Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Al Jazeera: ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala

Go down

Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala Empty Al Jazeera: ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala

Post by Cascadian Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Fighters from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) have launched a series of attacks in Iraq's restive region, killing at least 23 people, including several Kurdish Peshmerga soldiers.

Sources told Al Jazeera that at least 16 Peshmerga soldiers were killed on Thursday trying to repel an ISIL attack on the Mosul Dam in Nineveh province.

The dam, located on the Tigris river, provides electricity to northwestern province of Anbar, which is under ISIL's control.

Pinpointing military and humanitarian aid from nations in the international struggle against the armed group.
In another attack, seven fighters from militias fighting against ISIL in Diyala Province were killed in the town of al- Mansuriya.

Meanwhile, in the flashpoint town of Sinjar, Peshemerga forces, backed by US-led coalition warplanes, stopped an attack on the town's southwestern side. The ISIL fighters have since mostly been driven out of the area.

The capture of Sinjar by ISIL fighters and the plight of the mostly Yazidi population there was cited by President Barack Obama as one of the reasons for the US military intervention in Iraq.

US-led forces launched 12 air strikes against the group's positions overnight on Wednesday, targeting tactical units, buildings and equipment used by the group, the Combined Joint Task Force said in a statement.

Despite nearly 5,000 bombs being dropped against the armed group, General John Allen, the US envoy for the global coalition to counter ISIL, said more time and training was needed to retake ISIL's stronghold of Mosul.

"We expect we will see the effectiveness of this force improve over time and we believe that they will be able to take back the population centres and municipalities," Allen said.

ISIL spearheaded an offensive in June last year that overran Iraq's second city Mosul and then swept through much of the country's Sunni Arab heartland including three major cities.

Iraqi soldiers and police, Kurdish forces, Shia militias and Sunni tribesmen have succeeded in regaining some ground from ISIL. But large parts of the country remain outside Baghdad's control.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Al Jazeera:  ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala Empty Re: Al Jazeera: ISIS conducting local attacks in Mosul and Diyala

Post by Cascadian Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Not large scale attacks nor are the attacks particularly devastating.  But ISIS is still in the fight, still attacking and not going away anytime soon.

So much for the gurus and their line of thinking that ISIS is not a threat and is under control.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum