Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

Tips for when you get Blessed financially

+18
abby ann
dinarstar
wyquiltr
belmont
2rubeliever
Clydesdale
1alaskan
Cardiac99
greta
LookingAtTheHeavens
aksafeone
Nameless56
Kevind53
Reece
bobd
rocklady
Horizon
MiddleClassMaiden
22 posters

Go down

Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially Empty Tips for when you get Blessed financially

Post by MiddleClassMaiden Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:16 am

Tips for when you get Blessed financially

LK 16:8 "The master commanded the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light."

Below are just a few tips on how to handle a large financial blessing when it comes, because many people who have been diminished in their wilderness will soon be receiving God's blessing financially to be restored and to have more than enough to live and to give to others during their promised land time. God has probably already shown you some of these things to do if you are one of the people that will be assigned to manage His wealth during this coming harvest, but these are just guidelines, so be led by God as always in all you do.

1. Always remember that EVERYTHING God gives you belongs to Him, NOT you. God's financial blessing is a very serious responsibility and it's not just fun money to be used as you want. Freely you've received, so freely give as God directs you to and everything else will work out.

2. Keep things as private as possible. If God blesses you financially don't tell anyone else unless God expressly tells you to, because once you tell even one person they will run to tell everyone else and all of a sudden everyone will see you as a wallet, not as you anymore.

3. Give anonymously. If someone knows that a financial gift came from you then they will always look to you rather than trust God to meet their financial needs. Set up an anonymous charity bank account and P.O. Box in order to give, and keep things as discreet as possible.

4. Don't loan money to people. Making loans to people is the quickest way to ruin a good relationship, so don't do it. Just give as God leads you to and do not expect anything back, and that way there are no problems or hard feelings later on when they can't repay you.

5. Give God the glory and DO NOT admit that the giver was you. People will always be very naturally curious when God blesses them, so they may ask you point blank if the giver was you. Just say, “well if God told someone to give, then it was God that helped you, so go thank Him".

6. Don't give unless God tells you to. There will be countless needs that you can meet, but only a few that God will tell you to. You are responsible to manage this money, NOT give it all away. So if God is not telling you to meet the need, then that means there is a reason for it.

7, Don't tithe on the money unless God tells you to. Remember that 100% of what God gives you belongs to Him, not just 10%-and even 10% of a very large sum can create big problems for a ministry or a person that God has been trying to restrict for various reasons.

8. Live within your means and do not be showy. If God allows you to be supported through the financial blessing He gives you, that is fine, but keep your life looking like you don't have a ton of money, because people are very adept at noticing an over-extravagant lifestyle.

9. Stay in control of your money. Never let anyone else be in control of what God has only entrusted to you. This means everyone, including family. Many people have been swindled by greedy people including Christians, so trust no one but God and whomever He tells you to.

10. Money is a tool, nothing more. Money can buy unhappiness and create many problems that you might otherwise not have. Money is a responsibility to manage and you alone will be held accountable for what you did with it later on, so always consider it as just a tool.

11. Don't fight about money. Families tend to have problems if there is too little or too much money to spend. Like Joseph, your financial blessing is meant to restore you and to give you a fund so that God can meet needs thru you; it is not just a fun fund for your family.

12. Buy only what you need. Everything you buy you will have to take care of and that takes time. Buy quality and only what the Holy Spirit tells you to. Never waste. The simpler your life can remain the more you will have for ministry, so avoid unnecessary purchases.

LK 16:10 "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will be dishonest with much".

There are some of you reading this who do not want a lot of money, and you like your life being kept simple and predictable, but who is God supposed to trust with wealth here on earth, if not through you?  If not you… then who?... Greedy, wasteful people? NO, this task will fall to His trustworthy managers that have learned to be faithful with little. Some of you will help manage millions of dollars and vast resources during this time of severe economic downturn. Desperate people will do anything to survive, so your job will be to only give people what God tells you to.

PR 10:22 The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and He adds no trouble to it
Money can either be a blessing in your life or big trouble, it's all up to you. God has worked with you during your wilderness time to purge you of all sin, greed and idolatry, but it will still be a real challenge to manage money wisely. The main thing is to stay humble, discreet and ‘’directable’ by God. Always remember that your real riches will be spiritual and rarely material. God has prepared many last days "Joseph's" to provide for many during this coming time of hardship in the earth, so be prepared to be greatly used to help save many.

GE 45:7 "But God sent me ahead of you to preserve for you a remnant on earth and to save your lives by a great deliverance."

Much of what is said above has been covered before… but I felt it is well worth reading and should establish many principles to abide by when this wealth comes into our hands.
END

Source: The above information was sent to a Christian investment club some time ago.   It is very important information to be reminded of today.  Save it and re-read it many times.  We are about to put the information contained herein to use.  You are now responsible for what you know :

Take it to Heart. Ask for Godly Wisdom, and do what HE tells you to do!

This is more applicable today than it has been in the past.  Bottom line…
Begin TODAY… Get ready!
...from a grateful heart... MiddleClassMaiden Ilikeyou VERY MUCH... that is why I wanted to share this with you... as always... treat this like  eating catfish...'Swallow the meat... spit out the bones'.  Let GOD show you, guide you and give you peace in your new abundance... from HIM... in HIS timing... His rate and His date!
MiddleClassMaiden
MiddleClassMaiden
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially Empty Re: Tips for when you get Blessed financially

Post by Horizon Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:37 am

Thank you Middleclassmadien....as always very wise....Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 2859867778

Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbUTUwRpDbhT-xIofJl3G31OXoGzOAJS3qKlCApR1lrvZghQYKngbnt9AnaQMakin' Plans...Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 7_6_8

Praise God for all things, and he will give us the desires of our hearts!
Horizon
Horizon
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially Empty Re: Tips for when you get Blessed financially

Post by rocklady Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:17 am

That is a great post, and will really keep me grounded as we plan for our blessing. Thanks much.
rocklady
rocklady
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bobd Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:34 am

GOOD ADVISE. THANKS MAIDEN

chillout hemademe bigsmile
bobd
bobd
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Reece Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:51 am

Very Very Good!!! 100% true. We do not want to get in Gods way of him dealing with certain people. He has only told me 1 person to help! There are several I would like to help but as for now, there is only 1 that God told me to give to. This person is one I haven't even thought of!! God has a plan for us & he knows who he wants blessed. I know how good it's going to feel to obey God! O what a Great feeling!! Gods plan is Greater than anything we can dream up!! God bless us All!!!!! ❤

Reece

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:20 pm

Great post, many of the points I speak about when I teach on finances ... especially number 1 & 7 ... It is so important that we always remember that everything, and I mean everything we have is His. We have it because He chose to bless us, and we have been bought with a price.

Your post also reminded me of something I used to do when I was in a traditional church ... I would take a part of my offering in $20.00 bills, and as the Lord led, I would wander about in Worship (we had a charismatic church and so that was normal), and "deposit" them palming them into or along side purses, bibles, etc. (Usually single moms, young families struggling, widows etc.) Then I would sit in back and watch the looks of surprise and sometimes astonishment as they found them and looked about trying to figure out who it came from ... A lot of fun ... even more than if they knew where it came from. Laughing

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 2805820865  Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 2805820865  Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 2805820865  Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rocklady Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:34 pm

That is how I like to do it Kevin53. It's more fun watching from afar. I can't wait to be able to do this. I always wanted to be able to buy a truckload of trukeys to give away at thanksgiving. Just sit back and watch as someone is tossing them out the truck.
rocklady
rocklady
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MiddleClassMaiden Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:03 am

THANKS soooo much for your POSITIVE comments! WOW! Wonderful to be part of such a supportive, caring and wise family!
MiddleClassMaiden :flower: Ilikeyou Ilikeyou Ilikeyou Ilikeyou

NEWCOMERS... SEE COMPLETE POST AT TOP OF THIS PAGE
MiddleClassMaiden
MiddleClassMaiden
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless56 Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:01 am

Nice! Hope this get re-posted after the RV. Smile

Nameless56

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:26 am

3, 7 and 8, hit right at home for me and is within this mans plans when it comes to giving. I prayed to God for guidence for gicing because the church I go to 10% they could not handle, small church with kindergrarden through 12 grade tought there. He said give each week for the Church, but fund the school. Thanks MCM these wise words hit home for me. AJ

Back to top Go down

Post by aksafeone Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:01 am

Great post! Solid advise. Good things to remember anytime. THANK YOU.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LookingAtTheHeavens Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:16 am

Thank you MCM! You are a very special person and I know you will do great things!
LookingAtTheHeavens
LookingAtTheHeavens
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by greta Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:56 pm

Kevind53 wrote:Great post, many of the points I speak about when I teach on finances ... especially number 1 & 7 ... It is so important that we always remember that everything, and I mean everything we have is His. We have it because He chose to bless us, and we have been bought with a price.

Your post also reminded me of something I used to do when I was in a traditional church ... I would take a part of my offering in $20.00 bills, and as the Lord led, I would wander about in Worship (we had a charismatic church and so that was normal), and "deposit" them palming them into or along side purses, bibles, etc. (Usually single moms, young families struggling, widows etc.) Then I would sit in back and watch the looks of surprise and sometimes astonishment as they found them and looked about trying to figure out who it came from ... A lot of fun ... even more than if they knew where it came from. Laughing

That sounds like a lot of fun and what I would love to do. What kind of church do you attend now?

greta

Back to top Go down

Post by greta Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:06 pm

It never occurred to me that tithing could cause problems and thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I had at one time thought of giving a huge amount to a church I attend for their church planting, now I will ask for direction. I intend to give anonymously of course, that's the greatest joy of all, to see the face of someone who has received a blessing, or the knowledge that someone has been helped and to direct their thanks to God. Thank you so much for these wonderful tips.

greta

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:12 pm

greta wrote:
That sounds like a lot of fun and what I would love to do. What kind of church do you attend now?

My wife and I pastor a home church ... what some would call an "organic church." Preparing for and praying into the next step.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 2805820865  Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 2805820865  Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 2805820865  Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiac99 Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Kevin is right. Most churches couldn't handle 10% at one time put into their coffers. I attend a small Cowboy Church that has 150 people on a good week. However, we have outgrown our building and we are saving to build a bigger building. The material costs will be relatively small because our pastor owns a steel yard and is going to let us have the materials at cost. Most of us have SOME construction skills, so labor costs will be lower. The building will still run us about $250-300,000 to build. Last time I checked, we already have saved up a little over $100,000. I plan to donate enough to make a difference but not enough to show off. To the best of my knowledge, my brother's immediate family and my immediate family are the only ones invested in this currency endeavor. I don't want any recognition for this, but I want to do enough to make a difference.

My problem is this, a figure of about $5,000 to $10,000 comes to mind. Can I have some of y'all give me feedback on this? Is that enough for now? Should I do more, initially? I am thinking that later down the road if more is needed, I can help then. I am also planning to help a few families in the church that are having a hard time keeping the lights on and a vehicle running.

There is also a few single mothers outside the church I am going to help with newer vehicles, complete with tag, title, tax, and a tank of gas.
Cardiac99
Cardiac99
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:02 pm

What ever you give make it anonymous, no sense in causing anybody to have bad feelings

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:51 pm

Cardiac99 wrote:Kevin is right. Most churches couldn't handle 10% at one time put into their coffers. I attend a small Cowboy Church that has 150 people on a good week. However, we have outgrown our building and we are saving to build a bigger building. The material costs will be relatively small because our pastor owns a steel yard and is going to let us have the materials at cost. Most of us have SOME construction skills, so labor costs will be lower. The building will still run us about $250-300,000 to build. Last time I checked, we already have saved up a little over $100,000. I plan to donate enough to make a difference but not enough to show off. To the best of my knowledge, my brother's immediate family and my immediate family are the only ones invested in this currency endeavor. I don't want any recognition for this, but I want to do enough to make a difference.

My problem is this, a figure of about $5,000 to $10,000 comes to mind. Can I have some of y'all give me feedback on this? Is that enough for now? Should I do more, initially? I am thinking that later down the road if more is needed, I can help then. I am also planning to help a few families in the church that are having a hard time keeping the lights on and a vehicle running.

There is also a few single mothers outside the church I am going to help with newer vehicles, complete with tag, title, tax, and a tank of gas.

My recommendation is pray and ask God, then go with what you hear. BTW I have found that usually the first thing I hear is the "God thing." "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him."(Jas 1:5)

Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all. (Eph 1:15–23)

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Wonderful Post. Excellent presentation. I am excited to help when this blessing goes through. I will definately follow the advice.

JESUS IS KING :king: GOD BLESS YOU ALL Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 3151798102
Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially Clyde2
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2rubeliever Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:32 pm

All sounds good except ONLY tithe when God tells you.
God shouldn't have to tell you to do what you are suppose to do.. When you tithe you open the windows of heaven for him to bless you.. Let's not forget why we are in the position we are in... Give unto the lord for he is GOOD Ground..
2rubeliever
2rubeliever

Back to top Go down

Post by belmont Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:43 pm

Last year when I first invested, I was led of the Holy Sprit to develop a Victory Sheet. I have it on a simple excel spread sheet. As the Lord spoke to me I placed the organization/person on the list and the amount that the Lord said. He even took me back to the times in years past that i have said, If I had some money i do do thus and so for so and so.

The Bible says 10%, first fruits and offerings, not the other persons reaction. It must be sown into "fertile ground" of course.

Additionally, am lead to set up an annuity for my pastor so the dividend go to the pastor, and the principle remains with my trust. This is a way of not eating the seed given and funds to grow and always being available for the future.

belmont

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:49 pm

2rubeliever wrote:All sounds good except ONLY tithe when God tells you.
God shouldn't have to tell you to do what you are suppose to do.. When you tithe you open the windows of heaven for him to bless you.. Let's not forget why we are in the position we are in... Give unto the lord for he is GOOD Ground..

I agree. The Bible says to Tithe, it is God's word, and can't be changed. You are obeying God by tithing. It's between the person or organization that receives the tithe, and God as to what they do with the blessing.
God will bless you for obeying his commands.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

JESUS IS KING :king: GOD BLESS YOU ALL Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 3151798102
Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by wyquiltr Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:04 pm

I believe in giving a tithe. God has already told us to. I don't think it means to give the entire tithe to one ministry -- you can give the same amount to various churches and help a lot of people and missionaries, as well as the Gideon society, Fischer House for families of vets, etc. I know we will help our families (on both sides) with living expenses. They have all had a rough road thoughout the years.

May God bless all of you and you in turn may bless others. Keep your ears open and God will let you know who to bless. It may be a stranger on the street ... just keep listening.

wyquiltr

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:16 pm

wyquiltr wrote:I believe in giving a tithe. God has already told us to. I don't think it means to give the entire tithe to one ministry -- you can give the same amount to various churches and help a lot of people and missionaries, as well as the Gideon society, Fischer House for families of vets, etc. I know we will help our families (on both sides) with living expenses. They have all had a rough road thoughout the years.

May God bless all of you and you in turn may bless others. Keep your ears open and God will let you know who to bless. It may be a stranger on the street ... just keep listening.

A great first post wy,and a very warm welcome to you hug

I agree..

I will let my heart and conscience guide me,
I believe God speaks to me this way.

👼

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by abby ann Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:21 pm

wyquiltr wrote:I believe in giving a tithe. God has already told us to. I don't think it means to give the entire tithe to one ministry -- you can give the same amount to various churches and help a lot of people and missionaries, as well as the Gideon society, Fischer House for families of vets, etc. I know we will help our families (on both sides) with living expenses. They have all had a rough road thoughout the years.

A VERY GREAT POST AND WELCOME HERE!!!!!AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 1261280965 Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 1261280965 Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 1261280965 Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 1815401988 Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 974290055
abby ann
abby ann
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MiddleClassMaiden Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:26 pm

I agree... Wonderful POST... EXCELLENT words, wyquiltr - and Godly wisdom as well. THANK YOU and welcome! Great family here! Appreciate your thots.
MiddleClassMaiden :flower: Ilikeyou Ilikeyou Ilikeyou ALSO!
MiddleClassMaiden
MiddleClassMaiden
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:34 pm

2rubeliever wrote:All sounds good except ONLY tithe when God tells you.

I would respectfully disagree. I wish I could go into it fully here, but time and space does not allow. However I will make a few bullet points.

#1, It ALL belongs to the Lord, don't you think He should have a say in where and how much you give? So then ask Him.

#2, For the previous reason, I see the tithe as only a starting point. In Matt 23:23 the Pharisees were scrupulously careful to observe the tithe to the nth degree, yet Jesus condemns them for neglecting the weightier matters of justice, mercy and faith ... what I refer to as the Law of Love. "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." (Mt 22:37–40) Then we see Him commending the widow for her 2 copper coins (about 3/8 of a penny together.) Why? Was it the amount she gave? No not really but because she gave out of her lack. In the words of Jesus, her whole lively hood. Think about it for a second, she gave everything she had, How could she do such a thing? It was because she lived in a place of intimacy with her Lord, and so was able to trust Him to meet her every need. You see it wasn't the amount, it was the heart behind the giving.

#3 I question our understanding of the tithe, no not the meaning of the word itself, but it's intent in light of Deut 12 and 14. Deut 12 says this: "You may not eat within your gates the tithe of your grain or your new wine or your oil, of the firstborn of your herd or your flock, of any of your offerings which you vow, of your freewill offerings, or of the heave offering of your hand. But you must eat them before the LORD your God in the place which the LORD your God chooses, you and your son and your daughter, your male servant and your female servant, and the Levite who is within your gates; and you shall rejoice before the LORD your God in all to which you put your hands." (Dt 12:17–18) I'll leave you to look up 14, but it follows the same lines (See also Deut 26). I have heard some try and explain this away as a second tithe, but there is a) nothing to back that up, and b) it does not fit with the context of the Deuteronomy. Moses is about to go off with God to die, these are his last words, His last chance to make sure the people "get it" it is in that context that we need to read these words, and in that context we see the tithe as a sort of prototypical love feast pointing toward the breaking of bread by the church in the NT.

So I will say give, give lavishly, give extravagantly, give with abandon. Last, but not least, give obediently, in the words of Mary at the wedding in Canaan, "Whatever He says, do it."

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Clydesdale Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:59 am

Kevin I do agree with you, but when it comes to tithing. The bible reference to tithing IMO means at the very least give 10% if you are capable of doing more, do so.

I think that is where JESUS was with the Pharisees. They made lots of money, but never gave more then 10%. They did so because it was law, not because their hearts were in it.

I'm certain you understand this, but I wanted to help clarify for others.

Last edited by Clydesdale on Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)

Clydesdale
Clydesdale
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:00 am

Clydesdale wrote:Kevin I do agree with you, but when it comes to tithing. The bible reference to tithing IMO means at the very least give 10% if you are capable of doing more, do so.

I think that is where JESUS was with the Pharisees. They made lots of money, but never gave more then 10%. They did so because it was law, not because their hearts were in it.

I'm certain you understand this, but I wanted to help clarify for others.

Umm ... I think that was my point ...
I see the tithe as only a starting point. --snip-- So I will say give, give lavishly, give extravagantly, give with abandon. Last, but not least, give obediently, in the words of Mary at the wedding in Canaan, "Whatever He says, do it.
"

Also read the Deut passages with the context of it being Moses' last testimony, his final chance to make sure the people get it right ... It'll mess with your head if you ponder them with an open mind.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by MiddleClassMaiden Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:51 am

abby ann wrote:

A VERY GREAT POST AND WELCOME HERE!!!!!AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!!!!Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 1261280965 Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 1261280965 Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 1261280965 Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 1815401988 Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 974290055

Excellent WORD... and POST! EXACTLY according to God's Word! THANKS SO MUCH!
MiddleClassMaiden :flower: Ilikeyou Ilikeyou Ilikeyou
MiddleClassMaiden
MiddleClassMaiden
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MiddleClassMaiden Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:09 am

Great Words! and POST! Agree with you 100% GOD will direct exactly HOW MUCH and to WHOM and over WHAT PERIOD OF TIME to give... HE knows what is BEST for HIS own... and HE will direct YOU to respond to HIS direction in their behalf...
...from the Heart
MiddleClassMaiden :flower: Ilikeyou Ilikeyou Ilikeyou
MiddleClassMaiden
MiddleClassMaiden
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GivingGodTheGlory Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:11 pm

J.C. Penney gave away 90% .......... and look how God blessed him! Sure he did not start out at 90%, however, he worked up to that.

That should be our goal.

You just cannot outgive God.

IN ALL YOUR WAYS, ACKNOWLEDGE THE LORD GOD AND HE SHALL DIRECT YOUR PATHS.

GivingGodTheGlory

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:15 pm

My parents grew up in the same town where he lived. He was known for his kindness and his generosity as well as his integrity. I understand that his accountants told him there was no way he could give like he wanted. He told them "watch me." I imagine he is none too happy with the path his company has taken the last few years.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:31 pm

Just going down memory lane.  I miss a lot of these people .... Are any of you still around?  Stop in and say HI!

ayestu

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 pm

the ones over a million first thing is to keep your mouth shut, secondly .get a good tax lawyer and accountant. thirdly make sure you have asset protection if you want to keep  your money. fourth if you do not own high end homes or  cars be very carefull because people do pickup on thins like this and lastly set up a plan where you live off your interest and not your principal and you will be fine one more thing people will always find out you came into money and will try different scams to put your money in their pocket
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:28 pm

ayestu Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 2834342768 Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 2834342768 Already Blessed - Tips for when you get Blessed financially 2218296283
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:26 pm

thanks t but the real problem is most will piss it away in six months and they are back to square one.   my neighbor who inherited a half a mil he bought a 100000 boat and other things forgot about ins  dockage gas and 6months later he sold it for 50000 and that's all of his money left. let this be a lesson to all
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:20 pm

The old adage still stands- 'A fool and his money are soon to be parted'-My grandfather told me one time when I was around 10-11 years old, ' if you want to be rich one day, when you earn a dollar, you spend a quarter, and save .75 cents- I always  tried to live out his advice, because it makes more sense as I am older, than it did way back then, but he was right-When he was standing talking to someone, he rattled the change in his pockets, and as I remember, they always had a bulge at the bottom- At the end of the day, he would sort it out, and put it in quart mason jars, and I do that myself, to this day-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum