Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army

5 posters

Go down

Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army Empty Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army

Post by top_gun Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:55 pm

This is the video from CBS about Tariq, and Iraqi who was an interpreter for the US Army. Now he is not safe in Iraq because of enemies that he has made by helping the USA, and the USA will not grant him a Visa to get out of Iraq. He fears for his life.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7392028n

CBS News: Visa Program for Iraqis mired in red tape - Tariq Plea for Help 12/18/2011
(Post by Debbie, The IQD Team)

Our friend Tariq, from Baghdad, Iraq who was on our call, Nov. 9th and again on Thursday sent his thanks to all of you in an email below...

"Thank you for all these great notes, I really feel safer and sleep better knowing that there are a lot of people who care. Very Respectfully...Tariq"

Tariq appeared on the CBS Evening News Saturday night in silhouette as Terry.....If you missed the story...it is below.

If you can help in any way to get him home, please email mods@theiqdteam.com

Visa program for Iraqis mired in red tape

A visa program for Iraqi interpreters, embassy workers and subcontractors who stood with America during the war is mired in red tape. And, as Elizabeth Palmer reports, the lives of many of those waiting for resettlement in the U.S. are in danger.

Reminder of His Plea for HELP From Nov. 9, 2011

Last edited by top_gun on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
top_gun
top_gun

Back to top Go down

Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army Empty Re: Tariq - Iraqi Interpreter for Army

Post by sandwedge Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Sad stuff. The countries a mess and now our troops aren't there to protect our massive investment. Several months ago I saw drawings of 2-sport complexes they were planning to build. I also read an article where Iraq wanted to build a "high speed" railway. After watching that video, I would say that Iraq has their prioroties all screwed up. Pictures don't lie. The country is a mess. If we see .86 cents or anything more, I'm am "all in" cashing out. For those that brave to hold out for a higher rate, may God look over you, because this country has massive issues and that's not smoke and mirrors folks..

Go RI/RV..
sandwedge
sandwedge
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Leliu5th Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:32 pm

We are not in control of what is happening over their! We cannot rely on anything they say either. This country is volatile and unstable and always will be. I will cash out all ASAP. I do not trust them...been there done that! Anything can happen or not happen....just saying yeah! :shock:

"Truly, when in the place of work, idleness, in place of the spirit of measure and equity, caprice and pride invade, fortune is changed just as with morality".
Lady Fortuna
Leliu5th
Leliu5th
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:49 pm

This is not about us and the cash in, this is about a mans plea for help as it sounds like the US has abondaned him. This is so sad! AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwedge Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:59 pm

AJAnderson wrote:This is not about us and the cash in, this is about a mans plea for help as it sounds like the US has abondaned him. This is so sad! AJ

I understand that AJ, but when you what that video and look at the buildings, streets and ruin they deal with daily, you can't help but think to yourself "do I really want to take the chance on a long haul recovery with Iraq". Some will be brave and cash in some, and hold some for that long haul dream. Knowing how unstable the entire ME must make you also think, take your blessing if & when it happens, and go do things for the greater good. For those that stay in for the long haul, you are a better man than I.. Far too risky IMO.

Go RI/RV..
sandwedge
sandwedge
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:00 pm

AJ your are on point.
I saw this when it aired and was disappointed and dismayed,unfortunately this individual is one of many,and those that are considered to have "collaborated" will be in very real danger.
It is horrible. :pale:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by landcareunlimited Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:31 pm

SandWedge-Point well taken, but I respectfully disagree with you. There are those that believe Iraqis (and most middle easterners in general) know nothing but conflict and death and it is an unbreakable cycle. While that may be true to a degree, I do not thing the disease is terminal.

I ask you to look back to Germany in the 30's & 40's. Has there ever been a more twisted and sickening disease of the human spirit in all of history. It goes to show that under a similar leader (Saddam Hussein) the Iraqi people have been similarly mislead, but not nearly to the extent of the German people. The wonderful American spirit liberated the Germans as it has/will the Iraqis. The nature state of being of the human condition is freedom and liberty...there is no debating that fact. TWICE Germany led the world into devastating war and twice America and their allies (tip of the cap to England and Australia) showed the world OUR way is BETTER. DISCLAIMER: Nothing personal against Germans...my mother is German and I lived there for eight year. Just stating contextual historical fact.

Before my point is dismissed as being unrealistic, I ask you to look to China for another example. The internet and western influence lead to the realization of my point about freedom and liberty and in many ways, China is a better example of American capitalism than America. They still have a long way to go on human rights, but are making strides.

My experience with middle eastern people tells me they are potentially even more responsive than Germans and Chinese. They have a proud history and I truly believe they are on the verge of realizing their dreams...as are we.

I for one do not believe that the political disagreements indicate serious problems within the government. I fact, I believe it is a real-life demonstration of true democracy in action. Partisan politics are the defining characteristic of our own American system. Give them time...they will work through it, most likely better than us.

Lastly, the photos of the poorer sections of Iraq don't phase me at all. The power and telecom lines are of course temporary, given the haste in which those utilities were installed after nine years of war. Other than that, it looks like any US inter-city neighborhood to me.

Keep the faith...GO RV!
landcareunlimited
landcareunlimited
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwedge Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Landcareunlimited - You make very valid points.. I guess I've just been in this too long to hang in after the fact. I'm holding plenty of Dinars, plus I'm not a greedy man, so I will say my goodbye's at the RV, and work on things I have planned here in the U.S.

Peace, Go RI/RV..
sandwedge
sandwedge
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum