Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII

Go down

VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII Empty VIETNAM Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII

Post by 1alaskan Mon May 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Standard Chartered predicts 10.9 pct inflation in QII

VietFinanceNews.com - Standard Chartered Bank has forecast that the nation’s inflation rate in the second quarter will ease to 10.9 percent, before dropping back into single-digit territory in the third and fourth quarters.

Inflation in March fell to 14.1 percent from a peak of 23 percent last August, the bank noted.

Moderated inflationary pressure, coupled with an improved balance of trade and foreign reserves, should provide the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) with ammunition for further interest rate cuts during the rest of the year, said the bank. They also predicted that the refinance rate would be cut to 12 percent this second quarter and to 11 percent by the end of the year.

“This is broadly in line with the State Bank of Vietnam’s target of reducing policy rates by 1 percent each quarter this year, given that inflation continues to slow,” a spokesperson for the Bank said. Following its first rate cut this year in March, the State Bank again cut key rates on April 10. The refinance rate sits at 13 percent, while the discount rate is down to 11 percent.

The policy of keeping rates low to cool inflation has been effective, but there was an added need to keep the economy from losing momentum this year.

Rate cuts signal that economic growth is gradually becoming once again a policy focus for the State Bank, following 12 months of a price-stability drive.

State Bank Governor Nguyen Van Binh has said that growth this year was expected at around 5.5-6 percent, down from 6-6.5 percent previously.

The Government will strive to ensure a “reasonable level” of economic expansion, although inflation still remains its main priority, Binh said.

With inflation down to 14.1 percent in March from its peak of 23 percent seven months earlier, and a stable currency, the State Bank had room to shift its attention to reinforcing economic growth, Standard Chartered said.

“Although growth is at its record low since 2009, there are reasons to remain optimistic,” the bank said.

During the 2009 downturn, the economy grew at a respectable 5.3 percent even though the first-quarter growth was a meager 3.1 percent.

The bank therefore maintained its forecast of 5.8 percent growth this year, with a pace in the second quarter of 5.4 percent to gradually accelerate to 6.4 percent and 6.6 percent in third and fourth quarters, respectively.

Standard Chartered has also forecast that two-year Government bond yields would ease to 10.6 percent this year, down from the current 10.8 percent.

http://www.vietfinancenews.com/2012/05/standard-chartered-predicts-109-pct.html

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum