Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane

Go down

Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   Empty Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane

Post by Cascadian Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:08 pm

A 75-metre long flag is being flown from a pylon atop a hill overlooking Kobane, marking the liberation of the strategic strong-point from Islamic State militants in the Syrian city.

Pictures of the eye-catching yellow, red and green TEVDEM (Movement for a Democratic Society) flag on top of Mistenur Hill, which can be seen for miles around, have been circulating on social media.

Yesterday, it was revealed Kurdish forces now control about 70 per cent of Kobane after months of fierce fighting with ISIS.

The newly-liberated hill is a seen as a dominant position over Kobane, the road to Aleppo and roads used by ISIS to bring in troops
The Kurdish forces launched an operation a month ago to rid Kobane of ISIS terrorists. 

The newly-liberated hill is a seen as a dominant position over Kobane, the road to Aleppo and roads used by ISIS to bring in troops.

Commander Kendal told Firatnews.com that YPG and YPJ forces had defended the hill when ISIS attacked in October, and the sacrifice by Arin Mirkan symbolised the heroism displayed by the Kurdish fighters there. 

She said: 'When the gangs entered the city after taking Mistenur, we declared we would turn the city into a hell for them.

'We fought in every house, every street, shed our blood and lost our comrades. But we knew we would eventually retake Mistenur and our plans have born fruit.' 

The commander said the next stage was to rid the city of ISIS gangs,
The liberated peak of Mistenur Hill in Kobane, Syria

Biharin Kendal, a commander of the Women's Protection Units's (YPJ) - armed Kurdish fighters - told Firatnews.com the first stage of the operation to liberate the city had been completed

'We were in no doubt that we would take Mistenur, and when we did we hung up the posters of our martyrs,' he said.

'By retaking the hill we have fulfilled the wishes of Arin and our other comrades who have fallen in the struggle.'

Commander Kendal told Firatnews.com that ISIS would no longer be able to move freely on the Aleppo road or on the road leading along the border to Tel Abyad. 

She said: 'We now have control over the whole city and villages to the east and south. 

'We will now crush the gangs in the eastern neighbourhoods where they have their backs to the wall. 

'In war, when you take the most strategic point it means the end is near for the enemy.'

The morale of the Kurdish fighters is said to be at an all-time high.  

'We promise we will deliver victory to all the heroic mothers of Kurdistan who have lost children, and will continue the struggle in which our comrades have fallen to the end. 

'Kobane and the resistance will triumph,' commander Kendal added. 

Speaking yesterday, the press secretary said Kurdish forces now control about 70 per cent of Kobane, which was seen a few months ago as being near collapse, with much of it in the hands of Islamic State.
He said the advanced element of U.S. forces headed to establish training sites amounted to fewer than 100 troops.

'They're going to ... take a look at what's there and prepare for further deployments,' Kirby said.

Turkey, Qatar and Saudi Arabia have offered to host sites where U.S. forces could train members of the Syrian opposition to fight Islamic State and provide security in their home communities.  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2924906/The-flag-victory-Kurdish-fighters-fly-75-metre-flag-pylon-liberating-strategic-Syrian-strong-hold-ISIS.html#ixzz3PswSrXdr 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane   Empty Re: Kurdish fighters fly 250ft 'flag of victory' on hill over Kobane

Post by Cascadian Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:13 pm

If I recall right, it was reported two weeks ago that the Kurds had taken 80 or 85% of Kobane.

Now Admiral Kirby says that it's 70% of Kobane.

Yes, the hill was important from a tactical and psychological point.  Yes, it's nice that there's a 250 foot streamer up.  

Cutting off the ISIS fighters and trapping them in the city is going to make for a 'fight to the death' situation that is likely to be bloody, horrible and prolonged.  Turkey is on the west.  They come from the north and east.  They claim to have cut off the south.   

I wish the Kurds luck and success with a low number of casualties.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum