Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight

Go down

Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight Empty Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight

Post by RamblerNash Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:53 pm

Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight 1634573440166
2021-10-18 09:12

Shafaq News/ Turkey's lira sank to a new all-time low beyond 9.3 versus the dollar on Monday and analysts saw little reprieve ahead given what one called expectations of an "irrational" interest rate cut later this week.

The worst performer in emerging markets this year, the Turkish currency touched a low of 9.315 against the dollar at 1414 GMT.

It has shed 20% this year and half of the depreciation has come since early last month, when the central bank began giving dovish signals despite inflation rising to near 20%.

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan has long called for monetary easing and his influence, including rapidly replacing the central bank's top leadership, is seen to have eroded policy credibility in recent years.

After last month's shock 100-point rate cut sent the lira tumbling, economists polled by Reuters were split whether the central bank would ease by another 50 or 100 basis points at a Thursday policy meeting.

https://shafaq.com/en/Economy/Turkish-lira-at-new-low-with-little-reprieve-in-sight

Turkish lira at new low with little reprieve in sight 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum