Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq?

Go down

How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq? Empty How Could Anyone Feel Cheated In Iraq?

Post by Di Narino Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:43 am

This is an article that, by some interpretation, could be perceived as an indication that the HCL is not done. Kirkuk is screaming about the fact that they are not receiving their "fair share" of the oil money. (Has Obama been over there talking to those people?). They present specific dollar amounts due based on reported production. These specific dollar amounts appear to have been calculated based upon whatever is laid out in the legislation referred to in the article as "Article 94 of Iraq's Law of 2004". Based on this information, one could easily draw a conclusion that the HCL that we await is not what they are currently operating under. The HCL may have been through however many readings, but it in fact has not passed as of yet. It could sit there forever! Not long ago I posted, what I would categorize as a fairly credible article which talked about, and may have been titled, "The Do Nothing Parliament". This article, if accurate, says this Parliament has done "JACK", and I believe it. One possible avenue of thought would be to consider the fact that after the upcoming Parliamentary elections the HCL, or some version of it, along with many of the other pieces of significant legislation, have a much better chance of passing with less impediment through Parliament. The success to this thought could/would be dictated by how successful Mr. Hakim is with his "Unified Iraq" campaign and whether or not he practices what he has preached should he be awarded the position. All eyes at this point should be on Mr. Hakim and the alliances forming around him. CBI "stuff" is important too, but the politics at this time are much bigger.

Kirkuk Officials Feel Cheated on Oil Revenues

By Hiwa Hussamadin

KIRKUK, Kurdistan Region – Officials in the oil-rich city of Kirkuk complain that even though a large share of Iraq’s oil is extracted from fields in their province, the government in Baghdad does not return their fair share of revenues, to develop public services.

“This problem has been discussed with the Iraqi finance ministry but unfortunately it has all been fruitless so far,” Ahmad Askari, an official in Kirkuk’s Public Projects Committee, told Rudaw.

Local authorities in Kirkuk say that in the first quarter of this year more than 35 million barrels of oil have been taken from the province’s oilfields, and that the provincial council was expected to receive $37 million as its share of oil money.

But Baghdad has allocated only $43 million for this entire year, says Askari.

Article 94 of Iraq’s law of 2004, drafted under the American civil administrator Paul Bremer, stipulates that each province is entitled to a fair amount of Iraq’s oil money on an annual basis.

Diler Qadir, a member of Iraq’s parliamentary financial committee, believes that this budget can change from one year to the next. Qadir says that Kirkuk has always received its due amount of money from Baghdad.

“The difference in the budget allocation from one year to another depends on the amount of oil revenue,” he says.

Qadir adds that insurgent attacks on pipelines, which happen from time to time, decrease the country’s oil exports dramatically.

Iraq’s deputy finance minister Fazil Nabi defends his ministry’s budget planning, saying, “Our current economic system is flawless. So far, the petrodollar budget of all provinces, including Kirkuk, is fully paid.”

Najat Hussein, a member of the Kirkuk Oil & Gas Committee, suggests that the central government should pay Kirkuk’s oil share on a monthly basis.

“Oil export from Kirkuk is more than 800,000 barrels a day,” he said. “If we get our money every month, we can have more than $290 million a year.”

Shalaw Muhammed, a journalist based in Kirkuk, says his province’s frustration over the oil money is rooted in the lack of transparency in Iraq’s oil revenue.

“Also, the governor of Kirkuk has merged the province’s three different budgets into one general budget, which makes it hard to assess each budget separately,” he says.

http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/06062013
Di Narino
Di Narino
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum