Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
 Former Iraqi minister escapes to US I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Former Iraqi minister escapes to US

+3
Boas2
Terbo56
KAI
7 posters

Go down

Former Iraqi minister escapes to US Empty Former Iraqi minister escapes to US

Post by KAI Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:31 am

Former Iraqi minister escapes to US Empty Former Iraqi minister escapes to US Today at 5:26 am

Former minister of defense Abdul Qader Al-Obeidi has fled to the United States after being charged with corruption, said the deputy speaker of parliament Aref Taifour on Wednesday. Taifour said in a statement that the ex-minister escaped to the US after the parliamentary committee for integrity received information about irregularities in arms purchase deals for the Iraqi Army, involving Al-Obeidi, who had served in the former government of Nouri Al-Maliki. affraid

The leading lawmaker said he had repeatedly warned of corruption in the ministry of defense since mandate of the former minister.

http://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2236377&language=en
KAI
KAI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Former Iraqi minister escapes to US Empty Re: Former Iraqi minister escapes to US

Post by Terbo56 Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:36 am

Now, if they oust M., we are good to go-Twisted Evil
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Former Iraqi minister escapes to US Empty Re: Former Iraqi minister escapes to US

Post by Boas2 Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:40 am

Is Maliki still there ?

Boas2

Back to top Go down

Post by PrudenceArt Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:09 am

Isn't that intersting the defense minister who they never had nor ever seated who now is the former defense minister is in america who has left from the Former Maliki Government, that must not be confused with the curent maliki government this after is after the defense minister that they did not have formerly

PrudenceArt
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KAI Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:12 am

Prudence:  Former Iraqi minister escapes to US 2859867778 Exactly!
KAI
KAI
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:56 am

KAI wrote: Former Iraqi minister escapes to US Empty Former Iraqi minister escapes to US Today at 5:26 am

Former minister of defense Abdul Qader Al-Obeidi has fled to the United States after being charged with corruption, said the deputy speaker of parliament Aref Taifour on Wednesday. Taifour said in a statement that the ex-minister escaped to the US after the parliamentary committee for integrity received information about irregularities in arms purchase deals for the Iraqi Army, involving Al-Obeidi, who had served in the former government of Nouri Al-Maliki. affraid

The leading lawmaker said he had repeatedly warned of corruption in the ministry of defense since mandate of the former minister.

http://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2236377&language=en

"FORMER"! I love it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:34 am

Ok, no offense but this is why some of you guys get overly excited over articles based on wording......

This guy was an OLD minister of defense, aka LAST term..... It is not implying that Maliki is gone, nor is it implying he was a minister during this current term.... Hope the below clears it up.....

Here is what I found on a quick search of wiki "
Lt. Gen. Abdul Qadir Mohammed Jassim Obeidi al-Mifarji' (Arabic: عبدالقادر محمد جاسم عبيدي المفارجي‎) was the Defence Minister of Iraq in the Council of Ministers of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki
from 2006 to 2010. He was not reappointed in the Iraqi Council of
Ministers approved on 21 December 2010; as a result, Prime Minister
Nouri al-Maliki is the acting defence minister."

Former Iraqi minister escapes to US Opinio10
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by supergirl Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 am

hmmmm, very, very interesting...
supergirl
supergirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:41 am

therealbutterfly wrote:Ok, no offense but this is why some of you guys get overly excited over articles based on wording......

This guy was an OLD minister of defense, aka LAST term..... It is not implying that Maliki is gone, nor is it implying he was a minister during this current term.... Hope the below clears it up.....

Lt. Gen. Abdul Qadir Mohammed Jassim Obeidi al-Mifarji' (Arabic: عبدالقادر محمد جاسم عبيدي المفارجي‎) was the Defence Minister of Iraq in the Council of Ministers of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki

Nobody is saying "TODAY IS RV DAY" so what is the harm if it brings hope (if wording is actually correct that is)?

Back to top Go down

Post by supergirl Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:43 am

great find TRB. i was just gonna research that article. now i don't have to. thats why i said "interesting" good lookin out.... ;-)
supergirl
supergirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:01 am

punisher wrote:
therealbutterfly wrote:Ok, no offense but this is why some of you guys get overly excited over articles based on wording......

Nobody is saying "TODAY IS RV DAY" so what is the harm if it brings hope (if wording is actually correct that is)?

Ok, the harm is the fact that people were assuming something that was COMPLETELY wrong. He was NOT a current minister in the current administration. And some were assuming that reading the words "former" meant he (Maliki) was gone. I am sure that there will be many posts from gurus now based on this article and they will imply that Maliki is gone and there was a secret minister in place blah blah blah.

People get too hung up on exact wording on articles that are translated and cant be an exact thing. Arabic doesnt have some words that English does. And when people get hung up on exact translated words, things get screwed up. Like medic with his comments of "they said RAISE the zero, not delete, which means no redenomination" yet in other articles, they say DELETE and not raise. See my point?

Anyway, I am not here to dash hope, nor was I saying anyone was implying RV today (no idea where you came up with that one off my comment) I am here to just post facts and TRY and make sense of things. Sorry if my 9+ years in this has given me an edge on understanding articles and I have learned to check up on things in them before commenting so I dont mislead anyone. Made that mistake in the past and wont do it again.....

Former Iraqi minister escapes to US Opinio10
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:36 am

TRB, I get your point...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:25 pm

TRB, I love your clarifying posts. Thank you. Keeps us from going off the deep end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:31 pm

he fled so m does not kill him and with plenty of stolen money thats all no biggie
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum