Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges

+2
Terbo56
Ponee
6 posters

Go down

Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges Empty Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges

Post by Ponee Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges Nickpatterson_featured

Nick Patterson, 30, of Alex City, Alabama, was sentenced to 99 years in prison after pleading guilty to aggravated animal cruelty charges.

Patterson starved and neglected purebred Collies on his grandparents’ property, leading to his arrest.

A plea deal was struck on Wednesday between Patterson and the prosecution, where he pleaded guilty not only to nine counts of animal abuse, but also three counts of financial transaction card fraud, reports Alex City Outlook.

Assistant District Attorney Damon Lewis, who negotiated the plea deal, hopes this will “send a message” to local residents.

“If you hurt a child or hurt an animal in Tallapoosa County, you are going to prison,” Lewis said. “It’s that simple. This has been an emotional case and one that involved some of the worst animal abuse I have ever seen.”

Police discovered 14 living, but malnourished, dogs in outdoor enclosures where Patterson lived last June. The dogs only had dirty rain water to drink and it was found that they were only fed sporadically, and had been neglected for months. Police also found the remains of six other Collies on the property.

To try and flee from police, Patterson went on the run. It is then that he reportedly fraudulently used credit cards and stolen checks in order to keep going. Patterson eventually turned himself in to authorities in Council Bluffs, Iowa, on July 24.

Patterson was sentenced to 10 years on each of the nine animal abuse counts, and three years on each fraud charge. All sentences will run concurrently.

He may be eligible for parole after he serves a minimum of 18 years, per WSFA.

Patterson is not allowed to ever own an animal again.

WSFA reports that Patterson showed no emotion when the sentence was handed down.

Sources: WSFA, Alex City Outlook / Photo Source: WSFA

By Kathryn Schroeder, Sat, March 7, 2015

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/animal-rights/man-sentenced-99-years-prison-animal-cruelty-charges

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges Empty Re: Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges

Post by Terbo56 Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Maybe they should do the same thing to him-I hate people like that-He deserves everything he gets, plus alot more-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges Empty Re: Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges

Post by Terbo56 Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Maybe they should do the same thing to him-I hate people like that-He deserves everything he gets, plus alot more-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:16 pm

I agree.  I think they need to start producing stiffer laws and penalties for crimes against animals.  But, then again, we can't get the laws out there to protect children so ....

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:20 pm

That's right- The system is totally screwed up-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by catman Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:30 pm

Actually, not nearly as good a result as the misleading headline implies.  Yes, he was technically sentenced to 99 years BUT it was a combination of sentences added together that made up the 99 years, including 54 fraud charges.  He will actually serve 2 years (minus time already served) and then 8 years probation as all of his sentences will be served concurrently.  Too bad it wasn't to be served consecutively. The local newspaper has the story   http://www.alexcityoutlook.com/2015/03/04/patterson-pleads-guilty-on-animal-abuse-charges/
catman
catman
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:34 pm

Catman, thank you for digging deeper.  The added information is helpful. Man Sentenced To 99 Years In Prison On Animal Cruelty Charges 230677302

Too bad he will be out soon and probably back to his unsavory ways.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by catman Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:41 pm

At least they added the provision that he is never again to own an animal.  I suppose that would be a violation of his probation and he could be sent back to prison to serve the time  Most of these scumbags just move to another state and start again.
catman
catman
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:54 pm

I'd give him 10 consecutive life terms- He took those poor Collie's lives, and starved and made the others suffer- Make an example out of him, and crucify anyone doing this in the future-The death sentence seems very fitting- 2cents Twisted Evil
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBoy Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:04 pm

This guy needs a little bit of the electrical treatment to the head for them 2 years
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm thinking 'ol Sparky-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saint Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:45 am

Then again he may get his just reward in prison. Killers and such despise two kinds if prisoners, those that abuse children and those that abuse animals. Hard core prisoners do have a standard to uphold.  2cents

angel2 angel2
Saint
Saint
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HezekiaH Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:39 am

I bet he wishes he had been a drunk driver killing children. That way he could get a lighter sentence.

Wealth is what you have when all your money is gone!!!
HezekiaH
HezekiaH
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:02 am

HezekiaH wrote:I bet he wishes he had been a drunk driver killing children. That way he could get a lighter sentence.

It is sad isn't it HezekiaH.  Our justice system is pretty messed up.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum