Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Turkey denies air base deal With USA I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Turkey denies air base deal With USA

Go down

Turkey denies air base deal With USA Empty Turkey denies air base deal With USA

Post by HezekiaH Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:42 am

Ankara (IraqiNews.com) Turkey on Monday denied it struck a deal with Washington allowing US forces to use Turkish air bases for bombing raids against Islamic State militants inside Syria but confirmed it had agreed to help train Syrian rebels.
Ankara has come under increasing Western pressure to step up assistance for the US-led coalition against IS, as Kurdish fighters battle the jihadists for the town of Kobane just a few kilometers from the Turkish border.
But the Turkish government vehemently denied statements by US officials it was allowing US forces to carry out bombing raids from the Incirlik air base in southern Turkey.
“We are holding intense negotiations with our allies. But there are not any new developments about Incirlik,” Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc told reporters after a cabinet meeting in Ankara.
The US air force already uses the Incirlik base for logistical and humanitarian purposes but would need additional authorization from Ankara to launch bombing raids.
“There is no new agreement with the United States about Incirlik,” an official, who asked not to be named, told AFP earlier in Ankara.
“Negotiations are continuing” based on conditions Turkey had previously laid out such as a safe zone inside Syria backed up by a no-fly zone, the official added.
A senior US defense official said Sunday that Turkey had granted the US forces access to its air bases, including Incirlik, for the bombing campaign against IS.
“Details of usage are still being worked out,” the US official told AFP on condition of anonymity.
However in a barb at the US, Arinc said: “Different people can make different statements that go beyond their purpose or with the intention of satisfying their own public.”
Located in southern Turkey in Adana province a short distance from the Syrian border, Incirlik would be an ideal start point for US forces to launch air strikes against IS inside Syria.

Wealth is what you have when all your money is gone!!!
HezekiaH
HezekiaH
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum