Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY

2 posters

Go down

THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY Empty THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY

Post by strongtower1 Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:17 am

THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY
by Bill Johnson

“The multitude rose up together against them. The magistrates tore their clothes off and commanded them to be beaten with rods. When they had laid many stripes on them, they threw them into prison, commanding the jailer to keep them securely. Having received such a charge, he put them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks. But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake so that the foundations of the prison were shaken, and immediately all the doors were open and everyone’s chains were loosed. And the keeper of the prison awakened from sleep, seeing the prison doors open and supposing the prisoners fled, drew his sword and was about to kill himself. And Paul called with a loud voice, “Do yourself no harm. We are all here.”
Acts 16:22

In 1986 Beni and I went to Israel and Italy with some people from our church. One of the places we visited was a hole in the ground that contained a dungeon. It’s the actual prison where the apostle Paul spent time. Scratch your picture of prison and think hole in the ground. It’s wet, musty, cold and damp. Men were literally dumped down there. From within this hole, the Apostle Paul wrote the book of Philippians, a book marked with a theme that is the most unusual ever to be written by someone in prison: joy. In Chapter 4:4, you see these words: “Rejoice always. Again, I say, rejoice!”

In the Acts 16 passage, Paul’s joy was to receive the most unusual test. Now if I’m in prison, there’s an earthquake, the chains fall off my arms and legs and the door flings open, I’m saying, “Jehovah Jireh—God has provided for me again.” I’m out of there as fast as you can imagine because it’s obvious it’s the will of God. “Praise God! My worship worked again. It shook that thing.”

But not Paul. He’s worshiping God, and the earthquake comes that is so powerful it knocks chains off of wrists and feet and knocks them to the ground. The doors fling open and Paul senses, “I wasn’t a prisoner when I was put in here. And those doors opening don’t make me more free. I smell harvest. I smell some fish that are about to be caught. And since my primary goal in life is to catch fish, I’m going to stay in the most unusual fishing hole I’ve ever been in. Uh, sir, about to kill yourself? You’ll notice that we’re all here.” That was enough of a witness. The guard had to know the same Jesus. He surrendered immediately to Christ, and his entire family got saved. There is something endearing and fruitful about supernatural joy.

There are a number of examples of joy throughout Scripture, but to me, this is one of the most unique and remarkable illustrations.

Several years ago, I felt impressed to work on three verses of the Bible, to see if I could take six months and learn how to do them: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, “Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” I purposed to meditate and practice those three commands because they are all inclusive.

I would quote them and think about them as I was going about my day. “Rejoice always.” I purpose to choose joy and express it in every situation. Some situations are easier than others. And then “pray without ceasing”; I have to stay in communion with the Lord constantly. And then “In everything give thanks.” That’s really demanding because that means everything. There’s no room for error here. Do these three things all the time. Be always thankful and always joyful, and pray always about everything.

People come to me and say, “I just need to know God’s will for my life.”

I tell them, “Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks. For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”

“Yeah, but I need to know whether to take this job or whether I should live in Portland or I should live in San Jose.” It makes very little difference if you rejoice always, pray without ceasing and in everything give thanks.

“Yeah, but I don’t know what to do for my occupation.” Pump gas or be a doctor; it doesn’t matter, but rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks. This is the will of God. All that other stuff is trivial by comparison. It’s win-win. Just rejoice always, pray without ceasing, and in everything give thanks.

STRONGTOWER1

I thought you all at OOM would be blessed by BIll Johnson sermon, "THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY". Please enjoy and share with friends and family.

Blessings

Neh. 8:10 "The joy of the LORD is your strength."

Ps. 27:6 "And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in His Tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD."

Ps. 32:11 "Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart."

Isaiah 60:1-5

1 “Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.
2 See, darkness covers the earth
and thick darkness is over the peoples,
but the LORD rises upon you
and his glory appears over you.
3 Nations will come to your light,
and kings to the brightness of your dawn.
4 “Lift up your eyes and look about you:
All assemble and come to you;
your sons come from afar,
and your daughters are carried on the hip.
5 Then you will look and be radiant,
your heart will throb and swell with joy;
the wealth on the seas will be brought to you,
to you the riches of the nations will come.
1 “Arise, shine, for your light has come,
and the glory of the LORD rises upon you.
2 See, darkness covers the earth
and thick darkness is over the peoples,
but the LORD rises upon you
and his glory appears over you.
3 Nations will come to your light,
and kings to the brightness of your dawn.
4 “Lift up your eyes and look about you:
All assemble and come to you;
your sons come from afar,
and your daughters are carried on the hip.
5 Then you will look and be radiant,
your heart will throb and swell with joy;
the wealth on the seas will be brought to you,
to you the riches of the nations will co
me.

1 Peter 4:10-11

0 Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

Strongtower1
strongtower1
strongtower1

Back to top Go down

THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY Empty Re: THE WILL OF GOD IS JOY

Post by 7freemom Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:52 am

Joy expresses our Lord like nothing else can... giving Him Honor and Glory and shaping our moments in His Presence... Halleluyah!

"Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks. For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”

Praying without ceasing to me is being in constant moment by moment communication with Him via His Spirit within, walking in obedience, cherishing my relationship with Him, living in, by and through His Presence, manifesting His Love, Joy, Peace and so much More....

We were directed to give our youngest daughter her name, Joy Christine, as a constant reminder of Joy in Christ through suffering, and all Life brings; His Spirit's direction came to me while listening to a gentleman who had suffered a broken back, lived with much pain, yet experienced "joy in Christ through suffering". Joy's debut in our family did not happen immediately, as I and her older sister hoped and expected, but was instead delayed until we had two more sons and a miscarriage before her arrival in His perfect time, several years after her "prophesied" coming.

Some lessons learned from this experience: His ways are high above mine, His timing and preparation has many lessons for me, patience and abiding in His Presence being two major ones.

This now applies to RV and I hope it may help some seekers of Truth and Abundance here now.

Blessings to All here... In His Love, Joy, Peace and so much MOre
7freemom
7freemom
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum