 27, 2015, failing which the judicial review application would go back into Status Review.
[16]           Instead of retaining counsel, Mr. Peachey served and filed a motion record on May 29, 2015 to have Prothotonary Aalto’s Order set aside pursuant to Rule 399 of the Rules.
III.            Issue
[17]           There is one issue to be determined in this case and it is whether the Order of Prothonotary Aalto, dated April 30, 2014, should be set aside pursuant to Rule 399.
IV.            Analysis
[18]           Rule 399 of the Rules allows the Court to set aside or vary an order in very limited circumstances, namely, where an order is made in the absence of another party, where a matter arose or was discovered subsequent to the making of the order, or where the order was obtained by fraud.  In my view and for the reasons that follow, none of the above-mentioned criteria are met in this case.
[19]           Mr. Peachey submits that a new matter has arisen in this case, which is that Rule 112(1), as opposed to Rule 120, applies to the issue of legal representation of ITIG and Noahs Ark.  Rule 112(1) provides, inter alia, that a proceeding may be brought by the trustees, executors or administrators of a trust without joining the beneficiaries of the trust.
[20]           Apart from the fact that Rule 112(1) appears irrelevant to the issue that was before Prothonotary Aalto as it is unrelated to the Rules dealing with the representation of parties, this argument must fail since Rule 399 is not meant to vary or set aside judgments of this Court when the parties are not well-versed in the law or applicable Rules and as a result fail to raise an argument before the Court.  In the context of a motion under Rule 397, Justice Denis Pelletier defined the term “matter” as “an element of the relief sought as opposed to an argument raised before the court” (Haque v Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), 2000 CanLII 15819 (FC), 188 FTR 154, 98 ACWS (3d) 1081, at para 5).  This definition was retained by Justice Judith Snider in Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc v Canada (Minister of Health), 2003 FCT 91 (CanLII), 2003 FC 91, 238 FTR 215, [Procter & Gamble] for new matters arising in the context of Rule 399 applications.  Thus, the case law is clear that ignorance of the law or failure to raise an argument that could otherwise properly have been brought before the Court is not a valid reason for setting aside an order of this Court under Rule 399 (Procter & Gamble, at para 19; Desouky v Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), 1999 CanLII 8870 (FC), 176 FTR 302, 92 ACWS (3d) 674, at para 17; Guzman v Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration) 1999 CanLII 9376 (FC), [2000] 1 FC 286, 174 FTR 43, at para 40).
[21]           Secondly, Mr. Peachey contends that Prothonotary Aalto’s Order was obtained by fraud as this Court’s Prothonotaries have no authority to issue an “injunction” and , therefore, to compel a party to a proceeding to retain counsel.  This argument is devoid of any merit.  As counsel for the Crown Respondents correctly points out, Prothonotaries have a broad discretion to hear, and make any necessary orders relating to, any motion under the Rules, except those expressly excluded from their jurisdiction by Rule 50.  This broad jurisdiction comprises all matters that arise prior to trial or the assignment of a hearing date (Pearson v Canada, 2008 FC 62 (Proth) (CanLII), [2008] 4 FCR 373, at para 12), including ordering that a party must retain counsel pursuant to Rule 120.  A Rule 120 motion is simply not a motion for an “injunction” within the ordinary meaning of that very specific type of recourse and remedy.  It is therefore not covered by the exceptions listed in Rule 50.  Otherwise, any order made by a Prothonotary, to the extent, for example, it requires that something be done procedurally, would have to be considered an “injunction”.  This cannot possibly have been the intention of those who drafted the Rules.
[22]           Mr. Peachey further contends that Prothonotary Aalto’s Order is part of a criminal conspiracy perpetrated against him by the Crown Respondents and the “judicial machinery” of the Court.  He claims to be a “live first-hand witness to Respondents “sinister actions” of prohibiting and intervening any way possible, preventing Applicant from further proceedings with this Application.”  At paragraph 19 of his written submissions dated May 19, 2015, Mr. Peachey states the following:
Moreover there is “highly suspicious” activity, that the judicial machinery of this Court may be tainted with fraud in this Case; cognizant with respondents as inconspiring together to obstruct justice” because since Prothonotary Aalto’s order, Applicant is now duly harassed, detained and refused entrance by the Respondents when it attempts to enter through the Canada Border; prohibiting it from soliciting a Canadian solicitor or file case-matters in Federal Court.
[23]           These are obviously very serious allegations but there is not an iota of evidence to support them. According to CBSA reports, Mr. Peachey was denied entry into Canada on February 19, 2015 as he refused to answer fully and truthfully the questions posed to him by Officers regarding his trip to Canada on that date.  There is no evidence that he was detained or searched and no evidence of any other border incident involving Mr. Peachey.  His claim that he is the subject of a conspiracy by the Crown Respondents and the “judicial machinery” of the Court is wholly unsubstantiated, frivolous, devoid of any merit and contemptuous.
[24]           Finally, Mr. Peachey claims that he was caught by surprise at the hearing before Prothonotary Aalto on April 15, 2015 as it is apparently only then that he was given the Crown Respondents’ responding material.  I am satisfied that Mr. Peachey was given ample time to review and prepare objections in response to the Crown Respondents’ arguments before presenting his submissions before Prothonotary Aalto. Prothonotary Aalto granted Mr. Peachey a recess of approximately 30 to 45 minutes to review the Crown Respondents’ arguments.  When the hearing resumed, Mr. Peachey did not ask the Court for more time in order to prepare himself, which suggests that he was ready to meet the issues raised by the Crown Respondents. Therefore, I conclude that fairness is not an issue since the Applicant was given a reasonable and fair opportunity to respond to the issue of whether the Applicants required representation by counsel pursuant to Rule 120 of the Rules (Minister of National Revenue v Optical Recording Corp, [1987] FCJ No 405, 79 NR 23, at para 12).
[25]           There are therefore no reasons to interfere, on the basis of Rule 399, with Prothonotary Aalto’s Order that the Applicants retain counsel.
[26]           Even if I was sitting on appeal of Prothonotary Aalto’s Order, I would see no reason to interfere with it either.  It is trite law that discretionary orders of Prothonotaries ought not to be disturbed on appeal before a judge of the Court unless they raise questions vital to the final issue of the case or they are clearly wrong in the sense that the exercise of discretion by the Prothonotary was based upon a wrong principle or a misapprehension of the facts (R v Aqua-Gem Investments Ltd. 1993 CanLII 2939 (FCA), [1993] 2 FC 425, 61 FTR 44; Z.I. Pompey Industrie v ECU-Line N.V., 2003 SCC 27 (CanLII), [2003] 1 SCR 450; Merck & Co. Inc. v Apotex Inc., 2003 FCA 488 (CanLII), 246 FTR 319).  Here, I find that no error was made when Prothonotary Aalto found that the Applicants did not present any special circumstances demonstrating that they ought to be represented by someone other than a solicitor.  Those special circumstances are normally (i) that the moving party cannot afford counsel, (ii) that the issues are not complex and can be handled expeditiously, and (iii) that the representative will not be a key witness (El Mocambo Rocks Inc v Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada (SOCAN), 2012 FCA 98 (CanLII), at para 3; Alpha Marathon Technologies Inc v Dual Spiral Systems Inc, 2005 FC 1582 (CanLII), at para 3).
[27]           Having considered the evidence on record and the submissions of the parties, I am satisfied that Prothonotary Aalto’s Order was not based upon a wrong principle or a misapprehension of the facts, quite the contrary.
[28]           I further note that it is unclear from the evidence whether Mr. Peachey is Secretary of any of the other Applicants in this case since documents provided by CBSA, one of which is in part reproduced above, indicates that Jesus Berrios is or has been the Secretary of Noahs Ark and that General L.W.R. and not Mr. Peachey is the sole owner of ITIG.  Mr. Peachey also failed to demonstrate that Noahs Ark and ITIG are sole proprietors nor that they do not have the funds to retain counsel.  I also recognize that Mr. Peachey’s Rule 120 motion to represent the Applicants alleges that Mr. Peachey is a “Judge and private international common-law lawyer”, yet, during the hearing he admitted to Prothonotary Aalto that he does not have an accreditation from a recognized law school and has not been appointed by any recognized government as a judge.
[29]           Given the dismissal of the Applicants’ Rule 399 motion, I will not order the case-management judge, as requested by Mr. Peachey, “to move the case along on its merits,” assuming I had the authority to do so.  Instead, I will vary Prothonotary Milczynski’s case-management order of April 27, 2015 so that it reads that the Applicants are to retain counsel by November 19, 2015; failing which their judicial review application will go back into Status Review.
[30]           As for the Crown Respondents’ request that the Applicants’ application for judicial review be dismissed for excessive delay in moving the matter along, or, in the alternative, that they be granted security for costs pursuant to Rule 416(1)(f) of the Rules, they should be brought before the case management judge, on separate motions, if, and when, necessary.
[31]           Costs on the present motion, in the amount of $500 inclusive of HST, are awarded to the Crown Respondents and payable forthwith.

ORDER

THIS COURT ORDERS that:
1.      The Applicants’ motion pursuant to Rule 399 of the Federal Court Rules, seeking to set aside the Order of Prothonotary Alto, dated April 30, 2014, is dismissed;
2.      Prothonotary Milczynski’s case-management order, dated April 27, 2015, is varied so that it reads that the Applicants are to retain counsel by November 19, 2015, failing which their judicial review application will go back into Status Review;
3.      Costs in the amount of $500 inclusive of HST, are awarded to the Crown Respondents and payable forthwith.

"René LeBlanc"

Judge

FEDERAL COURT

SOLICITORS OF RECORD

DOCKET:T-761-14
STYLE OF CAUSE:NOAHS ARK FOUNDATION, AND ITIG TRUST, AND NATHAN JOEL PEACHEY SECRETARY v HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN (CROWN), MINISTRY OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL, ROYAL CANADIAN MOUNTED POLICE, JESUS BERRIOS, JOSE BERRIOS, AND RICHARD BERRIOS
PLACE OF HEARING:Toronto, Ontario
DATE OF HEARING:June 30, 2015
ORDER AND REASONS:LEBLANC J.
DATED:October 19, 2015

APPEARANCES:

Mr Nathan Joel Peachey
For The Applicants
Mr Derick Edwards
For The Respondents

SOLICITORS OF RECORD:

ITIG TRUST et al
Toronto, Ontario
For The Applicants
William F. Pentney
Deputy Attorney General of Canada
Toronto, Ontario
For The Respondents

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2015/2015fc1183/2015fc1183.html

Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by RamblerNash Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:18 pm

claud39 wrote:

Without insulting you, I asked myself the following question, I believe that the members of your forum expect you, and the other directors, but I speak mostly about you that members expect to have news the Iraqi news, the political, economic, and international, their daily lives today with their stakes in the reality of Iraq today, as I often mention is real news, instead of just sending you news about the gurus to lynch them on the public square, or insulting the world on the forum that does not think like you, I asked myself the following question: what element positive that you bring to the forum and to your members except that the negative, and the news of gurus that means nothing in what is happening in Iraq, it's just a question, a chance that I read from my own my own new, otherwise I will not learn much from e what is happening in iraq, and especially with the appointment of the representative of iraq who is currently united, especially by following you in what you post on the forum !!!

I wish you a good day, from my side I will return to follow the news about Iraq which is much more interesting than reading your post !!!
You see everyone has to see life, I look at the positive side and I do not insult anyone, since I rarely give my opinion, and by dint of reading your commentary I see that you look at the negative side is each one his choice of life !!

Good day to all members of the forum, and I wish you to have an overview on iraq by following your own news !!

Claud (Moose)
Claud,

Dinar Daily is unique in Dinarland because it allows EVERYONE to post what they find interesting to them.

Ponee was doing all the postings by herself, and spending a great deal of her time.

She asked for help on a few occasions, and some of us stepped in.

I picked up posting the most of news, and others also did, so Ponee, the site administrator, could have more time to spend elsewhere.

Ssmith picked up posting the Guru part of the postings, that you object to, that Ponee, the site administrator, did for the same reason.

There are many different sections in this forum, so if the "Gurus" postings don't appeal to you, it's your choice to just ignore them. Some of us think that debunking the Gurus IS a positive thing.

This forum wouldn't be what it it today without everyone's contribution, whether it is liked or not...

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 258310255 
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by claud39 Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:53 am

RamblerNash wrote:
claud39 wrote:

Claud (Moose)
Claud,

Dinar Daily is unique in Dinarland because it allows EVERYONE to post what they find interesting to them.

Ponee was doing all the postings by herself, and spending a great deal of her time.

She asked for help on a few occasions, and some of us stepped in.

I picked up posting the most of news, and others also did, so Ponee, the site administrator, could have more time to spend elsewhere.

Ssmith picked up posting the Guru part of the postings, that you object to, that Ponee, the site administrator, did for the same reason.

There are many different sections in this forum, so if the "Gurus" postings don't appeal to you, it's your choice to just ignore them. Some of us think that debunking the Gurus IS a positive thing.

This forum wouldn't be what it it today without everyone's contribution, whether it is liked or not...

Thank you for your comment, it's fun to chat with someone sensible, and you know this is not my point for gurus, as you say I ignore them, I do not look at what they say, it's just rubbish in their speech to get even more people who have dinars, so when I see the link on the forum I cancel immediately, what I mean is the news of today What is happening in Iraq, is real news with articles to know where their comment comes from, or the reality of Iraq, if I do not postulate you have practically nothing talk about Iraq today, but just post offices that do not give much to know about the reality of Iraq, and what has to do with the Iraqi people, or are they in their lives, what is what the economic side do for Iraq, etc ... me that's what I'm waiting for members of the forum, either to advance for the same purpose, to watch I'll apply for 2 to 3 news about the reality of Iraq, and you know it did not bother me to apply on your forum, but not to the point of being insulted by some individuals, I wish you a nice day !! On my side I will follow the news today!

Claud (Moose)

http://www.auc-edu.org/index.php?content=conf&conf=20

2019-03-27 09:14:37

Home
Scientific and Cultural Seminars Scientific
Symposium (delete zeros from the Iraqi dinar)

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 3558IMG-20190327-WA0018

Under the patronage of the Dean of the Faculty of Knowledge University Dr. Yacoub Nazem Ahmed, the Department of Finance and Banking Sciences held today, 2019/3/27 and the Conference Hall a scientific symposium entitled (delete zeros from the Iraqi dinar) was divided into three axes The 
first axis: the concept of deleting zeros from the dinar , Presented by Assistant Professor Dr. Ali Abdul Hadi Salem. 
The second axis: the expected results of the deletion of three zeroes from the Iraqi dinar, M. Mahmoud Abdelkader Sweid. 
The third axis: the experiences of some countries in the process of deleting zeros, M. Mohammed Juma Rahim. 
The seminar was attended by the Dean's Assistant for Administrative Affairs, the heads of the scientific departments, faculty members and staff as well as guests from various departments of the State.

claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it Empty President of the Republic of the social elite in Wasit: Iraq is ahead of developments and positive changes

Post by claud39 Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:02 am

https://presidency.iq/Details.aspx?id=8098

President of the Republic of the social elite in Wasit: Iraq is ahead of developments and positive changes
2019/03/28

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 152832019_55717476_778731102526985_821425869888159744_n

The President of the Republic Dr. Barham Saleh affirmed that Iraq is capable and qualified to achieve the required benefits because its people Egypt to end the crises it is going through. 
In a speech delivered during a meeting with social and cultural elites, tribal leaders and dignitaries in Wasit province on Thursday, 28-3-2019, he pointed out that regional and international openness is important, but the national interest should prevail, and we are proud of our neighbors. This is an indication that he is capable and effective in the regional and international system and will not accept to be a battlefield for other countries. 
The President of the Republic pointed out that corruption and terrorism are two sides of a single currency and its fight has not been accomplished. It requires legal measures and support from the community and civil activities to enable the state to end this crisis, praising the determination of the good people to move the country to the stage of construction, reconstruction and stability.
The following is the text of the word: 

" In the name of God the Merciful 
" Say yourselves Allah will see your work and His Messenger and the believers "great truth of God , 
ladies and gentlemen .. the 
fact that I am honored to be among you , and be among my family in Wasit province , the city of Kut, I am honored to Meeting with you and consult with you about your concerns and worries I have the honor to be among my family in this province, which gave Iraq a lot and did not spare the nation anything, it is the goods of this province of agriculture and water from oil and resources is countless, and this province also gave Iraq the sacrifices of great, gave her children martyrs and Mujahideen And fighters for this country against the tyrannical despotism as well D the tyranny of terrorism and the violation of terrorism to our country.
  This province also gave Iraq a model of patience and endurance, a model of social cohesion and harmony among its children, while many areas of Iraq have been subjected to many problems and political tremors and rivalries. This province has remained largely cohesive and maintained its unity and security of society despite many of the problems that have been exposed to it. 
The patience of the people of Wasit is a great model for Iraq and the Iraqis. It is my hope that this patience will be the key to Faraj and a new start that will make Wasit a model for a rich region that attracts investment and serves its citizens and its citizens enjoy the free and precious life they deserve. 
My brothers and sisters, our country is in a phase of transformation and we look forward to ending the spiral of crises that have plagued our country for decades. The problems of Iraq did not start in 2003, but they have lasted for years and decades of Saddam's tyranny, mass graves, wars, siege, terrorism and other problems that have plagued our country.
Today, we are living in a stage of transformation with all the meanings and meanings of that word. The Iraqis have won the victory and this victory came as a result of perseverance of Iraqis in this epic against terrorism, at a time when many external observers are betting on the failure of Iraq and its end. The patience of the Iraqis and their determination to win against terrorism has brought us this victory. The sacrifice of the Iraqis and their presence in their sons and brothers in the fight against the dashing and end of the epic record for this country, but these sacrifices must also be crowned with a complete victory, and a serious victory eradicating terrorism and thought and behavior, will not return this phenomenon again and invade our country again. This is a great benefit and it will not be easy, but we have another important and serious benefit after all these years of suffering and patience. It is time for the Iraqis to enjoy the fruits of their country and to enjoy a decent life. Work, this entitlement to any other country will be huge benefits in it. What about the devastated Iraq, which has been devastated and exposed to these conflicts for decades, surely this will not be easy and will not be easy, but I am optimistic and confident of the ability of our people to promote the determination of the good to go to Iraq to stability and harmony and reconstruction, Requires radical structural reforms that require exposure to the corruption system that has deepened in the Iraqi state and has become a major threat to our present and our future. Fighting corruption will not be completed and will not be supplemented only by slogans, but requires practical measures that require the empowerment of the judiciary, the support of society and civil activities in order to empower the state and enable it to deal with this serious scourge in our country. Corruption and terrorism are two sides of a single coin. Our appreciation is that this is a direct benefit that requires us to work hard, and this is also at the core of what the constitution requires from a democratic system that serves its people and expresses the will of its people.
We also have the right to launch urban and service projects in the country. Our government is headed by Dr. Adel Abdul Mahdi, who is engaged in the implementation of its government program, but there is no doubt that the expectations are great, the challenges are serious and the serious and urgent entitlement requires all sectors of society. Of the implementation of its government program and the speed required.
In my assessment, Iraq is now qualified and able to implement such benefits first and foremost because this people of Egypt to start and end the cycle of crisis that affected our country, and there is an international and regional reading that Iraq is ahead of developments and positive changes. What you see from the regional and international breakthrough on Iraq is part of it stems from the reading of others as the situation in Iraq is a sign of progress and indications that Iraq will return to active in the regional and international system. This will certainly support us in the process of reconstruction and launch the required services. This international and regional openness to Iraq is important to us, but from our point of view it must be based on a fundamental principle; it is to give priority to the national interest and the principle of Iraq first. We cherish our relations with all the countries of the world, with our neighbors, which are important relations for us, but we as an Iraqi leadership and a state, and certainly our people Egypt on that too, to be Iraq first. Our starting point in establishing our relations with others is our interest and we will not accept our country to become the arena of other people's conflicts, and that our children and our resources will be one of the means of others for their interests and agendas. With this logic, we can unite as Iraqis to build our country and remove our country from the dangers and problems of the absurd conflicts that are sweeping the region. I will soon go to the Arab summit and Iraq will have an important role in reviewing the affairs of the region, restoring the regional and international system to ensure the security of Iraq, in the interests of Iraq. The Prime Minister was in an important meeting a few days ago with the President of the Republic of Egypt and with the Jordanian King in a tripartite meeting an important indicator of the return of Iraq to this regional system effective, and the return of Iraq is a strong and pivotal state in the affairs of the region. The visit of the Iranian president has been an important indicator and the influx of other foreign delegations, we also have indicators that emphasize the pivotal role of Iraq. This role will not be achieved if we do not meet the aspirations of our people at home. This requires that in Baghdad we win over our people in Wasit, and win over our people in Basra and our people in Mosul, which was subjected to a painful tragedy. . It is our duty in Baghdad to enable you to enable the local government, executive and legislative, to play its role and meet its entitlements if it is in Wasit province or elsewhere, but I am optimistic about its cohesion and a comprehensive societal determination to promote your well-deserved province. Of good things, and yes, you gave this country of your children martyrs of our duty in Baghdad to win you, your patience and your burden must be met with real and serious response with your benefits. Before this meeting I had a meeting with officials of the departments in the province, listened to them, spoke with what they expect from the support of Baghdad, whether for the refinery projects and the airport or other investment projects and also in terms of strengthening the educational reality and the reality of universities and so on, and promised them good, I will visit you today from the website of the President of the Republic, the protector of the Constitution, the symbol of the unity of this country, but I want you to know that I am from you and that, God willing, I will be with you as I will be for all provinces Iraqi help to you and support to enable us to meet the life of free and generous.
For decades, this country has been blessed with natural good deeds from agriculture, water and oil, and God Almighty has blessed these good talents. This country, which has tasted it for decades, deserves better than God willing. 
We in Baghdad will be of help to you, and the cycle of crises will end, and I will visit you in Wasit again, and I will see the city full of its people with its elders and scientists with its youth. I was President of the Republic or otherwise among my family as a servant for you and your service. 
 Thank you very much and God is good luck "

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 152832019_53745066_2247149482280171_7476221053564354560_n

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 152832019_56293843_2191975860860641_5413433035360043008_n

Iraqi Central Bank policies…

Iraqi Central Bank policies.. To encourage Iraqi investments in Turkey?!

March 28, 2019

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it Dinar

Rule and logic say:
The state sells its property with (bidding), so that you get the highest price possible for its sales.

But the Iraqi Central Bank, sells Iraqi dollars less than then?!

The reason, of course, is the central bank’s claim that it provides cheap dollars for the poor, to buy their needs at a cheap price.. but is it really “the poor of Iraq” are the beneficiaries of the Iraqi central policy?!

New news pointed out:
According to data published by the Turkish Statistics authority……. Iraqis occupy the head of the list of the most real estate purchases in turkey with 605 properties since the beginning of the current year…. Where Iraqis bought more than eight thousand homes. ).

What tied the news to the central bank policy?!

There are price for exchange price:
– 120 thousand dinars, the low price sold by the central bank of the dollar, where the bank claims that it is a price for the country, the poor and the monetary stability.

The other price of the dollar, which is the price of the dollar, if the central bank raises its hand about the Iraqi dollar! And Let’s say the dollar is going to be 150 Dinars, and this is the real price of the dollar..

Now if an Iraqi wanted to buy a residence in turkey for $ 100, he should pay 150 million dinars according to the reasonable market price, but he actually pays 120 million dinars according to the subsidized central bank price!

Of course, this (30 million dinars = 250 paper) can be considered as the central bank gift to those who buy a property in turkey!

And wonder now:
– is the poor who rate his monthly income 500 thousand dinars, he who owns $ 100, and is he the one who buys real estate in turkey and other countries?!

With good and blessing to everyone who buys a property in turkey, but who wants to buy q has to pay from his pocket and not from the pockets of the poor..

If the central bank is honest in his desire to support the poor, he can sell the dollar for 50 thousand dinars to the pink pink, the readers need food and not for real estate in turkey!

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is therefore demanding Iraq to free the exchange rate!

#Hayder_Murtadha
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it Empty The European Union pledges its support to Iraq in the reconstruction of liberated cities

Post by claud39 Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:25 am

You see that this is more interesting to know as news or to see what will happen in Iraq that has to do with the appointments that must have places for reconstruction, this is real news, not stories of the gurus who does not mean anything about the Iraq situation, but finally I'm not here to convince you, you know, if you see the many news that I sent you lately, you will understand that I read on the news every day , and I do not need a guru to know what's going on in iraq, on the contrary i need to know more about people's lives, and what's going on in iraq, that all the gurus together by following the 'news for a few years, I wish you a beautiful day, and I will follow the news from my side !!

Claud (Moose)

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=16032

The European Union pledges its support to Iraq in the reconstruction of liberated cities

31/03/2019

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 14085

Economy News _ Baghdad

The European Union on Sunday expressed its support for Iraq in contributing to the reconstruction of liberated cities. 
The President of the Republic, in a statement received by "Economy News" a copy, "The President of the Republic Barham Salih received, at his residence in Tunisia, today, the EU's foreign affairs and security officer Federica Mujerini." 
The statement added that "the meeting discussed the relations between Iraq and the European Union and ways to improve them in the political, security and economic fields, as well as the contribution of the Union to support and develop the training and armament capabilities of the Iraqi security forces." 
The President praised the "active role played by the European Union countries in the fight against terrorism and its assistance to Iraq in achieving victory and its contribution to the humanitarian aspects of displaced persons and migrants."
For her part, Mujerini expressed the European Union's readiness to "strengthen cooperation with Iraq in all fields and contribute to the reconstruction of liberated cities."

https://www.iraqbritainbusiness.org/event/iraq-business-forum

[size=33]Iraq Business Forum, 9 April[/size]

April 9th 2019

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it DSC_0637

You are invited to the
IBBC Iraq Business Forum
9 April, 1 Victoria Street, The Westminster Conference Centre, London 8:00 – 15:00

IBBC is the premier organisation promoting UK small and medium sized enterprises to trade with Iraq and this now annual event is the leading business event where such companies can showcase their products and services to over one hundred visiting Iraq business people.
The event will be open for all business sectors but currently the priority sectors in Iraq are Oil & Gas, Electricity and Water, Construction & Infrastructure, Tech, Financial & Professional Services. In addition, there is increasing interest and opportunities in healthcare, food processing, automotive and foodstuffs.
The agenda for the day will comprise of a key note speech, two panels of Iraqi and British business people identifying opportunities and capability to supply, followed by one to one meetings between companies hosting displays and our Iraqi visitors.
Tickets are complimentary and on a first come first serve basis, coffee and a sandwich lunch will be provided.
Please Note: Tickets are now limited to one company representative due to high demand. IBBC cannot issue tickets to multiple delegates from the same company. 

Sign up and register now by emailing London@webuildiraq.org for the registration form 
Speakers will be announced soon. 
The registration is free, please email the IBBC team at
london@webuildiraq.org or phone +44 (0) 20 7222 7100.  

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it Image-Collage-2018-SME-Day
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it Empty HE DR. ABDULRAHMAN BIN ABDULLAH AL-HUMAIDI, DIRECTOR-GENERAL OF THE ARAB MONETARY FUND, ADDRESSES THE OPENING OF THE "REGIONAL FORUM ON TAXATION IN ARAB COUNTRIES"

Post by claud39 Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:04 am

Here is one last news that I bring you today, with this news we see that the Middle East works accordingly to market between them, including Iraq!

You see it's not hard to put news on the reality of what is happening between Iraq, and the Middle East, and with the international, and it's more informative than news about gurus, have a lovely day everybody !!!

Claud (Moose)

https://www.amf.org.ae/ar/content/%D9%85%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%83%D8%AA%D9%88%D8%B1-%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%AD%D9%85%D9%86-%D8%A8%D9%86-%D8%B9%D8%A8%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%84%D9%87-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AD%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%AF%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%B1-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85-%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3-%D9%85%D8%AC%D9%84%D8%B3-%D8%A5%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A9-%D8%B5%D9%86%D8%AF%D9%88%D9%82-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%86%D9%82%D8%AF-33

HE DR. ABDULRAHMAN BIN ABDULLAH AL-HUMAIDI, DIRECTOR-GENERAL OF THE ARAB MONETARY FUND, ADDRESSES THE OPENING OF THE "REGIONAL FORUM ON TAXATION IN ARAB COUNTRIES"
2019-03-31

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it DSC_3075%20%28Medium%29

Emphasize the importance of pursuing tax policy 

To support fiscal discipline and financial sustainability

With the participation of senior officials from the Ministry of Finance, the Federal Tax Authority of the United Arab Emirates, the International Center for Taxation and Investment, and the attendance of a number of senior officials from the ministries of finance and economy, tax authorities and central banks in the Arab countries and experts from regional and international financial institutions. Abdullah Al-Humaidi, Director-General of the Arab Monetary Fund, delivered an opening speech at the Regional Tax Forum in the Arab States, entitled "The Balance of Tax Policies between Management and Competitiveness " In cooperation with the Ministry of Finance of the United Arab Emirates, the Federal Tax Authority and the International Center for Taxation and Investment, on 31 March and 1 April 2019 in Dubai.
His Excellency stressed at the outset that the achievement of financial discipline and financial sustainability is one of the most important challenges facing the Arab economies in the current stage. He pointed out that the surplus of the combined budget of the Arab countries, one percent of GDP in 2013, To 11.5 per cent in 2015, prompting the authorities in the Arab countries to intensify the pace of implementation of fiscal reforms in order to contain and rationalize the increase in public expenditure levels and to strengthen and diversify government revenues, which led to low levels of deficit In the combined general budget of the Arab countries to about 6 per cent in 2018, according to the estimates of the Arab Monetary Fund.
The reforms that the Arab countries are working on will enhance the chances of financial sustainability, encourage the creation of an environment conducive to private sector growth and attract investment. He pointed out in this regard the importance of following the efforts of the reform of the energy support, Has about 240 billion dollars during 2018, equivalent to about 8 percent of the Arab countries' GDP .
In another context, His Excellency Dr. Al-Humaidi pointed out that the economic and financial repercussions impose on the Arab countries the need to pay attention to the strengthening of public financial resources, foremost of which is the raising of the tax revenue revenues, pointing to the uneven levels of tax collection among the Arab countries, Per cent of GDP and less than a quarter of total public revenues in Arab countries. He also pointed out that the ratio of the average tax revenues to the non-oil GDP of the Arab countries is about 13 per cent compared to an average of 17 per cent in the emerging and developing economies according to the 2017 data.
In the same context, His Excellency pointed to the results of a study by the Arab Monetary Fund that showed that the Arab tax systems are mainly based on indirect taxes as a main source of financing government expenditures. In this regard, the share of indirect taxes on average is estimated at 70% Arab countries.  
His Excellency pointed out that the majority of the tax systems in the Arab countries are generally characterized by a variable tax effort, indicating that there is a large gap between the actual achievement and the availability of tax revenues, pointing out that the tax policy challenges facing tax policy management are based on three main things: : The multiplicity of rates, the wide scope of exemptions, and the importance of raising awareness and tax education. He pointed out that these challenges, how to develop and strengthen tax systems and administrations, and how to strengthen tax collection, taking advantage of modern technologies in the development of tax services, Discussed by the Forum.
In this context, HE praised the forum's opportunity to consult and exchange views and experiences on various issues, whether to strengthen revenue, enhance the efficiency of the tax system and the application of value added taxes, thus contributing to the creation of a favorable and encouraging environment for private sector growth. For small and medium-sized enterprises, and oil companies, and promotes economic diversification and overall growth.
The Arab Monetary Fund has in recent years been keen to increase its interest in tax reform issues, recognizing the importance of Arab countries, stressing the importance of the discussions and views that will be taken up in the Forum to benefit from enhancing the Arab Monetary Fund's awareness of the needs and priorities in developing policy reforms. In the Arab States, and to benefit from the development of the Fund's programs and activities in the area of ​​public finance.
[url=https://www.amf.org.ae/sites/default/files/%D9%83%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A9 %D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%B1 %D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%AF%D9%89 %D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B6%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%A8.pdf]Full text of the word[/url]

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it DSC_3117%20%28Medium%29

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it DSC_3305%20%28Medium%29

[url=https://www.amf.org.ae/sites/default/files/%D9%83%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A9 %D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%B1 %D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%AF%D9%89 %D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B6%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%A8.pdf]https://www.amf.org.ae/sites/default/files/%D9%83%D9%84%D9%85%D8%A9%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%B1%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B9%D8%A7%D9%85-%D9%85%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%AF%D9%89%20%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B6%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%A6%D8%A8.pdf[/url]

Regional Forum on Taxation in Arab Countries

"The balance of tax policies between management and competitiveness"

Word

His Excellency Dr. Abdul Rahman bin Abdulla Al-Humaidi

General Manager and Chairman

Arab Monetary Fund

Dubai - United Arab Emirates

April 1 - March 31

Your Excellencies,

Ladies and gentlemen,

Glad to you all morning,

It is my pleasure to welcome you to our beautiful city of Dubai, with the launch of business

The Arab Regional Monetary Forum, organized by the Arab Monetary Fund,

In cooperation with the Ministry of Finance of the United Arab Emirates and the Federal Authority

And the International Center for Taxation and Investment, a forum for financial policy makers

And tax in our Arab countries.

To express

Allow me first of all to extend my sincere thanks and gratitude to HE Obaid Humaid Al Tayer, Minister

The State of Finance in the United Arab Emirates, for the support of His Excellency for the events

And activities organized by the Arab Monetary Fund. Thanks are due to colleagues in the Ministry

Finance and the Federal Tax Authority of the United Arab Emirates, in the forefront

HE Khalid Al Bustani, Chief Executive Officer of the Authority, for their support and for their efforts

And their cooperation with my colleagues in the Fund, in preparing and preparing for the Forum and working to provide

All ways that contribute to its success to achieve the desired objectives.

I also do not miss this opening, to express my sincere welcome to Mark

Moody's, Chairman of the International Center for Taxation and Investment, for being with us

In the Forum, and the cooperation of the Center's officials in preparing the Forum, in particular

Mr. Daniel Watt, CEO of the Center.

To express sincere

I would also like to thank the honorable guests from various Arab countries,

Their participation reflects the great care given by the authorities in Arab countries to promote

Opportunities to share experiences and experiences in discussing tax policy challenges and their applications

Framework of current developments and challenges, in particular the sustainability of public finances

Thanks are also extended to all officials, experts and speakers from international institutions

Arab and international bodies and ministries to prefer their participation, thus enriching

Discussion on various tax issues and reform policies.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

One of the challenges facing financial discipline is financial sustainability

Arab economies in the current period, where the economies of Arab countries have risen

In budget deficit levels since 2014. The budget surplus has shifted

Of the Arab countries with one percent of GDP in 2013,

To a deficit of about 5.11 per cent in 2015. In this context,

The authorities in the Arab countries have sought to intensify the pace of implementation of fiscal reforms at the beginning

From 2015 to contain and rationalize the increase in public spending levels and strengthen

And diversification of government revenues. These reforms have contributed to reducing deficit levels

To the level of 6 per cent in 2018 by the General Budget

The Arab Monetary Fund (AMF) estimates that these reforms are in progress. It will continue

In the coming years, provide financial resources that can be channeled to support development opportunities

Providing more jobs and reducing poverty and unemployment.

One of the most important features of the reforms that our Arab countries are working on is the pursuit of diversification efforts

Reform of the subsidy system and the enhancement of tax revenues and efficiency,

Of the opportunities for financial sustainability on the one hand and encourages the creation of an encouraging environment on the other

Growth of the private sector and attracting investment. As well as notable efforts to achieve

Diversity There is progress in economic diversification efforts, with a view to creating more economic structures,

Considerable attention to enhancing public resources to meet increased government spending and improve conditions

Public Finance. The most important of these is the reform of energy support, with an estimated energy support of about 240

Billion in 2018, equivalent to about 8 percent of GDP

The total of Arab countries is spent on energy subsidies. So there is a need for continuity and deepening

Reforms in this direction.

As you know, broader economic reforms include a combination of reduction policies

Spending, expenditure transfer policies, and gradual lifting of energy subsidies

Reforms in issues related to areas such as public utility pricing and transfer of expenditure

To build human capital and increase investments that attract investors to the sector

The private. The success of reform programs requires broad support for financial reform,

And better allocation of government assets while diversifying sources of government revenues.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
The economic and financial implications impinge on the need to promote public finances
Foremost among which is raising tax revenues and enhancing their fairness. Despite the efforts
Which is aimed at developing tax systems in the Arab countries, but the levels of achievement
Tax burden on Arab countries still requires more efforts
And reform to reach similar levels of achievement in emerging economies and countries
In other developing countries, where tax revenues represent only about 7 per cent of GDP
And less than a quarter of total public revenues in Arab countries. And up
The ratio of the average tax revenues to the non-oil GDP of the Arab countries to 13%
Compared to an average of 17 per cent in emerging economies and countries
According to 2017
In this context, the challenge is to reduce the relatively large Arab gap between countries
Actual collection and revenue are possible for tax revenues with a more equitable distribution
Tax. The disparity in experience among the Arab countries is an opportunity to see
• Lessons related to reforming tax systems to suit the state and structure of economies
In these countries.
In this context, a study by the Arab Monetary Fund showed that Arab tax systems
Mainly based on indirect taxes as a prime source of government expenditure financing
The decline in reliance on direct taxes continued to be reflected in the development of the sector

Arab tax systems. The share of indirect taxes is estimated at about 70 percent
Of total tax revenues in Arab countries, including tax revenues
Value added and sales representing about 46 per cent, tax revenue
Customs duties of around 24 per cent. In contrast, direct tax revenues represent, on average
Around 30 percent of total tax revenues, of which 20 percent are tax
Income on companies and 10 per cent is due to personal income tax.
The majority of the tax systems in the Arab countries in general are characterized by a variable tax effort,
Indicating a significant gap between actual and available tax revenues,
And that the situation varies from state to state.
The diversity in the application of broad-based taxes such as value added tax has been proven
Its efficiency in many countries, as it distributes the tax burden on a large tax base,
However, it is appropriate to deal with the side effects that may result from value added tax,
This is done through the proper application of tax, and support ongoing efforts to ensure that they are relevant
Broad base, applied to the entire value chain, where can lead non-enable
Companies from registration, misuse, fraud and tax evasion
Added, to distort the options and cause inefficiency. Despite relative improvement,
However, the value of VAT revenues in the Arab countries represents about 7%
Of GDP, compared to about 12 percent of GDP in economies
Emerging and developing countries. Enhancing the level of tax compliance requires the adoption of a comprehensive framework for evaluation

Collecting VAT, identifying its causes and developing appropriate indicators
To monitor and assess non-compliance and associated risk control criteria.
While consumption taxes represent opportunities to diversify revenues, the impact is also significant
The digital revolution also needs to be considered, as applications of modern technologies allow
Consumers order goods from anywhere in the world, directly to their homes, causing the
Government loss of tax revenues. In addition, applications of modern technologies may reduce
Of the inflow of taxable tangible goods and services. It is necessary to take into account
Tax authorities in the Arab countries, to consider these issues in policy frameworks
Reform and management of the tax system.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Tax policy challenges facing tax policy management are centered around three
The main things are: multiplicity of rates, which leads to the complexity of the collection process with the consequences
It has an administrative burden that requires more cadres and the use of modern technologies to raise efficiency
Tax investigator and collection costs.
In order to achieve a balance between the return
The second of these challenges is the widening of exemptions. As the experiences of a number of States indicate
Arab countries aim to exempt a long list of basic goods and services from being maintained
The purchasing power of people with low incomes, however, these exemptions lead to shrinkage of the pot
And thus affect the level of resources achieved. As the experiences of some States indicate

To reduce and multiply the prescribed registration limit to obligate those charged with collecting the tax
Value added, which ranges from $ 1,000 to $ 100,000, leading to an increase
Collection and management costs, which affects its efficiency. The third challenge lies in
The importance of raising awareness and tax education, so as to raise the rates of tax compliance.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Today, the Forum discusses these challenges, how to develop and strengthen tax systems and administrations,
And how to strengthen tax collection, while considering ways to take advantage of modern technologies
Development of tax services. All these topics are discussed using lessons
And Arab and international experiences in this regard. The Forum is an opportunity for consultation and exchange
Opinions and experiences on various issues, both for revenue consolidation and for enhancing efficiency
Tax system and the application of value added tax, which contributes at the same time
In creating an enabling and encouraging environment for the growth of the private sector with its different levels of companies
Large and small, and small, medium and micro enterprises
And promotes economic diversification and overall growth.
Before closing this speech, I would like to point out that the Arab Monetary Fund has been keen in years
Paying attention to the issues of tax reform, recognizing the recent increase in its importance to our Arab countries,
Either through reform programs within IFAD's facilities or through building activities
Capacities, workshops and forums to share experiences and knowledge. We look forward to the discussions today
And to use them to enhance our understanding of development needs and priorities

Reforms of tax policies in the Arab countries, as well as in the development of
Fund's programs and activities in the area of public finance.
Finally, I would like to reiterate my thanks to our partners in the organization of the Forum, and I do not miss in this regard,
I would like to renew my gratitude and gratitude to the State of the headquarters of the Arab Monetary Fund, the United Arab Emirates
United Nations, for its substantial facilities that have contributed to the Fund's success in achieving
Objectives.
Peace and mercy of God be upon you.
claud39
claud39
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:42 am

Ssmith wrote:The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 2e45b9cb32fc60f1db234858eca978ce?s=34&d=mm

Republish
Reprint

Adrian Humphreys | January 1, 2016 11:51 AM ET
More from Adrian Humphreys | @AD_Humphreys

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 16c-bridge
Tyler Brownbridge / The Windsor Star filesBorder agents and RCMP officers at the busy Ambassador Bridge linking Detroit to Windsor counted and photographed more than eight billion Iraqi dinars, at the time worth about $7.4 million.

At the busy Ambassador Bridge linking Detroit to Windsor, the continent’s most heavily travelled crossing, a Canadian border agent greeted three men in a GMC Yukon Denali with the usual recital of questions.

Did they have any firearms? Were they bringing in currency worth $10,000 or more?
“No, no, nothing like that,” the driver answered, according to notes made by members of the Canada Border Services Agency. Unconvinced, the agent told him to pull over for a search.

An inspection of the car would turn up two handguns and some ammunition, but when CBSA agent Celine El-Tayar opened the back door on the driver’s side of the SUV, she faced a wall of banker’s boxes. She tugged on one. It was unexpectedly heavy.

Lifting the lid, she saw wads of money.
Box after box — 24 in all — were similarly stuffed with bound wads of currency, each bill featuring the cursive swoops of Arabic lettering.

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 1219_na_smuggling
http://globalcurrencyreset.netBorder agents and RCMP officers counted and photographed more than eight billion Iraqi dinars, at the time worth about $7.4 million.
Over the next several hours, border agents and RCMP officers counted and photographed more than eight billion Iraqi dinars, at the time worth about $7.4 million.

The driver was asked whose money it was.

“It’s complicated,” he replied.

He was right about that. The border stop on Nov. 18, 2012 was just the beginning.
The RCMP seized the cash under the Proceeds of Crime and Terrorist Financing Act, triggering a fight with an oddball cast of characters over where it came from and who gets to keep it. The battle over the dinars involves a private investigator from California, a purported general from Hong Kong, a man who claims to be a judge but isn’t, a fringe religious group and a little-known American charity.

And along with those claims have come threats, suggestions of corruption and conspiracy and no small amount of buffoonery.
—————–
THE MONEY
What would anybody in North America be doing with 24 banker’s boxes stuffed with such an exotic and difficult to deal in currency as Iraqi dinars?

There is a strange, underground allure to Iraqi money, particularly in the United States, where a mélange of conspiracy theory, shaky geopolitical ideas and biblical End Times prophecy fuels a get-rich belief that buying devalued dinars will yield huge profits when Iraq stabilizes and its currency regains value.

Proponents sometimes claim this was the real, secret reason behind the Gulf War — engineered by a cabal of war-profiteering elites — and encourage ordinary folks to get in on the anticipated bonanza. U.S. military personnel who served in Iraq, members of sovereign citizen movements who reject the laws and oversight of the state and fundamentalist Christian groups are among those who have shown particular interest in hoarding dinars.

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it Headshot-john
HandoutJohn Jagerson is a Utah-based financial analyst who has written a book about Iraqi dinar schemes.

The pitch has strong appeal for many Christian believers, said John Jagerson, a Utah-based financial analyst who has written a book about Iraqi dinar schemes. The ancient city of Babylon was in what is now Iraq and the Bible foretells the rise of Babylon preceding the second coming of Jesus Christ. Some think buying dinars will help hasten Christ’s return.

“So it is seen as an opportunity for a windfall wrapped up with spirituality, and invoking the authority of the Bible to show this is a reasonable proposition, when it really isn’t,” said Jagerson.

Most organized dinar sales schemes Jagerson has tracked, he said, are scams.
But that hasn’t stopped a scramble to claim the Canadian border stash.
—————–
THE PRIVATE EYE
As the 8,185,910,250 Iraqi dinars from the SUV were counted, the driver, Jesus Berrios, found himself in a serious pickle. Within minutes, Berrios, 53, of Daly City, Cali., was in handcuffs with his brother Jose and nephew Richard, who were with him in his SUV.

The next morning, the RCMP questioned him.

Berrios, it turned out, was a former police officer, retired from the California Highway Patrol and working as a licensed private investigator.

The story he told the Mounties began four years earlier when he met a man he called “the Overseer” of a religious group known as Jericho Outreach. Berrios described it as an Amish group in Pennsylvania that does international humanitarian work, according to the Mounties’ notes on the interrogation.

The Private Eye joined Jericho Outreach and acted as secretary and a trustee. Then, about a month before the border stop, Jericho Outreach hired Berrios to collect Iraqi dinars from supporters around the U.S., he said.

He trotted about the country collecting the bills from about 1,000 people. His family was among the investors and they helped organize and package the dinars, he said.

After all the money was gathered and sorted, he left his home in California, heading northeast, with his brother and nephew “along for the ride.”

He was to drive to Buffalo, N.Y.,  and call a fixer who would tell him where to take the money, but on his way, Berrios decided to drive into Canada to see Niagara Falls, he told police. He didn’t know he had to declare foreign currency at the border.

The three Berrios men were criminally charged with failing to declare money valued at more than $10,000, on top of eight firearms charges for the two guns and ammunition found in the SUV.

Released on bail, they returned to California, and apparently haven’t been seen this side of the border since. According to Ontario court records, there are warrants for their arrest for allegedly jumping bail and failing to appear in Windsor.
Just because he was unwilling to return to the country, however, didn’t mean the Private Eye was giving up on the dinars.

In February 2013, he had a lawyer write to the CBSA, objecting to the seizure and asking for its return.

The California Highway Patrol confirmed Berrios was an officer in 1984-92. A call to the security firm at which state records last list him as working revealed only he is “no longer with us.” He could not be reached for comment.

—————–
THE GENERAL

The dinars were still in the custody of the Canadian government and Berrios’ claim pending a year after the seizure when the CBSA received a second claim for the money, in the form of a registered letter from a mystery man.

Signing his name “General L.W.R. (Professor),” his opening volley was stern and domineering: a 72-hour “NOTICE OF DEMAND” on the letterhead of ITIG Trust, based in Hong Kong.

“I have initiated an investigation for fraud and my people have located it inside the borders of Canada where it is being detained by the CBSA,” declared the letter, dated Nov. 13, 2013. “Further investigation proves that certain unscrupulous people’s activity, even operating within my own organization, and in conjunction with certain government officials, have conspired together.”

He demanded “immediate release” of “100% of the cash assets” or he would initiate “all necessary International Financial Crimes enforcement and prosecution.”
His full identity remains a mystery. Is he a general? A professor? Both? Neither?
An email request for an interview sent to the address in the General’s “digital signature” on his demand letter was returned as undeliverable.

Neither the General nor the Private Eye would get their wish. On Feb. 24, 2014, the minister of public safety decided neither claimant had provided any legitimate explanation of the origin of the cash, so it would remain the property of the Crown.
In any event, the General’s interest in the dinars appears to have come at the last minute. A “deed of transfer” submitted in court says 8,185,910,250 Iraqi dinars were transferred to his ITIG Trust on the day of the seizure, from an organization called Noahs Ark Foundation.

That deed says it was filed and registered with the “Ecclesiastical Court of Justice, Pennsylvania.”

And that so-called court is the domain of a man named Nathan Joel Peachey.

—————–
THE JUDGE

Nathan Joel Peachey loves high-falutin’ language.

He often uses unusual word arrangements, legalese and odd capitalization, making everyday objects sound like proper nouns. He has a way of making almost any interaction sound like a legal pronouncement.

That’s also a hallmark of the anti-government “sovereign citizens” movements he has pushed in the past.

Peachey, 44, has been a leader in the Republic for the united States of America (RuSA), once the largest “sovereign citizen” group in America.
He starred in a 2010 online video encouraging citizens to opt out of the United States and join this “newly established republic here in America” that is subject to the Bible, the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, rather than the litany of laws and regulations enacted since the Civil War.

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 1219_na_smuggling-1
Credit : Handout Scene from a promotional video by Nathan Peachey uploaded in 2013 in which he pushed a fringe political belief of a 'new constitutional Republic for the United States of America.'

Before RuSA’s self-declared president, James Timothy Turner, was sentenced in 2013 to 18 years in prison for conspiracy to defraud the United States, he named Peachey the “Chief Justice for the one supreme Court.” After Turner’s arrest, it was Peachey who announced the process to select Turner’s replacement, according to multiple websites aligned with the movement.

And it is Peachey who is at the centre of the intrigue over the currency the CBSA seized. He is both “the Overseer” the Private Eye named to the RCMP and the man who authorized the transfer of the dinars to the General. So perhaps it was inevitable he would press his own claim to the eight billion dinars.
If the Private Eye’s letter was a request and the General’s a demand, the Judge’s missive might be described as a threat.

In a March 12, 2014, letter to the Canadian government, Peachey offered three options: “I choose to sit down at an appointed meeting and ‘SHED LIGHT’ on this subject matter and settle this between us like Gentleman (sic),” he wrote; or, he would “take all the investigation findings that we have and file criminal charges” and demand three times the amount of cash seized by CBSA; the third option, he wrote, was “Classified.”

He then filed a motion in the Federal Court of Canada, seeking to force the government to rescind the forfeiture.

In an email exchange with the National Post, Peachey rejected the suggestion there was anything fraudulent about his collection of billions in Iraqi currency.
“This dinar project has nothing to do with the RV (Re-Valuing) Internet scam promotions,” he told the Post.

In court filings, Peachey says Noahs Ark Foundation launched a “one-time special project” called the Dinar Exchange Project in August 2012 among “various friends, relatives, and their friends and relatives and associates.”

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 1219_na_smuggling-1_edited-1
HandoutAmong the cast of characters involved in the Iraqi cash seizure case is Tamarau Ngawhaka Kapinga O Te Rangi Puna, a New Zealander known as Tama Puna, who allegedly was to make the border crossing arrangements, seen here on his passport.

Participants transferred Iraqi dinars to one of seven trustees who assigned the money to Jericho Outreach, who in turn assigned it to Noahs Ark for exchange with ITIG.

Berrios, the private eye, was to transport, guard and deposit the dinars — and Peachey submitted a document saying Berrios was selected “by virtue of divine appointment.”

The money, Peachey said, was to be deposited in the Bank of Nova Scotia in Canada or at an institution in New York, all above board. He blames the border trouble on a conspiracy.

In court filings, both Peachey and Berrios claimed a fixer from New Zealand named Tamarau Ngawhaka Kapinga O Te Rangi Puna had told them border clearances and arrangements for the cash had been made ahead of time — a deviation from Berrios’s story to the RCMP.

Berrios was told to “take your guns along,” triggering the border stop, the filings claim.

The Post could not reach Puna for comment. Peachey wants to subpoena him to testify.

Assuming, of course, Peachey ever gets a full hearing in court.

—————–
THE COURT BATTLE

Peachey’s legal battle against the Canadian government has been unconventional.
He previously introduced himself as a “judge and a private international common-law lawyer.” He told the government he has “full attorney-in-fact powers” — a clever notation because he is not an attorney in any usual sense.

He later agreed he has no accreditation from any recognized law school or appointment by any recognized government as a judge, according to court filings.
Instead, he said, he is an “ecclesiastical judge.”

The federal court ordered him to hire a real lawyer. Peachey objected, offering an “affidavit of legal ability.”

“I am adequately knowledgeable of the Holy Bible (King James authorized version), Magna Carta 1215, Act of Settlement 1701, Paris Peace Treaty 1763, Law of Nations 1758, Canadian Bill of Rights 1960, Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms 1982,” as well as other acts, he wrote in the affidavit.

“The common law of nature and of nature’s God is the divine law-form of which all sovereigns therewith are bound to adjudicate their differences. No higher law exists.”

He also sought to subpoena Eric Holder, at the time the U.S. attorney general, and John Gerretsen, Ontario’s then-attorney general.

Peachey asked the court to keep some court filings confidential from government lawyers. He alleged the seizure was not a chance border stop, but rather a “staged seizure” by the CBSA and RCMP in a “conspiracy to fraud.”

He expressed similar concerns about privacy to the National Post.

“The free press is not a ticket or license to publish incorrect and untruthful facts and information that is under strict contractual confidentiality non-disclosure agreement,” he said in an email.

Hayder_Murtadha - The tale of a mysterious mound of Iraqi cash seized at the border, and the oddball cast that’s fighting for it 1219_na_smuggling-2
HandoutPeachey’s legal battle against the Canadian government has been unconventional.

He discouraged open reporting on the case.

“Do not publish or print your article on this Canada Dinar issue without my approval first on any or all of the facts that they are true and correct,” he demanded, after offering to write an article for the Post.

Peachey has filed unorthodox documents in court showing he authorized himself to have power over each of the organizations involved in the dinar claims: Jericho Outreach, ITIG and Noahs Ark Foundation.

In fact, according to U.S. business records, Peachey’s name is associated with 17 registered companies in Mifflinburg, Pa., a borough of 1.8 square miles and a population of fewer than 4,000. Many have biblical names akin to Noahs Ark and Jericho Outreach, including House of David Foundation, House of James Foundation and In The Word Foundation.

“No explanation is given as to what any of these entities have to do with the issues in dispute,” writes prothonotary Kevin Aalto, the court’s judicial official managing the case, about the deed of transfer entered into court records.

I doubt there is a bank in Iraq that would be willing to give up dollars in return for so much local currency

“The legal status of the applicants is unclear and there is no evidence before the court that they are subsisting entities in law in Pennsylvania or elsewhere.”

The court is still waiting to hear if Peachey has hired a lawyer to further his claims.
In the meantime, the RCMP continues to hold on to the 24 boxes of dinars as evidence until the criminal case against Berrios and his kin can resume in Windsor — which will not be until they return to Canada.

Jagerson, though, is left wondering: Why are people still fighting so hard for the boxes of dinars?

The dinars may be worth millions according to the official exchange rate, but Jagerson believes they are in reality worth very little — because that much Iraqi currency can’t be exchanged on the open foreign currency exchange.

“I doubt there is a bank in Iraq that would be willing to give up dollars in return for so much local currency,” he said.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/the-tale-of-a-mysterious-mound-of-iraqi-cash-seized-at-the-border-and-the-oddball-cast-thats-fighting-for-it

Let's remember that what this thread is about.

Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum