Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Textbook Tony
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies

Go down

My Ladies - GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies Empty GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM - My Ladies

Post by Ssmith Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:34 pm

GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM
October 15, 2016
MY LADIES
environmental-management-practices-banking-sector-7-638

GREENING THE BANKING SYSTEM, TAKING STOCK OF G20 GREEN BANKING PRACTICE. THIS IS A TOPIC I REALLY WANT TO GET INTO BECAUSE THIS IS WHERE IT ALL STARTS. LET’S LOOK AT THE EXECUTIVE SUMMARY FOR THIS PAPER PUBLISHED BY THE UNITED NATIONS. HERE IS THE LINK FOR IT  http://unepinquiry.org/publication/greening-the-banking-system/

Green banking practices are at different stages of evolution across the G20. Emerging green banking practices across G20 countries can be grouped into two categories:

• Mainstreaming environmental factors across bank strategy and governance, evolving from an early focus on due diligence at project level to consideration of environmental factors across credit risk functions. Now the focus is shifting to more strategic action, with leading banks exploring environmental stress testing and links between environmental and financial performance.

• Mobilizing capital for specific green assets through loan origination, the provision of credit and savings’ products as well as capital markets activities. Banks are the primary source of funding for renewable energy investments, and critical sources of capital for infrastructure and small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Now, banks are moving from “risk to opportunity” in new sectors, such as energy efficiency, with leading banks working to drive positive impact across all activities.

THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN DISCUSSING FOR A LONG TIME, RISK TO OPPORTUNITY. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

A diverse range of sector-specific market and policy factors has motivated the evolution of the green banking agenda. Key catalysts for action include rising public expectations, the recognition of environmental issues as real drivers of financial risk and identification of green loan origination opportunities.

Green banking progress in the G20 has largely been the result of market-led action, including individual institutional leadership, the collective efforts of banking associations, and international initiatives. Some governments and regulators across the G20 are taking action to support the greening of the banking system.

Public finance can play a catalytic role in making the business case for green banking, through risk sharing and incentive mechanisms to address market failures and leverage private capital.

LEVERAGE PRIVATE CAPITAL, THESE FUNDS NEED TO BE PLACED INTO PROJECTS THAT WILL CREATE NEW DEBT, GREEN DEBT AND PRODUCE EVENTUAL RETURNS.

Barriers to green banking can be understood in a general hierarchy of importance and challenge:

• A lack of real economy demand, stemming from the presence of unmitigated externalities or policy uncertainty;
• The lack of a clear business case, where risk/return profiles of potential projects are un-bankable;
• Negative impacts on competitiveness and a lack of a level playing field;
• A lack of appropriate practitioner capacities or a supportive financial culture;
• A lack of appropriate information flowing between the market and banks; and
• Issues of policy coherence and regulatory alignment.

Several conclusions can be drawn regarding green banking market practice in the G20:

• There is some convergence in practitioner understandings of green banking, but perceptions and priorities vary significantly across the G20.
• The lack of a global framework or body to structure green banking practice (in comparison to investment, for example) may be holding back progress.
• The success of efforts to greening the banking system is contingent on levels of financial system development and broader environmental regulatory contexts.
• There is an emerging rationale for public action to support greening of the banking system – as closely linked to long-term economic growth as it is to sustainability.

ALRIGHT SO WHAT’S THE SOLUTION LET’S KEEP READING.

G20 countries have committed to realignment of growth pathways with sustainable development – as evidenced by recent Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs) and agreement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).

Meeting these goals while maintaining economic growth is the defining challenge for the G20 over the coming decade. A thriving green banking sector can play a fundamental role in this effort – provided governments are able to deliver a level playing field, share emerging best practices, and unlock new opportunities for investments in sustainable growth.

Emerging policy options include:
• Develop comprehensive voluntary principles;
• Clarify green definitions;
• Develop green securities to support maturity alignment;
• Use public finance to leverage green loans and credit;
• Enhance professional education;
• Develop national collaborative processes;
• Expand global learning networks;
• Collect data and improve disclosure; and
• Support policy alignment.

THIS PUBLICATION IS WELL WORTH THE READ AND IT’S A SHORT READ TOO ON 30 PAGES INCLUDING THE INDEX ..LOL.. YOU CAN GET THROUGH IT.

YOU SEE EVERYTHING THAT IS COMING IS OUT THERE AND HAS BEEN WRITTEN ABOUT FOR A FEW YEARS. WE ONLY NEED LOOK FOR IT. THIS PARIS AGREEMENT IS REALLY A TOOL WHICH IS BEING USED TO UNLOCK PRIVATE CAPITAL AND PUT IT TO WORK. THE SIDE EFFECTS OF USING THAT TOOL IS TREMENDOUS AND WILL BENEFIT SO MANY COUNTRIES IN NEED AND PEOPLE ALL ACROSS THE GLOBE, BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT ANY OF THIS THE PRIMARY REASON FOR THIS AGREEMENT IS TO PRESERVE AND GROW TRILLIONS IN PRIVATE CAPITAL FIRST. REMEMBER IN THIS TIME OF ZERO INTEREST AND NEGATIVE YIELDS WHAT IS PRIVATE CAPITAL TO DO?

THE ANSWER WE READ IT IN THE OPENING SENTENCE IS TO TURN RISK INTO OPPORTUNITY. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW???
THE CURRENT BANKING SYSTEM IS BROKE RIGHT NOW RIGHT? SO WHAT IS ONE TO DO? START ANOTHER SYSTEM BUT THIS TIME MAKE IT APPEALING TO ALL AND MAKE IT INCLUSIVE SO YOU CAN REAP THE MOST OPPORTUNITY FROM THE CONVERSION.

DO WE CARE REALLY ABOUT THE REASONS OR THE MOTIVES BEHIND IT? I DON’T REMEMBER THERE IS NO ROOM FOR MORALITY IN MONEY WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS THE END RESULT WHICH IS MANY EMERGING ECONOMIES WILL FINALLY GET THE MUCH NEEDED FUNDS TO COMPLETE THEIR INFRASTRUCTURE WHICH HELP THEM RISE UP AND BECOME PRODUCTIVE NATIONS.

SO ONE MORE TIME IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE PLEASE READ THIS PUBLICATION IT WILL GIVE YOU MANY AHA MOMENTS.
http://unepinquiry.org/publication/greening-the-banking-system/

TAKE TIME AND ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE
LOVE TO ALL, ML

http://www.myladies.co/greening-banking-system/

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum