Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war

Go down

Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war Empty Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war

Post by Ponee Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:47 pm

News of mounting death toll comes as UN Security Council backs resolution to probe chlorine gas attacks in the country.

Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war 201382211629798734_20

The fate of 30,000 people who have gone missing in Syria [Reuters]
Almost a quarter of a million people, including nearly 12,000 children, have been killed in Syria's conflict since it broke out in March 2011, a UK-based activist group has said.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said on Friday that it had documented the deaths of 240,381 people, up from its tally of 230,618 announced on June 9.

The latest death toll shows that 11,964 children were among 71,781 civilians killed in Syria.
At least 88,616 regime forces were killed - or one thirds all deaths documented by the SOHR - including 50,570 soldiers, with the rest made up by allied fighters.

The monitor, which relies on a wide network of sources on the ground, put the death toll for rebel fighters at 42,384 and said 34,375 foreign fighters had also been killed in Syria.
The identity of another 3,225 people killed in the conflict remains unknown, according to the observatory.

The fate of 30,000 people who have gone missing in Syria, including 20,000 said to be held in Syrian jails, was not documented in the toll.

It also did not take into account the fate of thousands of loyalist forces held by rebel factions or by the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant group.

The Syrian conflict began with anti-government protests before spiralling into a multi-front war after a brutal regime crackdown.

Diplomatic pressure
The news comes as the UN Security Council voted unanimously on Friday to set up a panel to identify who is behind deadly chlorine gas attacks in Syria, which the West blames on President Bashar al-Assad's regime.

Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war 665003303001_4254018460001_vs-5561b303e4b0f3488f4f3a3f-672293882001
The human toll of the war in Syria
Russia, Syria's veto-wielding ally, endorsed the measure during a vote at the 15-member council that marked a rare display of unity over how to address the conflict.

Under discussion for months, the US-drafted resolution sets up a team of experts tasked with identifying the perpetrators of the chemical weapons attacks and paves the way for possible sanctions to punish them.

Al Jazeera's Gabriel Elizondo, reporting from the UN headquarters in New York, said the resolution now heads to UN Secretary General Ban ki-Moon.

Our correspondent said the unanimous vote was "important and very significant" given the political divisions at the UN on the Syria issue.

Ban has 20 days to form the panel and make recommendations about how the investigation will be conducted. The panel would then make its first report within 90 days.

Meanwhile, there are signs that Syria's government is looking for a diplomatic way to end the war.
Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Muallem has paid a rare visit to the Gulf, the first in four years.
Syria's state news agency said the pair talked about "constructive efforts" to end the war.
Oman has been a mediator in the conflict and has a history of relations with Syria's close ally Iran.

Devastating -'Almost quarter of a million people' dead in Syria war Eaab9f644c7b4a6bba9619f103a22073_18

Source: Al Jazeera and agencie

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/08/quarter-million-people-dead-syria-war-150807093941704.html

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum