Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages

Go down

18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Empty 18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages

Post by Purpleskyz Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:14 pm

18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages

earth porm

Popular Stories
?
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-On-Cliffs4__880

There are many reasons to build a town right into the side of a cliff. It’s advantageous in terms of defense, and also provides the perfect scenic views. There are many cliff side villages all around the world, each one more breathtaking than the next.
Check out 18 of the most stunning cliff-side towns here!
Rocamadour, France 
Located in south western France, Rocamadour sits high above the River Dordogne, and includes the famous sanctuary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, along with many other historically significant monuments.
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-on-cliffs-102__880
Azenhas Do Mar, Sintra, Portugal 
Incredible food, gorgeous views, there are endless reasons that many people consider this seaside village a highlight of Portugal.
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-On-Cliffs21__880
Santorini, Greece 
This island located in the southern Aegean Sea is located 200 km from the mainland of Greece. There are endless things to do in this famous seaside town, complete with black sand beaches, authentic shopping, and bright white buildings.
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-On-Cliffs16__880
Ronda, Spain 
Some 35,000 people call this incredible Spanish province home. Located in southern Spain, this historical town is one of the oldest in Spain.
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Amazing-cliff-city-rock-29__880
Riomaggiore, Italy
Situated on the upper edge of Italy’s boot sits this beautiful location with the most pristine blue waters. While bad weather has badly damaged other Cinque Terre villages, Riomaggiore has a higher altitude which helps keep it safer.
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-On-Cliffs3__880
Manarola, La Spezia, Italy 
Manarola is considered a frazione of Riomaggiore, pictured above. Manarola is the second smallest of the popular chain of Cinque Terre towns.
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-On-Cliffs5__880
Vernazza, Italy 
This town is one of the 5 towns that create the Cinque Terre region.
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-On-Cliffs2__880
Positano, Italy
This village and commune is located on the Amalfi Coast, largely tucked into an enclave in the hills. During Medieval times and into the 16th and 17th centuries this town was very prosperous, but around the mid-ninteenth century most of the population up and moved to America. For a while it remained a poor fishing village but has since regained a lot of popularity, largely thanks to John Steinbeck who wrote in Harper’s Bazaar, “Positano bites deep. It is a dream place that isn’t quite real when you are there and becomes beckoningly real after you have gone.”
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-On-Cliffs22__880
Pitigliano, Grosseto, Italy 
Often referred to as the little Jerusalem, this town has always had a well integrated Jewish community, complete with their own beautiful synagogue.
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-On-Cliffs4__880
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-On-Cliffs23__880
Piodao, Historical Village Of Portugal 
Perched high up in the mountains this small village, made predominately of stone, has around 250 residents. The journey here is long, steep, and a bit scary, but oh so worth it.

18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-On-Cliffs12__880
Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria 
Famously know as the capital of the Second Bulgarian Empire, this city has beautiful views and endless examples of historical architecture.
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages 206_orig1__880
Civita Di Bagnoregio, Italy
80-miles from Rome this incredible town sits perched atop a hill. Civita was founded more than 2,500 years ago. Throughout the 20th century its residents dwindled to 6, but it has since regained some popularity, especially with tourists. Today around 12 people live here throughout the winter, and over 100 people live here in the summer.
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-on-cliffs-104__880
Bonifacio, France 
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-On-Cliffs20__880
Meteora, Greece 
Meteora is considered one of the biggest and most important complexes in regards to Greek Orthodox monasteries, second only to Mount Athos.
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages 1336572012_4249__880
Wadi Dawan, Yemen 
Located in central Yemen, this desert valley town is largley noted for its mud brick buildings.
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-on-cliffs-105__880
Al Hajjarah, Yemen
Tucked away in the Haraz Mountains, this is one of the easiest mountain villages to access in Yemen.
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-on-cliffs-106__880
Haraz, Yemen 
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages Cities-On-Cliffs9__880

Photo Credits:  Sonya Chuhovska,  Janos Gaspar,  Karsten Hansen, Fabian84, Joe Daniel Price, yachtgulet.com, Destination360, ParadiseintheWorld, Petr Kosyh,  Zu Sanchez, Llorenç Montori, MsMetaLady,  Nuno Trindade, Jan Vandorpe, Gabriele Mambrini, Estremo Pecunia, Massimo Squillace, Julia Jackson, Sebastiaan Verschuren,  Frederic Busche, Waleed Nasser

Thanks to: http://www.earthporm.com

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
18 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages 224550709918 Of The Most Stunning Cliff-Side Villages 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum