Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq. Many killed this year

3 posters

Go down

Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year Empty Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq. Many killed this year

Post by Cascadian Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:09 pm

Violence in Iraq killed more than 15,000 civilians and security personnel in 2014, government figures have shown, making it one of the deadliest years since the 2003 US-led invasion.

Figures compiled by the health, interior and defence ministries and published on Thursday put the death toll at 15,538, compared with 17,956 killed in 2007 during the height of Sunni-Shia sectarian killings.

Yet again, the Iraqi ordinary citizen continues to suffer from violence and terrorism. 2014 has seen the highest number of causalities since the violence in 2006-2007. This is a very sad state of affairs.

UN Iraq envoy, Nickolay Mladenov, said: "Yet again, the Iraqi ordinary citizen continues to suffer from violence and terrorism.

"2014 has seen the highest number of causalities since the violence in 2006-2007. This is a very sad state of affairs.".

The death toll was more than double the 6,522 people killed in 2013.

Iraq Body Count, a Britain-based NGO that tracks violence in the country, gave an even higher toll, saying that 17,073 civilians were killed, which would make it the third deadliest year since 2003.

"For Iraqis, it has been the most difficult and painful of years because of the attack of the terrorist gangs," Prime Minister Haider al-Abbadi said in a New Year's speech, referring to the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), who were said to be responsible for much of the bloodshed.

Iraq's latest violence was sparked by the demolition of the country's main Sunni Arab anti-government protest camp near Ramadi in late 2013.

The year got off to a bloody start, with the government losing control of parts of Anbar provincial capital Ramadi and all of Fallujah - just a short drive from Baghdad - to anti-government fighters.

Security forces later withdrew from areas of both cities, leaving them open for capture.

That was a harbinger of events in June, when ISIL spearheaded a major offensive that swept security forces aside.

The armed group overran Iraq's second city Mosul and then drove south towards Baghdad, before stopping short of the capital, but seizing large swathes of five provinces north and west of the city.

On Thursday, at least 40 ISIL fighters were reportedly killed in clashes with Iraqi forces in Ramadi, while another eight were killed in Fallujah.

Near the group's stronghold of Mosul, Kurdish Peshmerga forces killed 10 ISIL fighters in the village of Sultan Abdullah.

Iraqi soldiers and police, backed by Kurdish fighters, Shia militias and Sunni tribesmen have succeeded in regaining some ground from the group, but large parts of the country, including three major cities, remain outside Baghdad's control.

Source: Al Jazeera and agencies

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year Empty Re: Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq. Many killed this year

Post by RoyBoy Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:42 pm

If they would wipe out Isis , the country would have a great start on ending this BS in all sectors
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq.  Many killed this year Empty Re: Dangerous to be a civilian in Iraq. Many killed this year

Post by Terbo56 Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:44 pm

Seeing how they are towelheads, don't you mean 'camel dung'?
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBoy Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:37 pm

Naaaa I'm sure they carry camel cigarettes  over there at the local 7 eleven
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum