Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus

2 posters

Go down

Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus Empty Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Author Mustafa al-Kadhimi
Posted January 22, 2015
Translator Cynthia Milan

After the US invasion of Iraq in 2003, the most used terms in the country are likely "political consensus," "consensual democracy" and "consensual decision." However, failures on all levels are often attributed to the lack of consensus, as some believe that achieving consensus in Iraq has become impossible and that division is inevitable.

One can say that the lack of consensus between different Iraqi parties and authorities has cost the country many opportunities at recovery. One can hold the political parties accountable for not believing in consensus from the beginning, and convince them of the importance of achieving — or at least seeking to reach — a consensus.

The year 2014 will be recorded as the year of historical setbacks in Iraq. It is also the year that Iraqi parties had to accept, perhaps for the first time, the concept of consensus as the standard for the upcoming phase, as a way to ensure the country’s unity and stability.

Ever since its formation, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi’s government has adopted a method of consensus to represent all Iraqis, at a time when the country needs its citizens united on one goal, namely, to free the country from terrorism.

The current calm relations between the three key leadership figures — Abadi, President Fouad Massoum and Speaker of Parliament Salim al-Jabouri — and the ministers and deputies are an accurate reflection of the term “consensus.” This calm comes after years of standoffs between the three governmental heads, which was reflected on the political scene and the community.

Abadi, Massoum and Jabouri have witnessed a history of calm, moderation and the avoidance of political and sectarian conflicts, clearly foretelling the nature of the upcoming phase.

Though brief, the Iraqi “consensus” phase succeeded in reaching a fair agreement on oil revenues and the budget between Baghdad and the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) after years of conflict. This is a positive index to measure the possibility of reaching agreements on the basis of common interests and fair solutions.

A healthy environment generates healthy positions, as evidenced by the absence — or, rather, limited to the Iraqi political scene — of treason and accusations, as well as the presence of Sunni and Kurdish supporters of the Shiite prime minister; Shiite and Kurdish supporters of the Sunni speaker; and Arab supporters of the Kurdish president.

It is true that the country is facing the threat of the Islamic State and that the atmosphere is veering toward war, not calm — however, Iraqi achievements in this crucial moment deserve attention. Instead of leaders seeking to acquire more power and suppress freedom during times of war — or even committing massacres and eliminating opponents — Iraqi leaders are behaving differently.

In a moment that could have led to the emergence of a dictator who would have escalated the situation to a religious war, the Iraqis, with international support, were able to come to a consensus; the agreement between political blocs on the September 2014 government formation is an example of where mutual concessions can lead.

The current political consensus in Iraq has not yet produced concrete, permanent and effective legislation, and it has not yet found a solution for the country's security, legal and economic crises. However, it clearly paves the way for all of this.

Abadi has allowed parliament to reshape the 2015 federal budget to adapt to declining oil prices and for the budgetary decision to be a collective decision, not one at the expense of one party over another.

The ongoing meetings between Abadi, Massoum and Jabouri reflect the image of a team that has been absent for years among these positions. The trio's relationship has changed the widespread image that these positions are separate.

True, all this does not exceed the symbolism of "consensus" and does not extend to the deep differences that still prevail in Iraq. But key politicians showing team spirit has a positive impact on the mood of the Iraqi street, which seems optimistic despite the gravity of the ordeal.

Starting with common political ground and working toward political and social consensus in Iraq are crucial steps in the country’s history. Its decisive results will be linked to the seriousness of the Iraqi parties in extending and deepening this atmosphere.

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2015/01/iraq-consensus-three-presidencies.html#ixzz3PnJ2GksV

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus 2805820865  Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus 2805820865  Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus 2805820865  Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus Empty Re: Iraqi politicians work toward national consensus

Post by RoyBoy Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:35 pm

Abadi has done a great job of power sharing this govt together. something we have never seen before. I have high expectations coming from Iraq now with the leaders working together and trying to get this country back on it's feet in record time. If Abadi had been placed there 4 years sooner I truly do not think Isis would have been a issue now and we would not be on this forum any longer
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum