Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
About UNAMI I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

About UNAMI

Go down

About UNAMI Empty About UNAMI

Post by IQD4US Fri May 03, 2013 2:28 am

http://unami.unmissions.org/Default.aspx?tabid=2832&language=en-US

Mandate

About UNAMI

The United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) is a political mission established by the 2003 UN Security Council Resolution 1500 at the request of the Government of Iraq. It has been on the ground ever since, with its role greatly expanded in 2007 with the passage of Resolution 1770.

UNAMI is mandated to advise and assist the Government and people of Iraq on a number of fronts. This includes advancing inclusive, political dialogue and national reconciliation, assisting in the electoral process and in the planning for a national census, facilitating regional dialogue between Iraq and its neighbours, and promoting the protection of human rights and judicial and legal reform.

The mandate also tasks UNAMI with working with government partners and civil society to coordinate the humanitarian and development efforts of the UN agencies, funds and programmes, under the leadership of the Deputy Special Representative of the Secretary-General for development and humanitarian support who is also the Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator in Iraq. While UNAMI itself does not implement or deliver humanitarian and development programmes, it recognizes the critical importance of supporting the partnership and technical cooperation between the Government of Iraq and the 20 UN agencies, funds and programmes operating in the country.

UNAMI is headed by the Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Iraq who is supported by two deputies. One deputy oversees the political and human rights affairs, while the other oversees the UN humanitarian and development efforts and performs the functions of Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator in Iraq.

The Mission is administered by the UN’s Department of Political Affairs and supported by the Department of Peacekeeping Operations, as well as the Department of Field Support.

UNAMI mandate

Through its resolution 2061, adopted on 25 July 2012, the Security Council extended the mandate of UNAMI until 31 July 2013. The Mission is mandated “as circumstances permit” and “at the request of the Government of Iraq” to:

1. Advise support and assist the Government of Iraq in:

1. advancing their inclusive, political dialogue and national reconciliation;
    2. development of processes for holding elections and referenda;
    3. constitutional review and the implementation of constitutional provisions;
    4. development of processes acceptable to the Government of Iraq to resolve disputed internal boundaries;
    5. facilitating regional dialogue, including on issues of border security, energy, and refugees;
    6. planning, funding and implementing reintegration programmes for former members of illegal armed groups;
    7. initial planning for the conduct of a comprehensive census;

2. Promote, support, and facilitate, in coordination with the Government of Iraq:

1. The coordination and delivery of humanitarian assistance and the safe, orderly, and voluntary return, as appropriate;
    2. The implementation of the International Compact with Iraq, including coordination with donors and international financial institutions;
    3. The coordination and implementation of programmes to improve Iraq’s capacity to provide essential services for its people and continue active donor coordination of critical reconstruction and assistance programmes through the International Reconstruction Fund Facility for Iraq (IRFFI);
    4. Economic reform, capacity-building and the conditions for sustainable development, including through coordination with national and regional organizations and, as appropriate, civil society, donors, and international financial institutions;
    5. The development of effective civil, social and essential services, including through training and conferences in Iraq when possible;
    6. The contributions of United Nations agencies, funds, and programmes to the objectives outlined in this resolution under a unified leadership of the Secretary-General through his Special Representative for Iraq;

3. And also promote the protection of human rights and judicial and legal reform in order to strengthen the rule of law in Iraq;
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

About UNAMI Empty Re: About UNAMI

Post by IQD4US Fri May 03, 2013 9:52 am

If you are NOT reading REAL NEWS you will be taken in by every piece of "guru BS" that comes out - because YOU will not re able to recognize where they get the information they twist to create the hype....
IQD4US
IQD4US
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum