Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar

+9
ou812
redfish
Jayzze
Terbo56
cassidy2112
therealbutterfly
blinkster
1alaskan
Shadow
13 posters

Go down

Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar Empty Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar

Post by Shadow Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Middle East
Banknote News

Iraq halts plans to revalue dinar

Apr 16, 2012 07:50 AM
According to a Reuters article dated 12 April 2012, Iraq has decided not to move forward with revaluing the dinar 1,000:1 this coming September as originally planned, because cabinet secretary Ali al-Alaq says the economic climate is not suitable for such a move. The redenomination is on hold "until further notice."
Tags: Iraq

http://www.banknotenews.com/files/category-middle-east.php

Can anyone comment on this article then, as we seem geared up on articles and RV happening Daily?? What does this Sound like?

Comments (2)

Shadow

Back to top Go down

Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar Empty Re: Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar

Post by 1alaskan Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:25 pm

It sounds not so good, at first glance. I followed the links and this refers to the Cabinet, not the GOI, from a story about a week ago.

Here it is from Rueters

Cabinet says stops plans to redenominate dinar "until further notice"

* Iraq has over 30 trillion Iraqi dinars in circulation

* Plan to trim zeros not seen as a priority

By Aseel Kami

BAGHDAD, April 12 (Reuters) - Iraq has decided to hold off on a plan to knock three zeros off the nominal value of bank notes of its currency because it does not believe the economic climate is suitable, the cabinet secretary said on Thursday.

The central bank said last August it planned to redenominate the Iraqi dinar to simplify financial transactions in an economy that is still heavily centralised and dominated by oil, and where deals are often carried out in cash.

The proposal to restructure the dinar to bring more liquidity into the market has been awaiting parliamentary approval since last year.

On Thursday, a statement on the website of the cabinet secretary said the cabinet had decided to halt all procedures relating to the redenomination of the dinar "until further notice".

"The economic committee discussed this issue and so did cabinet ... There is a possibility that it could cause some problems in the economic situation. Besides that, this operation is so big that cabinet sees circumstances are not right to control this," cabinet secretary Ali al-Alaq told Reuters.

Iraq is slowly getting back on its feet after years of war and sanctions. Oil accounts for 95 percent of government revenues and the country's banking system is still highly underdeveloped.

HUGE PROCESS

The central bank has kept the dinar fixed at 1,170 dinars to the dollar in its daily auction but it recently moved to revalue the dinar slightly to 1,166 dinars after demand for the U.S. currency soared.

The central bank said it also had to tighten regulations over who can participate in the auctions as Iraqi traders sought to snap up dollars for resale in neighbouring Syria and Iran, both under Western economic sanctions.

Sales of dollars in currency auctions held by Iraq's central bank rose as high as $400 million on some days in December from a previous average of $150 million, according to central bank data.

"We have more than 30 trillion dinars in circulation. To withdraw this amount from the market and then to examine them and to dispose of them is a huge process. Even the technical and the monetary capabilities to control a process like this, we consider as insufficient and it is not seen as a priority currently," Alaq said.

The central bank says Iraq's large foreign reserves, which have risen to a record $60 billion on the back of high oil prices, will shield it from any damage to its financial system on the national level.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/12/iraq-currency-idUSL3E8FC8G120120412

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blinkster Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:45 pm

They can say anything they want via the news. But what they say and what they DO can be two very opposite things. Remember Kuwait & China's press tactics pre-RV with their respective currencies...

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."
Romans 8:14

blinkster

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:46 pm

blinkster wrote:They can say anything they want via the news. But what they say and what they DO can be two very opposite things. Remember Kuwait & China's press tactics pre-RV with their respective currencies...

Remind me again of what China and Kuwait did.... ;-)

Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar Opinio10
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:50 pm

This is old news and it was just Maliki's Cabinet, not the GOI, non issue

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cassidy2112 Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:55 pm

That is a very good question.

And while we're on the subject....The Kuwait & China revaluations have very little in common with this particular investment. This is a different situation, and will not have the same results.

Hold on to what you want to...but don't plan on paying your mortgage next month from proceeds of this investment.

Please!

cassidy2112

Back to top Go down

Post by blinkster Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:58 pm

cassidy2112 wrote:That is a very good question.

And while we're on the subject....The Kuwait & China revaluations have very little in common with this particular investment. This is a different situation, and will not have the same results.

Hold on to what you want to...but don't plan on paying your mortgage next month from proceeds of this investment.

Please!

The answer to the question is that both countries denied publicly any plans to RV, right up until the day before they did it.

blinkster

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Ah, yes, Maliki's cabinet- Wonder if he has any liquor in there- Wouldn't suprise me a bit- Skull Vodka, Camel Dewdrops, Fig Squeezin's,No Fingers Tekillia, etc, etc-affraid :drunken: Laughing
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blinkster Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:00 pm

terbo56 wrote:Ah, yes, Maliki's cabinet- Wonder if he has any liquor in there- Wouldn't suprise me a bit- Skol Vodka, Camel Dewdrops, Fig Squeezin's,No Fingers Tekillia, etc, etc-affraid :drunken: Laughing
Does it contain Cyanide, Rope & Cartridges??? Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar 576492484

blinkster

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:02 pm

blinkster wrote:
cassidy2112 wrote:That is a very good question.

Please!

The answer to the question is that both countries denied publicly any plans to RV, right up until the day before they did it.

Please (and I dont mean to sound rude) show me ANY proof of what you have said. So far I can come up with articles showing how Kuwait reopened the banks back in 1991 and REINSTATED their old rate.... but NO info or articles or anything saying they are denying anything. The reason why I ask this is because this is the same rhetoric that the gurus spit out as to justify what they call smoke and mirrors (aka anything that they dont like to read).

And lets not get into the fact that Kuwait NEVER revalued, but they reinstated their money at the old rate. AND it never lost value on the global market.

therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:04 pm

i do not believe one word of this they are in such bad fiancial shape they cannot survive to stall. there are estimates of 15 to 20 percent inflation the people have worthiess money and food is soaring.and last many companies are on the verge of cancelling the contracts and i almost forgot water and electric are mimmal sadr will have the people protesting real soon if there are not changes
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:04 pm

The cabinet below it does-150 proof Amonium nitrate, and Formaldehyde, and non-slip rope, along with some .44 magnum hollowpoint shells-affraid Laughing :bom:
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:19 pm

jayzze wrote:i do not believe one word of this they are in such bad fiancial shape they cannot survive to stall. there are estimates of 15 to 20 percent inflation the people have worthiess money and food is soaring.and last many companies are on the verge of cancelling the contracts and i almost forgot water and electric are mimmal sadr will have the people protesting real soon if there are not changes

Were you discribing North Korea or Iraq?

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cassidy2112 Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:23 pm

The Kuwait revalue happened when no one was looking for it. That is why it was so much easier to pull off. There weren't MILLIONS and MILLIONS in the hands of random "investers" living in the West.

It happened during a completely different economic environment.

Just let the country get back on it's feet. This thing will take time...but one day down the road, unless they completely issue New Currency, this will be a good investment.

Not an over-night Wind-Fall!

cassidy2112

Back to top Go down

Post by cassidy2112 Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:25 pm

Wink

I just LOVE the distractions people keep trying!

Smile

cassidy2112

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:39 pm

"Not an over-night Wind-Fall!"

Well for at lot of us this is turning out to be a over decade windfall, but I was in it for the long haul and still am.

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by redfish Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:40 pm

Well, just got the wind blown out of my sails... a Senior VP with Wells Fargo Houston - The Private Bank section told me today that Wells Fargo was not dealing in the cash-in of the dinar, they did not feel it was going to happen and he said if there were any negotiated packages, The Private Banking section would be aware of them, and they are not.

He did go on to say, in the unlikely event it did RV, that he would gladly help me. Why are they still denying??? I need some positive feedback...please!

redfish

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:51 pm

If your contact is not a senior vp or higher in the the foreign currency division in either San Francisco or one of their "hubquarters" in say NY, LA, CHI, and maybe Houston, he would not know anymore than the folks that are in those places and positions are going to tell him.

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:02 pm

redfish if and when rv happens they will be kissing your butt for busisness. for get the rocket scientists info when you see erbil been approved and implemented everything else will fall in place until then twirl your fingers and have some captain morgan
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ou812 Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:15 pm

redfish wrote:Well, just got the wind blown out of my sails... a Senior VP with Wells Fargo Houston - The Private Bank section told me today that Wells Fargo was not dealing in the cash-in of the dinar, they did not feel it was going to happen and he said if there were any negotiated packages, The Private Banking section would be aware of them, and they are not.

He did go on to say, in the unlikely event it did RV, that he would gladly help me. Why are they still denying??? I need some positive feedback...please!

No RV is a possibility.

ou812
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cassidy2112 Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:21 pm

1alaskan,

Six words is the only thing that you have to respond to? The fact that I tagged the post with a near cliche' is the thing that you take issue with? I wasn't writing that post for your benefit only.

You know exactly what my point is. And I know what your job is.

Thanks!

cassidy2112

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptnJerry Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:24 pm

cassidy2112 wrote:The Kuwait revalue happened when no one was looking for it. That is why it was so much easier to pull off. There weren't MILLIONS and MILLIONS in the hands of random "investers" living in the West.

It happened during a completely different economic environment.

Just let the country get back on it's feet. This thing will take time...but one day down the road, unless they completely issue New Currency, this will be a good investment.

Not an over-night Wind-Fall!

cassidy2112, Can you please tell me when the Kuwaiti RV happened? Was it recently? Cause if your talking about the event back in 1991, that was a re-instatement of the value of their currency and in no way could you ever confused it with an RV, unless your a guru that is.... Laughing

CJ

Inspired by Splovengates "Be ready between sunday and monday night, or maybe tuesday or wednesday, could also be thursday but definitely by friday.... probably next week, monday or late tuesday night, wednesday morning to hear the rv and should be cashing in on the following tuesday the 1st part of january or february. Sooner more than later. But no later than the beginning of 2013. Certainly not before then. Until then, let's enjoy the ride!

Iraq Halts plans to revalue dinar Animated-smileys-leisure-013 Come on RI/RV!
CaptnJerry
CaptnJerry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:28 pm

At this point I would take a re-instatement of the IQD,

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:41 pm

1alaskan wrote:At this point I would take a re-instatement of the IQD,

But just how could they possibly 'reinstate'? Saddam had his own rate vs what the world recognized as the rate. Thats why the Kurds got 150:1 for the swiss notes and the saddam notes got only 1:1. So do you pick a date long before saddam? But since they created the new IQD in 2003, I dont think they can go back to any particular date for a rate. n my opinion, we are stuck with no other rate than what they decide, whether or not they RD..... I would be thrilled with a daily pip again, made me feel more comfortable about an rv vs an rd..... :(

therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cassidy2112 Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:43 pm

Embarassed

I'm Sorry.

I made a mistake by typing revaluation. I'm sorry, It was just an over-sight.

Take a wild guess about whether or not I'm a "Guru".

Have you seen the disdain that I have had?

cassidy2112

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:48 pm

This ENTIRE THREAD is all really? really? really?

I want more proof progress has stopped crap

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Again old news and it was from the Maliki cabinet, who has no power to start or stop anything to do with the IQD, that is the CBI's job.

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:51 pm

1alaskan wrote:Again old news and it was from the Maliki cabinet, who has no power to start or stop anything to do with the IQD, that is the CBI's job.

THANK YOU! Some of the negative nacy's in this thread do nothing but really?

getout already!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 pm

punisher shame on you no way will it be stopped too many fat cats that needs to make more money on the dinar
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PrudenceArt Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:32 pm

This is awesome news...............WEN they say they wont then, WHAM they will just like china and kuwait

PrudenceArt
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:33 pm

You got it!!Very Happy :cheers:
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:35 pm

maybe, just maybe.........

Marilyn Vos Savant

Remember as always, JMHO

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by edlou Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:53 pm

PEOPLE...PEOPLE...

KEEP THE FAITH....

edlou
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by hithere Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:01 pm

This is never going to happen :pale: . Back to playing the lotto..
hithere
hithere
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum