Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds

Go down

Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds Empty Yazidi's reclaim villages thanks to the Kurds

Post by Cascadian Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:08 pm

As Iraq announced that it may need three years to rebuild its army to battle the Islamic State, RT visited Yazidi villages, whose resistance alongside Kurdish forces not only broke the siege of Mount Sinjar but now stand as a barrier against IS advance.

On a visit to the devastated area, RT was shown the gruesome reality of the massacre sites of Yazidi tribesmen who were slaughtered by Islamic State extremists. The odor of death, decay, and horror reign the area, which is seeing little help from the Baghdad government, after over 50,000 Yazidi residents fled this summer’s IS advances. The UN says up to 5,000 Yazidi men were executed by radicals, and 7,000 women were captured to be sold into slavery.

“From August, we have seen no Iraqi soldiers, nor any Iraqi help. It’s a huge neglect on the part of Iraq. There are peshmerga troops from Kurdistan over here, as well as other Kurdish forces of the region. They’ve already freed several northern villages,” Yazidi military commander Elis Badal told RT.

Sending reinforcements to secure Kurdish-Yazidi control over the territory might take a while, as Iraq's Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has said that building a strong Iraqi army may take up to three years.

"The most difficult thing is to restructure and build the army while you are in a state of war," Abadi told Reuters during a visit to Cairo on Sunday.

"Our aim is to create a balance between both, by restructuring the army in a way that will not impact the fighting," said Abadi. “Restructuring the army could take three years.”

And while coalition airstrikes may have helped Kurdish forces, Badal says the Islamic State is omnipresent in the country.

“We began digging up this protective ditch several days ago, to protect the villages here. We have enough forces. And, with Allah's help, we are prepared to fend off any attack by ISIS,” Badal told RT.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum