Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province

2 posters

Go down

75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province Empty 75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province

Post by Cascadian Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:20 pm

Nearly 75 per cent of the Iraqi army has left the Anbar province, a member of parliament revealed yesterday, calling on the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces Haider Al-Abadi to investigate the situation which he described as "serious".

Adel Mahlawi said during a press conference on Tuesday that the "Anbar Operations Command is fighting with only 25 per cent of its officially registered soldiers." He urged Defence Minister Khalid Al-Obeidi to visit the province and look into the battles there where the main fighting against the Islamic State (ISIS) is taking place.

The Iraqi defence minister called earlier to "build a professional army far from nepotism" stressing on the need to "eliminate sectarianism from within the military", and to select "professional and fair soldiers".

In a statement the defence ministry said: "Al-Obeidi discussed with a US military delegation the details related to arming the Iraqi army and supporting it with all it needs to continue the war on terrorism, and strengthen the bonds of cooperation between the Iraqi people."

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province Empty Re: 75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province

Post by Cascadian Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:22 pm

Cowards.  75% of them fled.  Even though ISIS hasn't advanced much in recent months.  They are so scared that they just dropped their weapons and disappeared.

Sure.  It makes sense that they want the US to come and die for their freedom.  They aren't capable of defending it themselves.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province Empty Re: 75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:46 pm

No not cowards, good men led by corrupt officers. From what I have been able to ascertain, the officers were mostly in the pockets of Maliki, and when ISIS came in they bailed, leaving their troops leaderless. I have heard allegations that they did so upon Maliki's instruction, but have not seen proof. Had the troops been well led, by honest and competent officers, they would have stood their ground.

I place a large share of the blame squarely on the shoulders of our president. He pulled our troops out not because the job was done, but because it was politically expedient to do so. In so doing, he opened the door for cronyism, and corrupt and ineffective leadership to come in. Now the people of Iraq are paying the price for his political tomfoolery.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province 2805820865  75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province 2805820865  75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province 2805820865  75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cascadian Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:51 pm

I know that corrupt officers is one of the storylines out there for the blame of the failure of the Iraqi army.   Left unspoken is what role the Non Commissioned Officers had in this.  The senior enlisted who arguably do the work and hold things together.  If they were part of the corruption, that's just more reason in my mind to let the militias and Iran have at it for a while.  You cannot build a functional army when the whole chain of command is corrupt, in my opinion.

I confess that I don't have enough information to know whether that is true or whether it's a strawman.  I could be convinced, I suppose.  And yes, I get that I might be condemning the majority for a minority's inaction here.  Until I get some indication that a renewed non-corrupt officer corps is put into place and gets people to stop running, I am inclined to stick with it.

There is no escaping the fact that the army disintegrated quickly and upon rumor.   

Something happened.  I take a darker view of it to be sure.

I can't argue with placing the blame on our current president.  Blame that is shared by Maliki to an extent.  But we did pull out to leave them on their own.  And we are seeing the result.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:57 pm

Yes, I have a bad feeling that ultimately we will pay the price in American blood.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province 2805820865  75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province 2805820865  75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province 2805820865  75% of the Iraqi army left the Anbar province 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum