Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

POLL --- Where will your Charity be

+15
Ponee
whatmework
fang2
Kevind53
Purpleskyz
sunnysideup
rick152
therealbutterfly
1alaskan
veggielover
MartyM
SueR
wb4ukl
ADMIN
Trac
19 posters

Go down

Where do you plan to give ? You may select more than one answer.

POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_lcap16%POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_rcap 16% 
[ 52 ]
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_lcap4%POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 12 ]
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_lcap13%POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 41 ]
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_lcap10%POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 31 ]
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_lcap9%POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 29 ]
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_lcap3%POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 11 ]
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_lcap4%POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_rcap 4% 
[ 14 ]
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_lcap11%POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 35 ]
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_lcap18%POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 56 ]
POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_lcap11%POLL --- Where will your Charity be I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 36 ]

Total Votes : 317

POLL --- Where will your Charity be Empty POLL --- Where will your Charity be

Post by Trac Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:53 am

I love polls - They are fun and help us get to know each others feelings.

I know we are all going to give and share our new wealth with others.

Where will that be for you ?

I was limited to 10 selections. I am sure there are many other places people plan to share their new wealth.

YOU MAY SELECT MORE THAN ONE
Trac
Trac

Back to top Go down

POLL --- Where will your Charity be Empty Re: POLL --- Where will your Charity be

Post by ADMIN Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:35 pm

Cool Trac . . . Thanks!

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

http://dinardaily@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

POLL --- Where will your Charity be Empty Re: POLL --- Where will your Charity be

Post by wb4ukl Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:41 pm

The salvation army is about the most careful with the dollars they receive. In fact, the guy who runs the thing barely receives enough to live on, where as most other orgs, like the united way, the red cross, etc, spend millions on salaries and advertising. You get the best bang for your dollar with the salvation army. I intend to give much to people directly, but through a church. It will be through a corporation set up, so they won't know who it is from.

wb4ukl

Back to top Go down

Post by SueR Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:54 pm

I am such a fan or soup kitchens and homeless shelters! There are so many people here in the US who cannot put a decent meal on the table let alone have a roof over theirs heads. Pan handeling has gone nuts here in Florida. There are so many people living in the woods now. It is very sad! I want to keep the money in the USA.

Yes, I did read that 60% of the Iraqi's are poor and I pray the IQD RV will help them all. I am grateful for this windfall coming to Iraq and the US.

Come (not go) IQD RV to the USA!

SueR

Back to top Go down

POLL --- Where will your Charity be Empty Just a thought...

Post by MartyM Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Though I admit to being partial (for personal reasons), I can't imagine that anyone does not know of someone In the Millitary (Active/Veteran) that cannot use help. I hope we all remember what we owe our servicemen and woman.
MartyM
MartyM
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by SueR Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:13 pm

MartyM wrote:Though I admit to being partial (for personal reasons), I can't imagine that anyone does not know of someone In the Millitary (Active/Veteran) that cannot use help. I hope we all remember what we owe our servicemen and woman.

You are correct MartyM, here in my home town we have veterans living on the streets here and in the woods. I am constantly taking lunch to some of these people. My husband is in law enforcement and asks me every day to be careful when I take food to them!

Thanks for your post MartyM.

SueR

Back to top Go down

Post by Trac Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:12 pm

MartyM wrote:Though I admit to being partial (for personal reasons), I can't imagine that anyone does not know of someone In the Millitary (Active/Veteran) that cannot use help. I hope we all remember what we owe our servicemen and woman.

I agree many of the homeless people and people who need the soup kitchens are our US verterns that have no home or job to feed themselves.

I certainly will not forget them and all they have done for our country. I am a vietnam era veteran and was fortunate enough to find a job when I got out of the service. Many were not so fortunate and are now living on the streets.
Trac
Trac

Back to top Go down

Post by veggielover Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:09 pm

SueR wrote:

You are correct MartyM, here in my home town we have veterans living on the streets here and in the woods. I am constantly taking lunch to some of these people. My husband is in law enforcement and asks me every day to be careful when I take food to them!

Thanks for your post MartyM.

Marty is right and your intentions are good SueR, but your husband is right! You must be very careful because a very LARGE number of the homeless are there because they have gone insane on mind altering medications. That is even more true for our troops - most of those who are now homeless are there because our government has drugged them out of their minds. & these medications can make them very violent as they go into breaks from reality!

That is also why we have more deaths from suicide now than combat deaths & why so many vets are involved in murder/suicide cases. These are direct effects of these meds & the withdrawal from these meds as well. A listed side effect on antidepressants is "homicidal ideation" - that is not just homicide, but constant ruminating thoughts of killing someone/anyone & constant ruminating thoughts on methods of killing someone. I hear from the troops all the time that antidepressants were almost required as a condition of them going to Iraq because there was so much pressure put on them to take these drugs in spite of FDA warnings that antidepressants taken by someone under the age of 25 will DOUBLE their chance of suicide!!! Many more are so medicated that they are coming home & dying in their sleep y young healthy men!

This has been a holocaust among our troops & our entire nation (to get a glimpse of just the tip of this iceberg think of Columbine & school shootings that were rare before these drugs & see if a case you wondered about is on a database of these antidepressant-induced nightmares - www.ssristories.com.) I intend to do all I can to help stop these nightmares.

I also want to cover the nation with fruit trees so that people will always have a source for food. Just call me Johnny Appleseed! bounce

veggielover

Back to top Go down

Post by 1alaskan Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Church, church, church,

In that order

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
Marilyn Vos Savant

Yesterday would have been better, but today is a good day

Remember as always, JMHO
Rantings from just north of sixty

1alaskan
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:35 pm

You forgot one of the most important charities.... VETERANS!
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rick152 Sun May 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Yes TRB Veterans. Also I would like to set something up where I feed familys. Buy a months supply of food for a family and have it delivered anonymously, so as not to embarass the recipient or draw any attention to myself.

Love understands, Love supports, comforts and, cares for. Love forgives. Love also honors, respects and, believes
so please;
Love each other and yourself ...rick152
rick152
rick152
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnysideup Wed May 09, 2012 11:39 pm

I have been reading all the great suggestions, and I agree with them, but what about the American farmers and keeping them on their farms?

sunnysideup

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz Thu May 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Yes VETERANS!!!!

Did you know that our gov will not help the VietNam vets IF they were drafted? Not for anything? Disgusting!!!

Did you know that even if enlisted in the war in Vietnam that our gov refuses to help those that THEY sprayed with agent Orange unless they can provide VISUAL proof they were there? Double Disgusting!!!!

Also I am going to pay for the rents for some of the folks that I know so they will not have to scrap by. Most of these folks are seniors and have been so mistreated by the system.

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2245507099POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu May 10, 2012 2:09 pm

Not so sure about that ... I have a couple of clients where were there and receive full disability actually, they do fairly well. I will try to remember to ask them next time I see them though. If someone is having problems have them contact their local Legion or Vet's Club, they have contact information for advocacy groups that can help with the red tape. BTW I am a Vietnam Era Vet although never exposed.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2805820865  POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2805820865  POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2805820865  POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz Thu May 10, 2012 2:23 pm

I am friends with a man that was drafted. He can recieve no benefits for anything because he was drafted. He suffers from PTSS and was told he is on his own.

I have a tenant that enlisted. He was also a Chicago cop for decades. He is now riddled with cancer from agent orange and the VA told him he has to provide them with pictures of himself over there. Silly man forgot his camera back in the states and has no proof. Apparently the office that housed his records burnt in a fire. Now they will not help him. There were men in his plattoon that had pics but they are now deceased. Yep... died from agent orange exposure.

I am appalled at how this gov treats any vet. I am friends with a group of Harley riders and we are organizing rallies to help this man. I do not know if it will even begin to ease the costs of his chemo but I feel so bad for him and am trying to do anything to help him. I have been helping him sell his belongings so he can have the cash to recieve some treatments but it is only a small amount. He will be the first one that I try to help. Just hope I will be able to in time.

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2245507099POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu May 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Something is not right there ... first of all, benefits are the same whether you enlisted or were drafted. Secondly according to the Va's own guidelines, they are to: "Presume that a veteran who served on active duty in the
RVN during the Vietnam Era was exposed to a herbicide agent unless
there is affirmative evidence to
the contrary.
"

There is a lot of Agent Orange related info here: http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/benefits/herbicide/

Again, I would contact the local veteran's office (I assume he has already doen that,) if no joy there, contact the local veterans groups. They likely have someone who can assist, or contact info for such a person. You may also want to contact your local congress persons. You will be amazed at how they can cut through the red tape when you have a case.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2805820865  POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2805820865  POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2805820865  POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz Thu May 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Thanks Kevin for those suggestions. I also wondered but have no reason to not believe them.

Had not thought of contacting a congress person.

Great info on that link Kevin! Thanks much!

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Thu May 10, 2012 5:32 pm

purpleskyz wrote:Thanks Kevin for those suggestions. I also wondered but have no reason to not believe them.

Had not thought of contacting a congress person.

Great info on that link Kevin! Thanks much!

As an insurance agent specializing in the retired and retirement planning I encounter a lot of Viet Nam vets. Many of them with disabilities, so I am perhaps a little more aware of what's out there than most. Hope it all works out OK for your friend ... He SHOULD be getting help. If you have trouble locating someone to talk to, let me know, my brother is a legion post commander and he may be able to get the info for the local contacts.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by fang2 Thu May 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Good one sunnysideup, glad to hear from you for your very first post. Keep up the good work !!!!
fang2
fang2
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by whatmework Fri May 11, 2012 10:37 pm

I have a special needs child, and I have to recommend Children's Miracle Network and the Shriners Hospitals.

We could not have given her the care she has received without their help. She was never supposed to walk, and by the grace of God and the hands and financial support supplied by these two organizations, she walks, without braces, and is doing very well. Most people who meet her have no idea that she has any kind of problem.

May God bless them and You in any endeavor you participate in.
whatmework
whatmework

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:10 pm

There ar some really good ideas on here! I plan on giving to many on that list. I also want to give to the organization that provides facial surgery for those children who have the severe hairlip and cleft palatte deformaties. Does anyone have info on that? ANd to continue building water wells in Peru. Our family has been doing that for years. It would just be nice to do it on a larger level.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:33 pm

Church, fire department and vetrans are going to be my first and then we'll see?

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Indeed- Veterans, and anything that is dedicated to the feeding the hungry, and animal shelters, and children's hospitals, like the Shriners, to help children in dire need of medical services, and deformities-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Ponee wrote:There ar some really good ideas on here! I plan on giving to many on that list. I also want to give to the organization that provides facial surgery for those children who have the severe hairlip and cleft palatte deformaties. Does anyone have info on that? ANd to continue building water wells in Peru. Our family has been doing that for years. It would just be nice to do it on a larger level.

I have a brother in law who volunteers with Operation Smile ... http://www.operationsmile.org/

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Wow, this thread is an oldie but goodie. It reminded me of some of our friends who haven't stopped by to visit in a very long time.
There are some great ideas for good works once we have the funds to begin. I still plan to do something with shelters for battered women and children; animal shelters and funding spay and neuter clinics; scholarships; helping veterans. I understand it's taking nearly a year after applying for veterans to receive any benefits. That is a crime, and I'd like to help with advancing them some living money in the interim. I plan to keep my eyes and my heart open to do some anonymous donations as the needs present themselves.

Oh, and I do plan to give up my "day job" ... immediately!

P.S.--Operation Smile is a fantastic organization! I've seen how that surgery can change a life. Wonderful work!

POLL --- Where will your Charity be Emoticon-animal-028

Keep smiling ... It'll make 'em wonder what you're up to!

POLL --- Where will your Charity be Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Yes they do, I have some nieces who just volunteered with someone who does dental care in Africa, but don't remember if it's the same group or not.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Good Ideas here ! Hey newbies, Do you have some thoughts?

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:23 pm

OK, I need to know: Is ADMIN Ponee? Or is it someone else? I'm confused. scratch

POLL --- Where will your Charity be Bump~0 Will someone please let the RV Widget out of the jar?
SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:29 pm

OOOps I forgot I was in admin mode. It is the only way i can do some things on the board. Like get rid of the annoying ads.....And they are POOOOOF GONE !!! YAY! I am off to do some errands, I will return and chat with you all later! Hugs !

ADMIN
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SEBtopdog Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:33 pm

Whew, thanks Ponee. I was afraid "Big Sis" was watching us from Homeland Security. POLL --- Where will your Charity be 4115835343POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2834342768

SEBtopdog
SEBtopdog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by PALMER01 Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:30 pm

I think she probably is-- we "terrorists", you know. Oops, that word will get them on here for sure.
PALMER01
PALMER01
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Who cares if 'Big SIP' ,is watching, she should go pizz up a rope- She's as bad, if not worse than the rest of those commie prikks- {Feinstein- she's a Zionist, so what's that tell you}Mad MadPOLL --- Where will your Charity be 2359006407
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:29 pm

terbo56 wrote:Who cares if 'Big SIP' ,is watching, she should go pizz up a rope- She's as bad, if not worse than the rest of those commie prikks- {Feinstein- she's a Zionist, so what's that tell you}Mad MadPOLL --- Where will your Charity be 2359006407

You scare me sometimes Terbo.......POLL --- Where will your Charity be 2032510400

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Nah Feinstein's probably a commie just like Marx and Lenin ... Kinda ironic considering the persecution other Jews suffered at the hands of the communist party.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Troyboy Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:38 pm

I VOTED !  And I checked them ALL.  I can't wait to share my blessing with others.  I could add dozens more to the list above. As I am sure you all could too. Come on RV. Time to do your thing so we can do our thing !
Troyboy
Troyboy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by frustrated Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:13 am

Like Troyboy, i checked them all.  I would love to be able to give to as many people and organizations as I could.  I already do, but I would love for it to be on a larger scale

frustrated

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum