Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ? And does it matter ?

4 posters

Go down

Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? Empty Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ? And does it matter ?

Post by Blexum Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:32 am

Frank said he believes that Kuwait is in control of Chapter 7.  I was under the impression that Iraq was OUT of Capter 7.  Of course when I commented on that little piece of brilliance, Recaps wouldn't print it.
Blexum
Blexum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? Empty Re: Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ? And does it matter ?

Post by Ponee Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:36 am

Well, based on articles, it seems that they are only PARTIALLY out of  Chapter 7 .

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? Empty Re: Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ? And does it matter ?

Post by Blexum Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:54 am

How is it possible to be partially out of Chapter 7?
Blexum
Blexum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Blexum wrote:How is it possible to be partially out of Chapter 7?

Blexum, it has to do with the weapons embargo......   Below is an article that may answer that for you.....

U.N. council brings Iraq closer to end of 1990s sanctions

UNITED NATIONS | Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:16am EDT

(Reuters) - The U.N. Security Council brought Iraq one step closer on Thursday to ending United Nations sanctions imposed on Baghdad more than two decades ago after former President Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait In 1990.

The 15-member council unanimously agreed that the issue of missing Kuwaiti people, property and archives should be dealt with under Chapter 6 of the U.N. Charter - which urges countries to peacefully resolve any conflicts - instead of Chapter 7.

Chapter 7 of the charter allows the Security Council to authorize actions ranging from sanctions to military intervention if states do not abide by council demands.

The move by the council is a significant political boost for Baghdad as it struggles to restore its international standing a decade after a U.S.-led invasion of Iraq toppled Saddam in 2003.

The Security Council resolution recognized "the importance of Iraq achieving international standing equal to that which it held prior to (1990)." U.S.-led troops drove Iraq out of Kuwait in the 1991 Gulf War.

The only issues linked to Iraq's invasion of Kuwait that remain under Chapter 7 are an arms embargo and Baghdad's payment of $52 billion in compensation to Kuwait, diplomats say. Iraq still owes $11 billion and has said it expects to pay by 2015.

There are still a range of Chapter 7 issues imposed on Baghdad after Saddam's ouster in 2003, diplomats say, including the freeze and return of Saddam-era assets and trade ban on stolen Iraqi cultural property.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has recommended that the U.N. political mission in Iraq should take responsibility for facilitating the search for missing Kuwaitis, or their remains, property and the country's national archives.

(Reporting by Michelle Nichols; Editing by Doina Chiacu)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/27/us-iraq-kuwait-un-idUSBRE95Q0V720130627

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:09 pm

Basically, most of Chapter 7 has been dealt with, which now puts them into Chapter 6.   We as dinarians now need to educate ourselves as to WHAT  Chapter 6 means means.....

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Truthfully, after learning more about Chpater 7, I don't believe it was or is the magic key to the RV... does it help move the process along ? Yes, but it isn't the HOT  BUTTON for the RV like the Roos pump it up to be... as usual.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:11 pm

Chapter 6 is very simple. It is the rules for the peaceful settlement of disputes between nations. Under Chapter 6, the UN acts in an advisory role only.

I totally agree that Chapter 7 had a thing to do with the RV. For one, the economic sanctions were released several years ago, 2010, if I remembering correctly. It was good for Iraq, but it did not delay or advance anything as far as we are concerned.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? 2805820865  Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? 2805820865  Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? 2805820865  Frank's New One-- are they or are they not out of Chapt 7 ?  And does it matter ? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Giant + 1 for Kevin !

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:43 pm

ponee i have the mjic key but i am under an nda so i cannot tell you ha ha
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:47 pm

AWE COME ON JAYZZE !!!! You can TRUST ME!

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:57 pm

ponee i will think about it but i will have to talk to clyde about it
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum