Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Deleting the 3 zeros  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Deleting the 3 zeros

5 posters

Go down

Deleting the 3 zeros  Empty Deleting the 3 zeros

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:53 pm

I'm new to the dinar roller coaster, I was reading Dinar recaps and 8ball was saying the 3 zeros and being dropped and the rate is 1 to 1. If I have a million Dinar in 25000 denom, how much would this RV at with this information. Thanks, too new to figure this one out.

Back to top Go down

Deleting the 3 zeros  Empty Re: Deleting the 3 zeros

Post by bigdaddytim Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:55 pm

If that scenario were to play out, then it would be worth $25 for a 25,000 dinar note.
bigdaddytim
bigdaddytim
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Deleting the 3 zeros  Empty My position on this

Post by rfguy Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Last night I had to explain this to my friend, there is no LOP. The translation issues between Arabic and English is frought with error. Let me share my perspective.

Lifting the three zeros means raising up. When you lift something you are raising. You are not taking away. In my opinion lifting the three zeros means raising the value. Now per what the CBI states, raising the three zeros means lifting the value to equal to that of the USD. Now stay with me on this. Right now we are what at 1170 Dinar per USD...so if I lift the three zeros I am moving the decimal over three to 1.17 to the Dollar. I believe that they ultimately want 25000 Dinar to equate to 25000 USD. So lifting the three zeros does not mean eliminating the three zeros literally and making the Dinar only 25 Dinar instead what I feel they mean is raising the value of their Dinar on par with the USD. So that means they still want to remove the higher notes from circulation right then they will have 25000 Dinar notes worth 25000 USD notes in their bank being withdrawn. At the same time they release lower denominated notes and coins again on par with the USD. So in fact a 1, 5, 10 so on will be worth comparably to the USD.

This is my reasoning. I feel I am correct in my methodology but may be off on the rate but just the same I did read articles in the Iraqi newspapers myself over the weekend that did state a 1:1 ratio to the USD.

rfguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Ouch! My $1170 investment would have a value of $1000

Back to top Go down

Post by rvnow55 Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:23 pm

rfguy wrote:Last night I had to explain this to my friend, there is no LOP. The translation issues between Arabic and English is frought with error. Let me share my perspective.

Lifting the three zeros means raising up. When you lift something you are raising. You are not taking away. In my opinion lifting the three zeros means raising the value. Now per what the CBI states, raising the three zeros means lifting the value to equal to that of the USD. Now stay with me on this. Right now we are what at 1170 Dinar per USD...so if I lift the three zeros I am moving the decimal over three to 1.17 to the Dollar. I believe that they ultimately want 25000 Dinar to equate to 25000 USD. So lifting the three zeros does not mean eliminating the three zeros literally and making the Dinar only 25 Dinar instead what I feel they mean is raising the value of their Dinar on par with the USD. So that means they still want to remove the higher notes from circulation right then they will have 25000 Dinar notes worth 25000 USD notes in their bank being withdrawn. At the same time they release lower denominated notes and coins again on par with the USD. So in fact a 1, 5, 10 so on will be worth comparably to the USD.

This is my reasoning. I feel I am correct in my methodology but may be off on the rate but just the same I did read articles in the Iraqi newspapers myself over the weekend that did state a 1:1 ratio to the USD.

I was soo just thinking about that right now. I was getting myself worried. I was worried b/c I can't understand how the lower denoms (50,500 so on) will be worth more later down the road after they expire the 25k notes. I think im having a dinar fart today haha. Is this correct.....

25,000 IQD traded 1 for 1 = 25,000 USD correct?
500 IQD traded 2 for 1 = 1,000 USD correct? (when the iqd raises a bit more in its value)

Or am i just not getting this? Who knows, I sure do hope it comes out to the $3 range, it will be so much easier.

Please somebody clear this up for me, thanks.

rvnow55
Forum Fanatic
Forum Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by jtdinar Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:25 pm

bigdaddytim wrote:If that scenario were to play out, then it would be worth $25 for a 25,000 dinar note.

Incorrect

jtdinar

Back to top Go down

Deleting the 3 zeros  Empty Clearing it up

Post by rfguy Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:32 pm

rvnow55 wrote:
rfguy wrote:Last night I had to explain this to my friend, there is no LOP. The translation issues between Arabic and English is frought with error. Let me share my perspective.

I was soo just thinking about that right now. I was getting myself worried. I was worried b/c I can't understand how the lower denoms (50,500 so on) will be worth more later down the road after they expire the 25k notes. I think im having a dinar fart today haha. Is this correct.....

25,000 IQD traded 1 for 1 = 25,000 USD correct?
500 IQD traded 2 for 1 = 1,000 USD correct? (when the iqd raises a bit more in its value)

Or am i just not getting this? Who knows, I sure do hope it comes out to the $3 range, it will be so much easier.

Please somebody clear this up for me, thanks.

Quit worrying about 3 versus 2 keep it at 1 to 1 ratio. You are making it way to hard. It is very simple math. 1 TO 1 equals 1 To 1. Yes if my Dinar is now 3 then it is 3 to 1 rato. 3 Dinar per 1 USD.

rfguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:33 pm

If a person was to buy the low denom (10 Dinar)for roughly 4 times the price, how would that effect the outcome in RV value?

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:45 pm

phoenix13 wrote:If a person was to buy the low denom (10 Dinar)for roughly 4 times the price, how would that effect the outcome in RV value?

You cant get 10 dinar notes cuz they dont exist for purchase. There is no need to spend money on smaller notes unless its the same price as the large notes because the value is still the same. Just dealers charge more.
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:51 pm

I wish more people would understand how a redenomination works.... Research Turkey and Romania and you will see how it plays out. Or here is link to how it happened in Ghana. http://www.pwc.com/en_GH/gh/pdf/re-denomination-of-the-cedi.pdf I know there is another document on the turkey redenom from Price Waterhouse Coopers. I will find the link. Hope this helps you guys understand more vs what people just say.
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddytim Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:19 pm

jtdinar wrote:
bigdaddytim wrote:If that scenario were to play out, then it would be worth $25 for a 25,000 dinar note.

Incorrect

Everyone deserves their say, so say to me how I am incorrect? If a 25,000 dinar is "lopped" to a 25 and the revaluation is a 1-1 post rv, how is that not correct???
bigdaddytim
bigdaddytim
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:20 pm

bigdaddytim wrote:
jtdinar wrote:

Incorrect

Everyone deserves their say, so say to me how I am incorrect? If a 25,000 dinar is "lopped" to a 25 and the revaluation is a 1-1 post rv, how is that not correct???

You are correct. jtdinar is just cranky from people considering it might not happen like we all want and hope and pray.
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdaddytim Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Thank you. I thought I was losing my mojo!!
bigdaddytim
bigdaddytim
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by therealbutterfly Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Nope you are still good to go!!!! lol
therealbutterfly
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:55 pm

[..OKIE OIL MAN] ASELLS--RATE IS ALL OVER THE BOARD----LAST I HEARD (HEARD) WAS 3.68----ANYTHING CAN CHANGE THO--ALSO HEARD ABOUT A LOWER RATE BEING INITIATED TO DRAW ALL THE 3 ZEROS IN POSSIBLE AND THEN RATE MAY RISE FROM THERE-----TIME WILL TELL

OKIE'S latest post reflects the earlier info. I'm wondering what this means to RV.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum