Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Go Russia
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family?

2 posters

Go down

Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? Empty Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family?

Post by Ponee Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? This delicious but super easy pulled pork can be thrown together in minutes, frozen until needed, then slow cooked to perfection. Best of all, it feeds 8-10 people with a $5 cut of meat (but tastes so good that no one will ever know!)

Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? Easyfreezerpulledporksquare2

Pulled pork is one of those recipes that always intimidated me.  Until, that is, I actually tried it and discovered not just how ridiculously easy it is to make, but how inexpensive it is to make a delicious, hearty meal for a crowd that even the pickiest eaters in the bunch will RAVE about!

The first time I made it I had planned to use pork shoulder (also known as Boston Butt), but the butcher at Publix was inexplicably out of all pork shoulders.  When I told her I was planning to make pulled pork, she recommended I use a picnic cut instead, which is one of the cheapest cuts of meat, but works just as well.  I was a little skeptical when I saw I could get a huge chunk of meat for just five dollars, but I decided to trust the butcher.  After all, she’s never steered me wrong before!

Well.  Let me just tell you that I have now made this easy freezer pulled pork recipe for a crowd several times, and it is always a huge hit!  My $5 chunk of meat easily feeds 8 people, with enough for seconds (and even some thirds!)  It is also a nice “cheater” freezer recipe that can be prepared ahead as part of a freezer cooking day, then frozen until needed.   Seriously, this one is a winner through and through.

This recipe can be started in the morning and ready to hit the table for dinner with little effort but a ton of flavor!

Ingredients

• 2 2-3 pound pork shoulder (also called pork butt or Boston Butt)
  • salt & pepper
  • 1/2 sweet onion
  • 2 cups barbecue sauce
  • 2 cans Root Beer
  • 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
  • 2 tablespoons liquid smoke (optional)
  • rolls or hamburger buns

Instructions

[list=instructions]
[*]Rub meat with salt and pepper; set aside.
[*]Chop onion; set aside.
[*]In medium bowl, whisk together barbecue sauce, Root Beer, seasoned salt, and liquid smoke until smooth then add chopped onion.
[*]Divide meat into two gallon-size Ziploc bags. (Be sure to label bags before using!) Divide sauce in half and pour over meat; freeze until needed.
[*]Thaw in refrigerator; pour contents into slow cooker and cook on low heat for 8 hours. Pull meat apart with fork then serve on rolls or hamburger buns
[/list]

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8 hours
Number of servings (yield): 8-10

Read more at http://www.livingwellspendingless.com/2014/07/16/easy-freezer-pulled-pork/#rMcVfhDOdrX4kExE.99
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? Empty Re: Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family?

Post by Billyg Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:26 pm

A slow cooker will do it every time. It has been one of my secrets for a long time.
Billyg
Billyg
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family? Empty Re: Need a cheap and hearty way to feed a hungry family?

Post by Ponee Tue May 10, 2016 6:57 pm

YEP!!!! SLOW COOKERS are the way to go !  No slaving over the stove all day !

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum