Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Some questions about this RV we are waiting for.

5 posters

Go down

Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. Empty Some questions about this RV we are waiting for.

Post by ibcraig0 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Why did Bush push so hard for us to go into Iraq and take out Saddam Hissein?

Wasn’t it enough that we went to Kuwait and kicked his butt back to Iraq, why did we have to go into Iraq and take him out?

Bush’s big push was weapons of mass destruction. None were ever found. Why did we stay almost ten years after taking him out and no WMDs were found?

Why did Bush say “this war will pay for itself”?

Why did we invest billions of dollars, thousands of American lives, and almost a decade in Iraq?

It is officially stated in UN documents that the US is the lead country on the Iraq issues, but the UK is the lead country for the issues between Iraq and Kuwait. Wouldn’t you think then that it would be up to the UK ultimately to say when the Chapter 7 sanctions are lifted since Chapter 7 is all about resolving problems between Iraq and Kuwait?

It is stated in the UNSC report on Iraq that Iraq plans to print the new money in September 2012 and that the currency resolutions are to begin January 2013. Why are we even looking for an RV before January 2013 then?

Where is there any official statement by the UN or anyone else that states that the Chapter 7 sanctions are associated with their currency reforms?

What exactly are the Chapter 7 sanctions? Iraq is selling oil, millions of barrels a day and they have been for a very long time. Are the sanctions then only on their domestic products that they would export, not including oil and natural gas?

Aren’t Chapter 7 sanctions something of a financial punishment to Iraq for invading Kuwait? If Iraq has sanctions imposed under Chapter 7, and those sanctions restrict Iraq’s international trade on certain products, would it not follow then that until Chapter 7 is lifted they will not be allowed to have a currency that is traded and recognized internationally? If they continue to have sanctions imposed restricting their international trade, would that not also include their currency? Why are we even wasting time looking for an RV of their currency until Chapter 7 sanctions are lifted then?

Back in November of 2011 most people involved in this thought there was no way in this world we would be still waiting for Iraq to revalue their currency in June of 2012. Here we are in the middle of June 2012 and it does not appear that a revaluation of Iraq’s currency is any closer than it was back then. Oh sure there are lots of things happening and lots of news, but the official word from Iraq continues to be that they will print the new currency in September 2012 and begin the lifting of the zeros from the currency in January 2013. Are we just fooling ourselves looking for a revaluation of the dinar before January 2013?

In reading reports from the UNSC, it is stated several times that the possibility of Chapter 7 sanctions being lifted from Iraq when they meet June 15th is not very good. One report stated that the chance of Chapter 7 being lifted in June 2012 is about 25%. In viewing the way the government is running things right now it looks like a movie of The Three Stooges. If the government has to be organized and working together before Chapter 7 is lifted, is there much possibility of that happening this month? Is it possible that they will suddenly put aside all their differences and miraculously begin working together if Chapter 7 is lifted on the 15th?

Please don't hate on me, these are questions I am asking myself and I don't have the answers to so all I am looking for is input from you guys who know a lot more than I do about all this.
ibcraig0
ibcraig0
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. Empty Re: Some questions about this RV we are waiting for.

Post by ou812 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Ive been in this for seven years now, i didnt think i would be here six
months after getting in.

ou812
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. Empty Re: Some questions about this RV we are waiting for.

Post by chevysteve Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:57 pm

ibcraig0.... Great article with straight to the point questions. You're right, there sure are a lot of questions unanswered. Wish I had the answer's but, I don't.

I know one thing for sure, there is no way it can go beyond next year at this time!!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
chevysteve
chevysteve
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm

As to Chapter 7, the only sanctions remaining have zero to do with currency, finance, or trade. Those sections were removed years ago. The only parts remaining have to do with reestablishment of borders (essentially completed), return of war dead, and artifacts removed, (about as completed as is humanly possible it this point,) and reparations, (mostly completed and basically on auto pilot now). Internal stability? Nope. Currency RV/RI/RD? Nope. HCL, Arbil, GOI? Nope, nope and nope.

As far as WMD, I suspect, but can not prove that they made it into Syria in the days before the invasion ... It would be easy enough to do, and there is circumstantial evidence pointing toward that possibility ... no smoking gun, no hard evidence, but enough to make things suspicious.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. 2805820865  Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. 2805820865  Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. 2805820865  Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ibcraig0 Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks Kevin for your insight. So as far as Chapter 7 goes, those sanctions are international trade sanctions, right? Kind of like what is being done to Iran right now? I understand that most of Chptr 7 has been completed, but it was originally set up as a punishment for what they did to Kuwait, right or not?
ibcraig0
ibcraig0
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Nope the international trade sanctions part was lifted a couple of years ago ... what is left has nothing to do with that. Not sure I would use punishment ...but yea kinda ... Iraq and Kuwait have been working very closely on the parts that remain in effect, and Kuwait has indicated they are very pleased with what has been accomplished.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. 2805820865  Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. 2805820865  Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. 2805820865  Some questions about this RV we are waiting for. 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ibcraig0 Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:31 pm

OK, thanks that helps me understand better. I hope you don't mind me picking your brain. If the international trade sanctions have already been lifted what sanctions remain that are making Iraq work so hard to get Chapter 7 lifted?

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions and I'm sure that they are helping more people than just me, so thanks again.
ibcraig0
ibcraig0
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:40 pm

ibcraigo, I will try and asnwer some of this. My responses will be in red. (odviously)

ibcraig0 wrote:Why did Bush push so hard for us to go into Iraq and take out Saddam Hissein?
Saddam BY HIS OWN word was a security threat to both the U. S. and that of Isreal. Plus a ongoing threat to the general security of the entire region. Again his words...He also did say infatically that he posessed WMD's. At what point would YOU not wish to take a dictatorial meglamaniac at his word? Is my question for you. Then also add in the inside threat (that BTW was carried out more than once against the people who lived in Iraq in an "ethnic cleansing" fashion. Again by his own word and action.
Wasn’t it enough that we went to Kuwait and kicked his butt back to Iraq, why did we have to go into Iraq and take him out?
NO it wasn't enough. Please see above. Second part of the Q ...Please see above
Bush’s big push was weapons of mass destruction. None were ever found. Why did we stay almost ten years after taking him out and no WMDs were found?
That is a 2 fold question, Here goes. First the Bush security team (ie CIA and the like) said to the President that there were WMD's in Iraq, Part at least came from here Pure Fact, Part came from the Soviets and from theft and / or black market avenues, again proven fact! Which at this point begs again the question ...At what point would YOU not wish to take a dictatorial meglamaniac at his word?
Why did Bush say “this war will pay for itself”?
Because it has and will thats why. First it paid for itself by the very fact we were there concentrated the bulk of Alqeida in one spot half way around the world, keeping them abroad instead of Los Angeles, New York, or Miami. Countless American lives were quite posibly saved in this portion alone. Second those pesky oil credits we have heard about. Those "credits" are not kust guru trash but have been mentioned in the main stream media plenty of times. The difference in the "spot" price vs the paid price of oil is a very large difference, Then again add the fact that so many "terrorist's" and so much "network" has been dismantled to keep them off, or at least farther from the capability to make wanton distruction here and abroad for Americans. (not completely but tons better)
Why did we invest billions of dollars, thousands of American lives, and almost a decade in Iraq?
Please read all of the above
It is officially stated in UN documents that the US is the lead country on the Iraq issues, but the UK is the lead country for the issues between Iraq and Kuwait. Wouldn’t you think then that it would be up to the UK ultimately to say when the Chapter 7 sanctions are lifted since Chapter 7 is all about resolving problems between Iraq and Kuwait?
The master plan, concieved (in actuality) by the U.S.working with the U.N. and the Brittish one could say split some of the designates to allow a more "United front" for all the world to see so as to lessen the "posibility" that the entire world sees this as "only American" Here is a question for you. Please do tell what country what group, what sect, anywhere in the world other than Iran has denounced these actions by the world community to undertake and complete this mission of the removal of the bath party and Saddam? OTHER THAN the mamby pamby liberal tail tucked whinners who have not a clue what it is about to uphold freedom that live right here in the U.S. and take advantage of those freedoms every single day and still carry disregard for the same freedom. It is not all about Kuwait but Kuwait is a big part.
It is stated in the UNSC report on Iraq that Iraq plans to print the new money in September 2012 and that the currency resolutions are to begin January 2013. Why are we even looking for an RV before January 2013 then?
This is one of those you would need to ask a guru LOL. Anyway, I tend to be of the opinion that those "lower denoms" are and have been printed a long time ago but for your answer no this part we shall see is really the best answer. sorry.
Where is there any official statement by the UN or anyone else that states that the Chapter 7 sanctions are associated with their currency reforms?
This one is definately all guru speak, unless someone wishes to correct me I would be very welcome to hear the answer. Chapter 7 as far as I am concerned comes down to Iraq getting all their stuff in one sock and keeping it there to be released from chapter 7. IMO
What exactly are the Chapter 7 sanctions? Iraq is selling oil, millions of barrels a day and they have been for a very long time. Are the sanctions then only on their domestic products that they would export, not including oil and natural gas?
Originally punitive restrictions to limit how much money Iraq can actually
"profit" from ANY market sales to the world markets. Any and all profits were to exclusively be used for humanitarian needs like food and medicine. These restrictions have been relaxed over the years and have become more flexable but still hold Iraq out of the world market in an entirity, partial allowances are for expansion of utilities and infrastructure currently. Yes these continued restrictions have definately held Iraq to mostly oil and gas exports as sole income for the most part FOR NOW! Once full release has been accomplished Iraq will move into other markets such as agriculture to name one, where their product(s) will be able to be sold on the world market.
Aren’t Chapter 7 sanctions something of a financial punishment to Iraq for invading Kuwait? If Iraq has sanctions imposed under Chapter 7, and those sanctions restrict Iraq’s international trade on certain products, would it not follow then that until Chapter 7 is lifted they will not be allowed to have a currency that is traded and recognized internationally? If they continue to have sanctions imposed restricting their international trade, would that not also include their currency? Why are we even wasting time looking for an RV of their currency until Chapter 7 sanctions are lifted then?
This can both be accomplished at the same time but I am under the impression that chapter 7 will not stop an RV just keep them (again) off the complete world stage IMO I may be a bit off on this one and would love to see evidence to the contrary.
Back in November of 2011 most people involved in this thought there was no way in this world we would be still waiting for Iraq to revalue their currency in June of 2012. Here we are in the middle of June 2012 and it does not appear that a revaluation of Iraq’s currency is any closer than it was back then. Oh sure there are lots of things happening and lots of news, but the official word from Iraq continues to be that they will print the new currency in September 2012 and begin the lifting of the zeros from the currency in January 2013. Are we just fooling ourselves looking for a revaluation of the dinar before January 2013?
The first part of this is easy Stop listening to the guru's for your answers. The second part you already asked once.
In reading reports from the UNSC, it is stated several times that the possibility of Chapter 7 sanctions being lifted from Iraq when they meet June 15th is not very good. One report stated that the chance of Chapter 7 being lifted in June 2012 is about 25%. In viewing the way the government is running things right now it looks like a movie of The Three Stooges. If the government has to be organized and working together before Chapter 7 is lifted, is there much possibility of that happening this month? Is it possible that they will suddenly put aside all their differences and miraculously begin working together if Chapter 7 is lifted on the 15th?
Anything is possible, Who is to say that the needed remedys have not already been completed? But this all comes down to management. Not to toot my own horn here but read this and it may give you some instght toward an answer for you, http://dinardaily.forumotion.com/t21881-where-is-iraq-and-what-are-we-really-looking-at
Please don't hate on me, these are questions I am asking myself and I don't have the answers to so all I am looking for is input from you guys who know a lot more than I do about all this.

Never a problem in asking questions. That is how we learn. Always remember kindergarten when the teacher said "the only stupid question is either an unasked one or one you know the answer to" Thanks for asking and I hope this helps some.

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Well to try and answer .... From UN Resolution 1483 (2003) 10. Decides that, with the exception of prohibitions related to the sale or supply to Iraq of arms and related materiel other than those arms and related materiel required by the Authority to serve the purposes of this and other related resolutions, all prohibitions related to trade with Iraq and the provision of financial or economic resources to Iraq established by resolution 661 (1990) and subsequent relevant resolutions, including resolution 778 (1992) of 2 October 1992, shall no longer apply ... http://daccess-dds-ny.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N03/368/53/PDF/N0336853.pdf?OpenElement

I don't have the time to search out all the articles, but what sanctions remain all have to with reparations, restoration of the borders, and return of MIA/KIA/POW War prizes and artifacts removed by Sadam.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ibcraig0 Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:11 pm

Wow thanks Rick!!! I have to say that I thought I knew some of the answers to my questions, and your answers confirmed what I thought but this has been such a confusing ride that I wasn't sure if what I thought was really the way it was.

I haven't been very successful in finding good solid information from back when this all started and your explanation on the sanctions connected some dots for me. For example I have heard oil for food mentioned many times but I didn't really understand what it meant. Now I do.

So if I understand you correctly, even if Iraq does RV their currency while still under Chapter 7 they won't really benefit from it until Chapter 7 is fully lifted. That makes sense too and it also explains, at least in my mind, why they haven't really been in a big hurry to RV. Of course, if they had RV'd and increased the country's wealth the people of Iraq would have benefited with much needed basic services like electricity and water, but then it doesn't look like some of the top players in their government are that worried so much about the people as they are about themselves. I am not faulting them for that, our own politicians play that game too and I'm sure many politicians in most countries of the world do as well.

Anyway I want to thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I feel like I have a better understanding of what is going on over there now. I have read as much as I could find about Iraq, but so much of it is so confusing that after over a year of studying I felt more confused than when I started. So thanks a lot!!!!
ibcraig0
ibcraig0
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ibcraig0 Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Thanks Kevin. Between you and Rick I feel like I understand this much better. You guys are awesome to give so freely of your time here moderating and answering questions and I for one am very grateful to you and all the other mods for all you do and for the service you provide to us. You are truly selfless people and an example to all of Christ like service to others.
ibcraig0
ibcraig0
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum