Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them

+2
aksafeone
Purpleskyz
6 posters

Go down

3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them Empty 3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them

Post by Purpleskyz Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:10 pm

3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them

“Sometimes a change of perspective is all it takes to see the light.” ~Dan Brown

It was a cold January morning in California when a woman living on the streets uttered three words that forever altered my life.

It started with my alarm blaring its wake-up call at 6:15AM. I had a Kundalini yoga class at 7:00, but I wanted nothing more than to hit the snooze button. I did. Four times.

Lying in bed with drowsy eyes open, I silently whined, “Do I have to go? I don’t wanna… Why did I sign up for this?” I was in full resistance when I finally got up and forced myself out the door.

Rushing to the yoga studio, with my mat under my arm and an unenthusiastic attitude in tow, I crossed the path of a woman on crutches.

Enlarge this image
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them Sunset

She had a missing leg and was clearly homeless; but rather than ask for money or food, she pointed a finger at me, smiled, and asked, “You going to yoga?”

“Yes,” I replied.

Her smile got bigger before she said, “Good for you. You’re lucky.” She continued on her way, but her words, so direct and honest, crippled me momentarily.

In that moment, I realized something big. Something life-changing big. I am lucky. I don’t have to go to yoga; I get to go. Those three words—I get to—completely changed how I experience life.

It wasn’t a fell-swoop change. It took effort and time. It took me being aware of my perspective, even catching myself in the backslide. I learned that if we’ve chosen to do something, there’s a good reason why; there’s something we’ll gain from it, even if we can’t see what that is. Yet.

After that day I saw how much I categorized things in my life. There was the “have to’s” and the “should’s.”

And when I lived from that perspective—the one of obligation—it completely stripped me of the fulfillment of all the things, even those I disguised as should’s, that are actually extraordinary blessings. They are things I want to experience, do, and learn.

Not only that, I was the one who chose to go to yoga in the first place. It’s crazy how all of a sudden my choice had become something that was being forced upon me.

There are benefits in the choices and decisions we make. And in those moments of have-to’s and should’s, we can shift into an attitude of get-to, which will transform our experience of those moments to being one of choice and a blessing.

Also seeing everything in life as a ‘get to’ has us focus on the positive benefits. You can apply those three powerful words—I get to—to any experience you feel resistant about. When you do, the resistance turn into liberation.

Up until that life-altering day, I had been feeling like this beautiful privilege of practicing yoga was something that was being forced upon me like so many other things in life. But really, I was lucky to get to wake up in a warm bed, and lucky to get to walk myself into the yoga studio with two working legs and a healthy body to do my sacred practice.

Often, we reserve luck to coincidences and random acts, like winning the lottery. But each of us is lucky, in our own right.

We can apply this same shift of thinking even when there is something that can feel challenging, like working a double shift on a Saturday.

That double shift doesn’t have to be the thing we grumble about; rather, it can be the thing we appreciate. That shift we get to do on a Saturday means we have a job and money to live.

While those three words can often shift your attitude to one of gratitude, it can’t fix everything.

There are some things in life we just have to endure—like being there for a loved one who’s fighting cancer—and that’s okay. We’re only human. Our experiences are never black or white but always a varying shade of alive.

It’s been about a year since that encounter on the sidewalk, and my world has shifted. In the big-big way. In the way that matters.

Living from a place of “I get to” and forgiving myself when I slip, which I’m happy to say has become pretty rare, has lessened my inner resistance and created deep fulfillment and possibilities I wouldn’t have seen before.

I now wake up with more vibrancy and gratitude, reminding myself of all that I get to do, get to be, get to know. Lucky me.

Thanks to: http://www.riseearth.com

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them 22455070993 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them Empty Re: 3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them

Post by aksafeone Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Thank you for sharing this.

Reminds me of the childrens book: little engine that could.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them Empty Re: 3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them

Post by Ponee Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Thanks for sharing this with us !  Self Reflection is a good thing ...

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Purpleskyz Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:44 pm

you are welcome!

3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them 2243815925

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
3 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them 22455070993 Words that Will Change Your Entire Life, If You Let Them 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue May 10, 2016 6:42 pm

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UNEEK Tue May 10, 2016 8:18 pm

Thank you for the post - one I have read before  but was meant to read and reflect on again -- 

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own -- Bryant

“When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” ― Wayne W. Dyer

To be persuasive, one must be believable;
To be believable, one must be credible;
To be credible, one must be truthful.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
UNEEK
UNEEK
VIP FEATURED MEMBER
VIP FEATURED MEMBER

http://souljourney.lefora.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze Tue May 10, 2016 11:54 pm

believe in yourself
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBoy Wed May 11, 2016 7:37 pm

Thanks for sharing ;-)
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum