Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day

Go down

Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day Empty Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day

Post by Ponee Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:36 pm

So, you’ve taken the plunge and decided to enter the world of crypto-currency. But the question still remains, “What do I do with all of these bitcoins?” This post will cover the basics of setting yourself up for easy spending, keeping your bitcoins safe while doing so, and finally, some reasons why a consumer would want to use Bitcoin as opposed to regular currency.

Using Bitcoin Efficiently

Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day Phone_comuter

If you’ve been following this blog, or are already familiar with bitcoin, then you know not to keep all of your Bitcoin funds in a place that can be easily hacked, such as a web or mobile-based wallet. But spending your bitcoins can be difficult if they’re locked up tight in a secure desktop wallet (such as Armory).

One best practice for this dilemma is to keep a web or mobile wallet handy, such as Blockchain.info’s mobile app, for easy spending, and only transfer small amounts from your desktop client for daily use. This way, even if your less secure wallet is hacked, you’re only out a small amount and the majority of your funds are kept safe.

This is much easier to do than it sounds. All you need to do to transfer funds to your hot (web-enabled) wallet is type in the public address of your hot wallet in your desktop account, sign it with your private desktop key, then go to your hot wallet and confirm the transfer with that account’s private key: simple, convenient, and secure.

But Why Spend Bitcoins in the First Place?

Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day Bitcoin_accepted

There are many reasons why a consumer would choose to use a digital currency like Bitcoin over traditional currency, not only for online purchases, but also for in person transactions.
First, it keeps your credit card information safe from prying eyes. As we have learned from the high profile credit card hacks at Target and Home Depot, among other, smaller hacks, it is relatively simple for someone to access your information if the store is not taking proper precautions.

This means that you always have to trust in third-parties (i.e. the store taking your info and the credit card company) to keep your information safe. This is not the case with digital currency. Since you are the only one who ever sees your private key information, you are always the one in control of your funds.

Merchants benefit from accepting digital currency, too. Credit card companies charge merchants transaction fees for every purchase, which are virtually non-existent with Bitcoin. There is also a high risk of fraud, such as when a consumer commits a charge-back scam. Credit card companies will often side with the customer making the dispute, with the merchant losing money for goods and services they thought were paid for.

Some Caveats

Start Using Bitcoin in Your Day-to-Day People_using_bitcoin

We have seen that there are clear benefits to both the merchant and consumer who are using Bitcoin. So, why are more people using it as currency?

Well, the answer is a sort of chicken-and-egg problem, as consumers don’t see the benefit because not many merchants are accepting Bitcoin and merchants don’t see the need to accept Bitcoin because not many of their customers are using it.

That being said, the number of people buying in to Bitcoin is growing, as is the number of merchants who accept it. It is only a matter of time until a critical mass is reached and this new technology becomes a mainstream form of payment. Until that time comes, here is a list of places you can already spend your Bitcoin so that you too can start enjoying the benefits.

Harborly is a simple, quick and safe way to buy and sell Bitcoin and Litecoin using your local currency. Sign up today to get started!

2015-01-26

https://harbor.ly/blog/start-using-bitcoin-in-your-day-to-day/

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum