Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners

4 posters

Go down

Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners Empty Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners

Post by Ponee Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:22 pm

Fall out with the owner and you might need to beg forgiveness from their dog. In a recent study, to be published in the journal Animal Behaviour, it was found that dogs will generally turn their noses up at food offers from people who were mean to their masters. So next time, you should probably lead by example and be slightly more paws-itive to a dog’s owner.

Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners Shutterstock_177859010

The researchers, from Kyoto University, devised an experiment that showed how dogs who witnessed a stranger being mean to their owner were less likely to then accept treats from the same person, whilst they were more likely to take food from a neutral observer.

“We discovered for the first time that dogs make social and emotional evaluations of people regardless of their direct interest,” Kazuo Fujita, one of the researchers, told AFP. “This ability is one of key factors in building a highly collaborative society, and this study shows that dogs share that ability with humans.”

The experiment involved three groups of 18 dogs, whereby scientists tested how they reacted to a role play situation involving their owner needing help to open a box. In all three groups, the owner of the dog was joined by two complete strangers. In the first group, the owner walked into the room and asked one of the strangers for help in opening the box, and this unfamiliar person actively refused.

In the second group, the owner asked for help from a stranger and received it. In the third group, both strangers acted neutral when the owner asked for help. After letting the dogs watch the situations play out, the two strangers then offered the pooch some food. For the dogs in the first situation (in which their owners were refused help), they were far more likely to ignore the mean stranger and accept food from the neutral person in the room.

For the other two role play scenarios, there was no marked preference for who the dog took snacks from. If the dogs were acting purely out of self-interest, say the researchers, there would have been no significant difference in who the dogs preferred to take food from, but this wasn’t the case. This behavior is not seen in human children until they're around 3 years old, and is quite rare in the rest of the animal kingdom.

“There is a similar study that showed tufted capuchins [a monkey native to South America] have this ability,” said Fujita, “but there is no evidence that chimpanzees demonstrate a preference unless there is a direct benefit to them.”

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/dogs-will-snub-people-who-are-mean-their-owner

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners Empty Re: Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners

Post by crazyjerry123 Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:30 pm

I'd be more worried what the owner's dog would do to me, if I was mean to him or her. I'm not talking instantly, but when the mean person wasn't paying attention. I raised Dobermans and they don't forget.

crazyjerry123

Back to top Go down

Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners Empty Re: Dogs Will Snub People Who Are Mean To Their Owners

Post by RoyBoy Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:14 am

Crazyjerry123: I had dobe's when I was 1st out of the Air Force, and my red female only had one person she would snip at, so funny it was the Lutheran pastor calling at the house every once in a while and the last time he came she got his heel and ask why she didn't like him , I ask him if he had every hit or kicked her and he looked down at the floor. I asked him not to come back and I started going to the Methodist church across the street when I lived in town , and been there every since mmm wow that was 1978.
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:24 am

Dobermans are the best!

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBoy Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:42 pm

LOL My Lilly says grrrrrrrrrrrr lol
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyjerry123 Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:22 am

royboy wrote:Crazyjerry123: I had dobe's when I was 1st out of the Air Force, and my red female only had one person she would snip at, so funny it was the Lutheran pastor calling at the house every once in a while and the last time he came she got his heel and ask why she didn't like him , I ask him if he had every hit or kicked her and he looked down at the floor. I asked him not to come back and I started going to the Methodist church across the street when I lived in town , and been there every since mmm wow that was 1978.

FACT; DOGS KNOW IF YOU'RE BAD AND, OF COURSE, THEY DON'T FORGET, AND DOBIES ARE THE BEST AT IT. I LOVE THEM. RAISED A 120 MALE AND 90 FEMALE, VERY FRIENDLY UNTIL YOU CROSSED THEM OR ANY FAMILY MEMBER. I WAS PISSED AT MY VET BECAUSE HE INSISTED WE HAD TO NEUTER OR MALE BECAUSE HE WAS SO SKINNY, HE WAS WRONG AND WE PAID DEARLY BECAUSE WE COULDN'T BREED HIM.

crazyjerry123

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyjerry123 Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:25 am

ssmith wrote:Dobermans are the best!

ssmith, I agree, the perfect dog. One bad dangerous habit they had, couldn't keep their damn noses off the ground, when following another animal. Almost lost a couple as they sniffed their way across a busy road. Sorry, getting sentimental now.

crazyjerry123

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:45 am

This is my third Dobie & wouldn't consider another breed.  My current boy (profile pic) is 130# and super friendly, especially if you throw the ball for him.  I started doing personal protection training with him when he was almost two.  Should the need ever arise, he has the skills to take care of business.  Or at least he can have some fun while I get the gun!

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyjerry123 Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:47 pm

ssmith wrote:This is my third Dobie & wouldn't consider another breed.  My current boy (profile pic) is 130# and super friendly, especially if you throw the ball for him.  I started doing personal protection training with him when he was almost two.  Should the need ever arise, he has the skills to take care of business.  Or at least he can have some fun while I get the gun!

ssmith, your dobie in the avatar photo here is a dead ringer for my Brutus, who's been gone a long time. First time I seen the photo by your name I nearly cried. But, I'm over it now.

crazyjerry123

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum