Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore

4 posters

Go down

The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore Empty The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore

Post by Ponee Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:12 pm

North Sentinel Island, located in the Bay of Bengal, between Myanmar and Indonesia, is home to an isolated tribe that has never been colonized or even made contact with. These people are one of the last Stone Age tribes on Earth whose culture has been completely untouched by modern civilization.

The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore Sentinelese-tribe-700x469

The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore Sentinelese-tribe1
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore North-sent

Despite the fact that the island formally belongs to India, no one dares to visit it and approach the Sentinelese tribe. The reason is their extreme violence and hostility – anyone who has ever tried to come ashore the island was attacked or even killed.

Contacts with the Sentinelese tribe

In 1896, a Hindu convict escaped from the prison but had a bad luck to ground on North Sentinel on a makeshift raft. As a result, his body was found a few days later on a beach, perforated by arrows and with the throat cut.

On August 2, 1981, when the ship Primrose ran aground on the North Sentinel Island reef, the crew noticed men on the beach who were carrying arrows and spears. The captain tried to use radio communication to ask for help, but did not receive it. Fortunately, the crew was lucky enough to be kept away from the island by the troubled waters and rescued by helicopter a few days later.

The Daily Mail: “Survival International reported late last year that it had received reports that fishermen are targeting the area, with seven men being apprehended by the Indian Coast Guard.
One of the fishermen reportedly stepped foot on the island in close proximity to the tribe’s members, and he managed to leave unscathed.

Survival International, which advocates for tribal peoples’ rights, describes the Sentinelese as ‘the most vulnerable society on the planet’ as they are likely to have no immunity to common diseases such as flu and measles.

Due to their complete isolation, the chances of them being wiped out by an epidemic are very high, according to the organization.”
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore Downed

A shipwreck resulting from a clash with the clanspeople can be seen from Google Maps

After the catastrophic Indian Ocean earthquake of 2004, the Indian government sent a helicopter to check on the Sentinelese tribe. It’s curious that the North Sentinel Island and its inhabitants were almost unaffected while some nearby islands suffered heavy damage.

When the helicopter hovered over a group of tribesmen, they were throwing stones and shooting arrows at it.

The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore Sentinell

The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore Senit
The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore North

On January 26, 2006, two men were killed when fishing illegally in the area. A coastguard helicopter tried to retrieve their bodies but was unable to land because of a shower of arrows from the locals.

What else is known about the Sentinelese tribe

The Sentinelese are believed to have lived on the island for 60,000 years! After this unthinkable period of time in isolation, it’s no surprise that they are so hostile to outsiders, which may be due to past conflicts with the outside world. In order to protect the Tribe and prevent unnecessary violence, the Indian government has also made it illegal to approach it closer than three miles.

Due to the inability to study the tribe and the island, we don’t know much about them. It is estimated that the tribe counts between 50 and 400 members and lives exclusively by hunting and gathering. Though it is difficult to observe the island from the air because of the dense tree cover, it is established that the Sentinelese are not familiar with agriculture.

Their drive to protect their culture from the outside world is probably the reason they have survived in isolation for so many years. Who knows how long they will manage to live in the middle of the ocean without having the slightest interest in the “civilized” rest of the world. And perhaps being without contact with us is a good thing.

http://themindunleashed.org/2015/07/the-people-of-this-isolated-tribe-kill-anyone-approaching-their-island.html

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore Empty Re: The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore

Post by chilimama Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:48 pm

WOW

Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. - Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
chilimama
chilimama
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore Empty Re: The People Who Live On This Island Will Kill Anyone Who Tries To Come Ashore

Post by RoyBoy Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Leave them alone, their island and they have the right to protect it. They want to live like that , so be it. That is my 2 cents worth lol
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MOJO5759 Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:48 pm

Maybe we can send Tony and Pam here for vacation....lol............MOJO

MOJO5759

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:03 am

royboy wrote:Leave them alone, their island and they have the right to protect it. They want to live like that , so be it. That is my 2 cents worth lol

That is how I feel also.  There is another island just like this somewhere else.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum