Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate Useless?

3 posters

Go down

Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? Empty Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate Useless?

Post by livingintheloop69 Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:19 am

3 Reasons Your Iraqi Dinar Certificate Of Authenticity COA, Isn't Worth The Paper It's Printed On

Iraqi Dinar and Certificates of Authenticity or COA's as they are often referred to. What are they and what purpose do they serve? There seems to be a lot of mis-conceptions of what a COA is and what it proves or will it be necessary at a later date to sell your Dinar to a bank or currency exchange, or even another individual. Today we're going to discuss reasons COA's aren't what you might think they are.

Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? 20140110_225440+(1)

1. Paper Certificates Cannot Be Definitively Linked To Notes

After having bought Dinar from a wide array of Iraqi Dinar dealers and having seen numberous COA's one thing all these COA's lack is any way to tie this particular Dinar to a particular certificate. In order to prove a COA went with notes the COA should make some mention of the order number or customer and the serial numbers of the notes which went out with that order. That would prove the notes go with a COA. Otherwise, all someone needs is any notes whether counterfeit or real and they can claim they are tied to a COA from a particular dealer.

So why don't dealers do this? Well probably first off because it's not necessary but more importantly it would be a nightmare having to keep all those logs and records, even on small orders of say 50,000 Dinar. The numbers being arabic complicate matters even more.

If Certificates really had any value they themselves should probably have some security features and have numbers so they can be linked to a customer and controlled on how they are given out. No dealers COA's are like the hypothetical COA's we mentioned here so they really don't truly prove they are linked to the notes.
Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? Certificate1
2. A COA Is Not & Will Not Be Required To Sell Dinar

When you deposit cash into the bank are you asked for a COA? Of course not. When you return from a vacation outside of the US, do you have to show a COA to sell off your leftove Euros, Canadian Dollars, or Mexican Pesos? Of course not. A COA will not be required to sell Dinar either, nor is it currently.

If you go to sell your Dinar to an individual, bank, currency exchange, or even ebay nobody is going to care you have a COA. A bank for example will want to check security features on the note themselves but could care less what some dinar seller they've never met and know nothing about sends out with them. A COA doesn't matter when selling Dinar or any other currency.

3. COA's Are Issued By The Seller

COA's are issued by the Dinar seller themselves, the person selling you the currency. Unlike with coins or sports memorbilia where things are graded or authenticated by an unbiased third party company who has no reason to lie, with Dinar, the person selling you the Dinar is also issuing the COA. Of course they are telling you it's real.

Let's take a car purchase as an example. If your buying a car at a used car dealership what are you going to do? Are you going to take the car to an unbiased third party mechanic of your own to give you an honest opinion or are you going to ask the dealer who's selling you the care, hey this is a good car right? Will you check it out for me? Of course you want a third party.

Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? Hqdefault

This article is not meant to knock COA's or dealers who issue them, it's actually a nice thing for dealers to do. It shows they stand behind their product and are willing to issue a gurantee and put their company name and logo out there and on that gurantee. It's also kind of a nice novelty or keepsake to have. If you give as a gift it's nice. COA's however really have no practical value and will not be needed to sell your Dinar currently or at a later date. It started out as kind of a marketing gimmick by dealers and has become the normal practice. There seem to be a lot of mis-information about what they are and what purpose they serve so we wanted to set the record straight.

livingintheloop69
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? Empty Re: Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate Useless?

Post by Kevind53 Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:02 am

Totally agree ... I guarantee that the proof of authenticity that matters will be the features in/on the bill itself. The bank or dealer will check them for authenticity when you bring them in. The only possible use I see is as proof of date of purchase for tax purposes if, as I suspect might happen, the proceeds are counted as capital gains.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? 2805820865  Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? 2805820865  Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? 2805820865  Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate  Useless? Empty Re: Article About Certificates Sorta Interesting - Is your Dinar Authenticity Certificate Useless?

Post by RoyBoy Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:45 pm

I have many of these , and yes they came from Dinar trade and each one is the same as the others he has sent me. I just keep my copy of the bank check I sent for each order for the tax man if and when I re-sell the dinar for capital gains tax bracket
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum