Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office

Go down

Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office Empty Re: Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office

Post by Ponee Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:47 am

Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office
BAGHDAD Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:07am EST

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize
Iraq's ailing President Talabani on road to recovery: office ?m=02&d=20131211&t=2&i=819410687&w=580&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=CBRE9BA138W00

Iraqi President Jalal Talabani speaks at a news conference following his meeting with Director of U.S. Foreign Assistance and USAID Administrator Ambassador Randall L. Tobias in the heavily fortified Green Zone in Baghdad May 25, 2006.

Credit: Reuters/Ali Haider/Pool

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, who suffered a stroke a year ago, is on his way to a full recovery in Germany, his office said on Wednesday, publishing photos of him with his wife.

Talabani's doctor has repeatedly said the 80-year-old is responding to treatment in Germany, but rumors about his condition have been rife. Many Iraqis believe he is too frail to return to political life.

In the official photographs, dated December 8, Talabani is shown in casual clothes, sitting at a table talking to his wife. In one image he gestures with his left hand when in conversation.

Talabani has "passed through the important stages of the treatment", a statement on the presidency's website said, citing his doctor, who said the Kurdish statesman was "on the way to a full recovery."

As president, Talabani has used his extensive connections to help mediate disputes between Iraq's Sunni Muslim, Shi'ite and ethnic Kurdish factions, which have worsened since the withdrawal of U.S. troops in December 2011.

Talabani is also leader of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, which co-governs the autonomous Kurdistan region in northern Iraq. His absence has raised questions about the party's future and shaken political life in the self-ruling territory.

A veteran of the Kurdish guerrilla movement, Talabani survived wars, exile and infighting in northern Iraq to become the country's first Kurdish president a few years after the U.S.-led invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein in 2003.

In May, his office released the first photographs of him since the stroke, showing him seated outdoors at a table with people dressed in white medical coats.

He had suffered ill-health during most of 2012, going abroad for medical treatment abroad several times before the stroke.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/11/us-iraq-president-health-idUSBRE9BA0LT20131211

(Reporting by Sylvia Westall; Editing by Alistair Lyon)

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum