Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo

Go down

Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  Empty Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo

Post by Ponee Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:10 pm

Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  Horse

Houston police Officer D. Herrejon comforted his dying patrol horse during her final moments after a traffic accident on Dec. 3.

The patrol horse, Charlotte, had been a part of the Houston Police Department (HPD) for four years. During a morning patrol, she was startled by a traffic noise and threw her rider, Herrejon, from her back as she ran into an incoming cement truck, the Houston Chronicle reports.

“Her back legs were severely injured and she was put to sleep at the scene,” HDP spokeswoman Jodi Silva said, according to the Chronicle.
Herrejon refused to leave Charlotte’s side, lying down next to her as she passed away. He was then taken to the local St. Joseph Hospital as a precaution but was released without injuries.

Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  Herrejon_horse_c0-21-640-394_s561x327
(Houston Police Officer D. Herrejon comforts patrol horse Charlotte after traffic accident. Photo Credit: Animal Justice League/Facebook)

A total of 32 out of the HDP’s 38 horses are on active patrol duty. Charlotte, a 6-year-old Tennessee Walker, had been born in Oklahoma.

As of Dec. 8, the photograph of Herrejon comforting Charlotte has been shared online by Facebook users over 1,000 times, according to The Washington Times.
The HDP, in a statement posted on Facebook, said:

It is with heavy hearts that we announce the death of Charlotte, an HPD Mounted Patrol horse, who died in the line of duty this morning in a motor vehicle accident. This is an ongoing investigation, but the driver of the vehicle is not believed to be at-fault. Her rider, Officer D. Herrejon, was taken to the hospital as a precaution, but is doing well.
Charlotte came to HPD as an unstarted 2-year old Tennessee Walker from Oklahoma. She thrived in HPD Mounted Patrol’s barefoot and natural horsemanship programs. She passed her evaluation period with flying colors and was working the streets of Downtown Houston within a short time of being started under saddle. She loved her job and was always ready to go to work putting bad guys in jail or giving nuzzles to children. She served the citizens of Houston for 4 years.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/social/houston-police-officer-comforts-his-dying-patrol-horse-her-final-moments

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  Empty Re: Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo

Post by Ponee Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:12 pm

It is with heavy hearts that we announce the death of Charlotte, an HPD Mounted Patrol horse, who died in the line of duty this morning in a motor vehicle accident. This is an ongoing investigation, but the driver of the vehicle is not believed to be at-fault. Her rider, Officer D. Herrejon, was taken to the hospital as a precaution, but is doing well.
Charlotte came to HPD as an unstarted 2-year old Tennessee Walker from Oklahoma. She thrived in HPD Mounted Patrol’s barefoot and natural horsemanship programs. She passed her evaluation period with flying colors and was working the streets of Downtown Houston within a short time of being started under saddle. She loved her job and was always ready to go to work putting bad guys in jail or giving nuzzles to children. She served the citizens of Houston for 4 years.

She will be missed.

Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  11254574_10153713823209720_6941845323167061489_n  Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  12321298_10153713823274720_3676217950554804777_n

Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  12311082_10153713823339720_5173774461174548666_n

Houston Police Officer Says Goodbye To Dying Patrol Horse In Heartbreaking Photo  12308361_10153713823549720_2021998917462167892_n

https://www.facebook.com/Houstonpolice/posts/10153713827604720

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum