Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’

Go down

Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ Empty Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’

Post by Kevind53 Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:18 am

By RUDAW 9 hours ago

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region—Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani has called for stepped up international military and humanitarian intervention to protect civilians and stop Islamic State (IS) militants from seizing control of Kobane in Syria.

“Barzani urges countries that are fighting IS to help the people and fighters of Kobane in their fight against the terrorist ISIS,” Barzani’s Chief of Staff, Fuad Hussein, said in a statement in reference to IS.

Barzani has described the IS invasion of Kobane as a “massacre” against the Kurdish people and is closely following the situation in Kobane, Hussein said.

The call came as IS fighters surrounded Kobane, a Kurdish majority city strategically located on Turkey’s border. Several thousand fighters from the Kurdish Syrian Peoples Protection Units (YPG) have been fighting the militants with light weapons for nearly a month and are now engaged in street battles with IS.

On Tuesday night, the US-led coalition bombarded IS positions in an air offensive that provided some relief for Kurdish fighters.

However, activists say YPG is outgunned by IS and many military analysts believe it’s a matter of time before the city falls to extremists.

The KRG's Ministry of Peshmerga Affairs said last month it was prepared to send forces and weaponry to Kobane but cannot reach the city, which is bordered by IS strongholds.

The Turkish Milliyet newspaper reported on Tuesday that the Kurdish president had asked Turkey to allow Peshmerga forces to reach Kobane and help defend the city against the Islamist militants.

The newspaper didn't say if the Turkish government had agreed to Barzani’s request. In Turkey, at least 12 protesters were killed Tuesday in Kurdish protests against Ankara’s passive response to the IS assault on Kobane.

Hussein also said that Barzani has asked the international community to help residents of Kobane who have fled the fighting in their town and taken refuge across the border in Turkey. More than 180,000 Syrians, mostly Kurds, have fled to Turkey in recent days.

“In these terrible times the president and people of the Kurdistan Region stand by their sisters and brothers in Kobane and Rojava,” said Hussein, in reference to the Kurdish-majority areas of Syria.

Barzani’s appeal is the second since the IS militants began their attack on the Kurdish border town last month.

“We also appeal to the international community to take urgent and necessary measures to protect people and Kobane in western Kurdistan from terrorists wherever they are, because

they will not hesitate to commit crimes and  atrocities,” Barzani warned on the first day of attacks on Kobane last month.

http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/08102014

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ 2805820865  Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ 2805820865  Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ 2805820865  Barzani Calls for Intervention to Prevent Kobane ‘Massacre’ 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum