Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration.

Go down

This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. Empty This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration.

Post by chilimama Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:11 pm

This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration.

Every year in Nepal, dogs really do get their day during the Hindu celebration Tihar. The five day festival features different themes of worship for each day, the second being reserved for man's best friend.

Similar to the Indian festival of Diwali, it is also known as the Festival of Lights. The participants pay reverence to the gods as well as animals they hold in high regard, including crows and cows along with the pups.

Dogs are believed to be the messenger of Lord Yamaraj, the god of death.

This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. Desktop-1414179997
Imgur

Special garlands and delicious treats are given to dogs as a sign of respect for their loyalty and connection with humans.

This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. Desktop-1414179998
Imgur

Known as Kukur Puja, the colorful festival also include vibrant powdered paint.

This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. Desktop-1414180001
Imgur

Participants also go door to door singing and dancing and light up the night with candles each evening.

This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. Desktop-1414180003
Imgur

I'm sure our pooches would appreciate some extra special pampering from us now and then, too.

This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. Desktop-1414180004
Imgur

This guy seems a little overwhelmed, though.

This Nepalese Hindu Festival Is The Ultimate Dog Lovers Celebration. Desktop-1414180007
Imgur
Dogs definitely deserve all the love and affection for their adorable fluffy faces.

http://www.viralnova.com/kukur-puja/

:okjh:
chilimama
chilimama
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum