Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Carnival Rides
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:03 pm by kenlej

» Go Russia
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 11:37 am by kenlej

» Go Russia
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 10:51 am by kenlej

» Textbook Tony
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2024 4:13 pm by Mission1st

» The Rockefellers and the controllers are freaking out right about now
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 am by kenlej

» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab-- Enjoy the rest of you r day

Go down

2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day Empty 2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab-- Enjoy the rest of you r day

Post by Ponee Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:38 pm

2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab

2,300 Tubes Of Deadly SARS Virus Go Missing From French Lab--  Enjoy the rest of you r day Vials_featured

By Sarah Fruchtnicht, Tue, April 15, 2014
A French research lab in Paris announced more than 2,300 vials of the deadly coronavirus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) have gone missing from its inventory.

A routine check at the Pasteur Institute found that 2,349 tubes containing fragments of the coronavirus, which killed nearly 800 people in 2002, are gone.

The Pasteur Institute’s general director, Christian Bréchot, said foul play is “highly probable.”

But the institute assured the public that the contents in the tubes are only parts of the virus and can’t infect others.

“The tubes concerned have no infectious potential,” the institute said in a statement. "Independent experts referred by health authorities have qualified such potential as 'non-existing' according to the available evidence and literature on the survival of the Sars virus.”

The lab from which the vials disappeared is considered one of the institute’s safest. Only a restricted number of personnel are allowed to go into the lab and they must go through a decontamination process before leaving.

Management was made aware of the missing vials in January and staff has been looking for them for months, Bréchot said.

"We've looked for those boxes [containing the tubes] everywhere," Bréchot explained. "We went thought the lists of all the people who have worked here in the past year and a half, including trainees. We have scrutinised their profile to check if there was any conflict."
Bréchot hopes the tubes were destroyed by staff, who simply forgot to record the procedure.

Sources: International Business Times, The Local
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/health/2300-tubes-deadly-sars-virus-go-missing-french-lab
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum