Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city

Go down

New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city Empty New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city

Post by Cascadian Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:28 pm

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region - Kurdish sources said Thursday that a new fresh batch of Peshmerga forces are set to leave Erbil for Kobane in Syria to replace their counterparts who have been there since December, as the Islamic State (ISIS) has gradually lost its grip on the city. 

Kurdish military sources said the militants have now been pushed back from much of the desolate city. The commander of Peshmerga forces in Kobane told Rudaw this week that 85 percent of the city is now in the hands of Kurdish forces, which include the Peshmerga and the People’s Protection Units (YPG).

This will be the third rotation of Peshmerga in Kobane: more than 150 soldiers arrived there from Erbil in late November and they were replaced by fresh fighters the month after. 

The first batch was dispatched with semi-heavy weapons and ammunition to fight alongside the YPG Syrian Kurdish defenders of the city, which borders Turkey and would have given ISIS a strategic advantage if captured.

Fighters of the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) have been locked in daily clashes with the Islamic State extremists who still rule over large swathes of land in both Syria and central Iraq.

Authorities in Erbil have shown willingness to send more ground troops to Kobane if needed, but defenders of the city have requested ammunition and military equipment so far, as the siege enters its fourth month. 

US jets have carried out about 540 strikes in and around Kobane, degrading the artillery capability of the militants who extensively shelled the city before entering the eastern districts of the town in November.

Kurdish army sources revealed last week that around 1,000 militants of the Islamic State have been killed in the four-month long bloody siege.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city Empty Re: New Peshmerga rotation for Kobane as ISIS loses grip on besieged city

Post by Cascadian Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:30 pm

Apparently, the Peshmerga have gained a little more of Kobane.  They were at a reported 80% about a week and a half ago.

At this rate, they still have some time before Kobane is reclaimed despite their cheery pronouncements of success.  Remember, ISIS has been defeated in Kobane every week since before October.  Yet they are still in the city

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum