Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2024 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal

Go down

Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal Empty Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal

Post by Ponee Mon May 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal

• On Mar, 12, 2014
  •  Gary 

Community Reacts to Satoshi Nakamoto Reveal Dorian-satoshi-nakamoto-300x168

IMAGE: NICK UT/ASSOCIATED PRESS

Leah McGrath Goodman’s exposé about the real (?) Satoshi Nakamoto has sent the Internet and Bitcoin community buzzing. The two month investigation revealed that Satoshi Nakamoto is a 64-year Japanese American with a background in classified military engineering and loves collecting model trains. He is a humble man who lives with his mother in Temple City, California and drives a beat up Toyota Corolla.

However, Goodman received a smorgasbord of reaction from the digital folks; and perhaps, the most vocal about this is chief Bitcoin scientist Gavin Andresen who, in his Twitter handle said that he now regrets talking to the journalist. “I’m disappointed Newsweek decided to dox the Nakamoto family,” he said on Twitter. Dox is an Internet jargon for revealing one’s identities.

On Reddit’s subforum dedicated to Bitcoin, reactions vary from fascination, anger and disbelief. One commenter said that Newsweek “didn’t bother to respect his privacy at all.” Another one said that the “article reveals so much about him that he’s now easy to find.”

Despite these comments, prominent Bitcoin personalities are still in denial about the discovery. Charlie Shrem, the former CEO of BitInstant is sceptical about Goodman’s report and believes that the real Nakamoto is still out there. He said told CoinDesk that he finds “it hard to believe that a guy who’s name is Dorian Nakamoto who went sooo far, farther than anyone I know to hide is (sic) anonymity, signed messages with PGP, used a throw away email address, avoided all emails about his personal like, worked for the US government, would use his REAL name on potentially the most groundbreaking technological innovation of our time.”

Newsweek’s piece on the identity of Satoshi Nakamoto elicited mixed emotions in Bitcoin communities and social media. No matter what people think about this, one thing is for sure, it hasn’t affected the network protocol and bitcoin’s value.

http://bitcoindaily.com/bitcoin-community-reacts-to-satoshi-nakamoto-reveal/
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum